Status: COMPLETED!!

The Only Thing I Ask

Chapter 40 - Guitar God

“Hi guys, I’m Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance.”

“I’m Synyster Gates from Avenged Sevenfold.”

“We want to apologize to our fans for what happen on stage in Amsterdam last week. We’re not having a fight or anything, it’s just how we mingle.”

“And I’m NOT on drugs or anything so don’t assume that I am. Don’t do drugs, kids.”

“Well, let’s just say that what happened was just a minor drunken situation of me. I was being a human, having a hangover that day. Gates was just passing by, I said some nasty things to him, he pulled me by the collar and smelled my breath. He said to me, “Jack Daniels last night eh?” He even advised me to not take anything too strong while on stage because it will mess up my focus.”

“Yeah.”

“So, we just want to do this shout outs to all the fans and the haters of both of us, to stop the cyber war.”

“Or not, we’re not your parents we can’t tell you what to do.”

“Anyway, stay in school, or work, whatever. Goodbye.”


After that both of them hugged in the video. Michelle smiled watching it. The video had been spread all over the internet since the past two weeks. They were obviously acting but nonetheless it was convincing. She wondered whether Tona was forced being the camerawoman or did she volunteer to record this.

The cyber war gradually faded, though there were still some fans who didn’t believe the video but they were also minority, so Michelle didn’t care anymore. She reached for her phone and called Brian. She hadn’t spoken to him for two weeks. After the first controversial video went viral, Brian just stopped calling and texting her. She was anxious to know what happened. But after the counter attack video was released, he still didn’t call. She called him so many times before but it always went to his ‘Jimmy custom made’ voicemail.

“Hey you’ve reached Brian Pickled Liver Hane-dog, I’ll fucking kill you!!” BEEP.

Jimmy’s voice blared through her speaker loudly before the beep sounded.

“Brian, why didn’t you call? I missed you. Call me back.”

She figured that maybe he was too busy. Plus he didn’t know how to Skype so she forgave him anyway. She’d thought of calling Jimmy or even Matt but she didn’t want them to think of her as too attached.

The house felt so empty without him around. Though Pinkly was actively running and jumping and chasing her tail, Michelle still felt empty inside.

“Pinkly, come here. Come here baby.”
Pinkly obeyed and went running towards her. She picked her up and Pinkly’s tongue stuck out, panting.
“Mommy misses daddy so much, do you miss daddy?”
She barked.
“Aww, you do. Let’s get you something to eat.” She got up from the couch and went to the kitchen while holding Pinkly in her arms. She prepared for Pinky’s bowl and watched her chomped down the whole thing happily. Then she suddenly heard a ‘bing’ from her laptop. She took her time to go over, but when she finally reached there, there was a notification from her Skype that says;

guitargod77 wants to add you.

“Guitargod77? Now who the hell is this?” She approved it and then the person without the avatar immediately called her. She was a bit afraid to receive the call; in fact it’s a video call. But she picked it up anyway. It took a while for the person load the view but when it was done;

“BRIAN?!”

Brian, finally in front of the webcam, grinned widely at her. He was looking at her face on the screen now rather than at the camera.

“Oh my God, I missed you so much!!” She wanted to hug him but he was so far away, so she just hugged her monitor. Her breasts cramped Brian’s view and he enjoyed looking at it.
“You know how to Skype now?”
“Tona taught me. I used her computer.”
“Guitargod77?” she raised one of her eyebrow and narrowed her eyes at him.
“I can’t use my real name, somebody else is using it.”
She smiled, too content to finally see his face. “I missed you.”
“I missed you too. I wish I was there, right next to you.”
She bit her lip.
“God knows how much I wanted that lips right now.” He said, half-whispered.
She giggled but then realized something. “I just called you like 5 minutes ago. Why didn’t you pick up?”
“Oh, my phone is fucking broken. Fell off my bunk or something. Sorry for not calling.”
“That’s okay. I like hearing Jimmy’s voice on your voicemail.”
“Hah that. That fucker was drunk when he made it.”
“Jimmy’s there?”
“Nope. I’m alone. They’re all gone, bar hopping again.”
“Really? Why aren’t you with them?”
“You’d rather I go bar hopping with them, instead of sitting here, talking to you?”
Michelle blushed watching him smirked. “I’d rather you be here, with me.”
“Me too baby. I’d give anything to come back home.”
They smiled at each other’s view and be in silent for a while.

“You saw the video?” Brian asked, breaking the silence apart.
Michelle nodded. “I’m sorry.”
“Hey, why would you be sorry? You didn’t do anything wrong. That asshole provoked me and it was my choice to whether ignore him or-”
“I told him to fix it.”Michelle cut him off halfway through his complaint.
Brian slowly frowned, his eyes narrowed down at her.
“What?”
“I called and blackmailed him. Told him to fix it. I knew it was entirely his fault, not yours. But I can’t watch you go down like that. Please don’t be mad at me?”

Brian closed his eyes. He admitted that his pride was hurt a little bit but if it wasn’t for Michelle, he might have looked like a total jerk to their fans right now.

“I’m not. Thank you, Michelle.”
Michelle smiled bitterly. They went silent again. Then Brian suddenly got up and left the computer.

“Brian where are you going?”

“Just a sec!” Brian shouted from afar. A short moment later he came back with an acoustic guitar in his hand. Michelle’s eyes lit up.

“You’re gonna sing for me?”

He smiled and raised his eyebrows. “I wrote a song for you. Well, to be honest, I wrote it with Zacky and Matt. It’s completed and I want you to be the first to hear it.”

Michelle couldn’t help but glee; she excitedly rested her palms under her chin and listened to him singing.

He started with an amazing riff, and Michelle instantly fell in love with it.

“A lonely road, crossed another cold state line
Miles away from those I love, purpose hard to find
While I recall, all the words you spoke to me
Can’t help but wished that I was there
Back where I’d love to be
Dear God, the only thing I ask of you
Is to hold her when I’m not around
When I’m much too far away
We all need the person who can be true to You
But I left her when I found her
And now I wished I’d stayed
Cause I’m lonely and I’m tired
I’m missing you again, oh no
Once again.”


Brian’s voice was so different than Matthew, it was so soothing and warm it went into her ears like heated water and immediately melted her heart. Tears formed behind her eyes and she couldn’t stop it from running down her cheeks.

“Some searched, never finding a way
Before long, they waste away
I found you, something told me to stay
I gave in, to selfish ways
And how I miss someone to hold, when hope begins to fade.”


Every word from that song reflected everything about them. All those fights they’ve been through, every selfish ways they’ve been. They make up and fight again after, everything that made them tired and wished nothing more than to just be with each other. She prayed to God to hold his heart when she’s not around him too, sometimes.

As soon as he ended the song, she sobbed. Her hands on her mouth, tears running faster on her cheeks. She wiped the tears off, and chuckled nervously.

“Sorry, I can’t help but cry. The song is beautiful. You’re beautiful.”

Brian didn’t answer, he just smiled watching her. They went silent again, Michelle was still wiping off the tears when he suddenly spoke.

“Michelle, will you marry me?”

Michelle froze.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)