Status: COMPLETED!!

The Only Thing I Ask

Chapter 39 - That Easy

It rang, Michelle waited. She had to ask him what really happened. She felt scared for Brian. Scared that his old history will reoccur. His reputation had been tainted too much that he couldn’t afford to experience the low moments again.

“Hello.” A familiar voice picked up the call finally.
“Gerard.”
“Yeah, who is this?”
“Michelle.”
He went silent for a while.
“Michelle, as in Synyster Gates’ girlfriend?” his voice sounded cocky, and as if he had won something.
“Yes. The love of his life. I gotta talk to you.”
“Baby, I knew you’d come around.”
“Shut up. Now tell me what really happened.”

“We dated for three years Michelle. To be honest, I kind of lost my interest in you because you seem too attached to me. Always happy to see me, always talk sweetly to me. Not once I’ve seen you angry.”

“That’s why you got engaged behind my back?”

Gerard laughed hard. “Honey, Eliza was just a fling. We got engaged for fun. She’s history anyway. But you, I’m interested in you now.”
“I’m not available. Now tell me what happened!”
“Ohh feisty! I like me some rough chick baby!”
“GERARD, GET A HOLD OF YOUR DRUNKEN ASS AND TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED!”
Michelle yelled into the phone. Gerard was startled. He went silent again for a while.
“And if I don’t want to?”

Michelle rubbed her face. She was unarmed. She didn’t have anything to use against him.

“Brian – Syn is my everything, Gerard. Please understand that. It took me 6 years to forget you. I have found the one that can make me happy, please don’t ruin it for me. Don’t ruin it for him.” She nearly cried but managed to hold it in.

Gerard didn’t answer. He just listened.

“Let me go, Gerard. Please.”

Michelle heard he inhaled and sighed deeply.

“I don’t mean to be an asshole Michelle. It’s just that I could never replace what we had 6 years ago with anything. I never appreciated you.”

Michelle was taken aback. Her turn to be silent this time.

“What really happened was, I kinda provoke him. I dunno, I want to see his reaction. Hell I was drunk anyway. I’d never thought that he would, you now – react.”

Michelle sighed heavily. “Fix this, Gerard. Fix it however you can, or else I’ll spill everything to Richard.”

“Richard? Pftt what can he actually do to me?”

“I dunno, stop booking for you guys, so you guys won’t have anything to do anymore. Or maybe start talking to his connections whatsoever, so you guys won’t be able to produce your album or anything. Yeah shit like that.”

Gerard clenched his jaw, holding back his anger.

“You wouldn’t dare.”

“Fix this or you’ll find out.”

She hung up after that, feeling brave though her heart thumped so hard and fast within her chest.

******************************************************************************************************

Gerard was standing in front of Jimmy, outside their tour bus. Jimmy was ready to punch him but stopped midway when he spoke.

“I came to apologize.”

Jimmy was stunned in his punching pose, but then he stood up straight.

“In that case, come in!” Jimmy moved to make way for Gerard to come in. As soon as he came in, Brian immediately stood up. Matthew raised his hand to Brian’s chest, restraining him from doing anything violent.

“Hi guys.”
They all just merely nodded.
“I came to apologize.” He stated again, in case they hadn’t heard him the first time.
“Gates, I dated Michelle for 3 years. But not once I made her feel appreciated. I played with her feelings, I became a jerk. I’d never thought seeing her again would make me want her, even more.”
“Cut the fucking crap. What’s your point?”
“I came here to say that you’re lucky to have her. I’m sorry for provoking you.”
Brian narrowed his eyes to him. “That easy?”
“Yeah. That easy. I’m letting her go now. You have to appreciate her no matter how boring she gets later.”
“I’ll never get bored with her.”
Gerard pursed his lips and nodded. Hands in his pocket, he was ready to leave.
“Wait, Gerard. You gotta do something first.” Tona called him when he was about to go to the front door. He turned around.
“What is it?”
♠ ♠ ♠
a little short :)