Status: COMPLETED!!

The Only Thing I Ask

Chapter 7 - Monologue

Image

‘Can’t believe she rejected me! ME! The Synyster fucking Gates! I busted my ass, taking risks in front of all the fucking press to that small fucking store just to see her! And she rejected me just like that? This can’t be happening.’

“You want my hair gel, bro?”
Brian flinched and looked up abruptly. Jimmy was standing beside him, staring.
“No. Why would I want your fucking hair gel?”
“You’re messing up your hair. It’s already messed up, but you messed it up, more.”
Brian sighed, but his piercing stare did not leave Jimmy.
“Rev, I love you but right now, piss off.”
Jimmy smiled. “D’aww…I love you too Haner.”

After that Jimmy just casually walked over to his drumset and started kicking and pounding those snares and cymbals. Making Brian’s head even more messed up.

“Dudees~morning!” Zacky came into the studio with his shades on and a Jack Daniels in his left hand.
“It’s fucking 9 pm, Zacky! What are you drinking? Give me some!” Jimmy greeted him and quickly grabbed the bottle from his hand. “Ahh..that’s the life!”

Brian shook his head, too lazy to entertain his best friends being drunk asses, he picked up his signature silver-striped black guitar, strapped it onto his shoulder and started tuning.

“Dude, I never told you this. But your Schecter, is it a silver with black stripes or a black with silver stripes?” Zacky had too much to drink. He can barely walk straight let alone play tonight.

“Zacky, what the fuck is wrong with you dude? You’ve never been drunk on a session before. Why the fuck now?” Brian snatched the bottle away from Zacky’s hand and put it away.
“I fucking broke up with her. Ha-ha!”

Both Jimmy and Brian raised their eyebrows in surprise. Zacky had a girlfriend? He never told them anything before! Sure he was uninterested in Valerie or Michelle but they never took him seriously as for someone who’s in a relationship.

“I, Zacky Vengeance, fucking broke up with her!”
“Who?” Jimmy and Brian said in unison.
Zacky took his time to answer. When he finally settled himslef on a stool, he spilled.
“Rose.”
“Rose? As in Rose Hartley?”
Brian and Jimmy remembered it now. Rose Hartley was the leader of Avenged Sevenfold’s groupie. Not that the band ever requested for such service but Rose was more than happy to do it. Finding them girls from their concert to hang out with, or if they wanted to, to hook up with, it was all that Rose ever got to do. But how the hell she ended up being in a relationship with Zacky?

“She always came to me.” Zacky, like reading their minds, explained.
“Everytime she brought those girls into our bus, she always came to me. She was my bitch. Kind of.”

Zacky ran his fingers through his messy spiky hair. “But I wanted a relationship. And she didn’t. so I ended it. No more groupies after this. Yeah. Thanks to me. Suck it losers! Ha-ha!”

Right at that moment Brian realized, Zacky was in the same boat as him. But he didn’t build any egoistical brick wall in front of him. And relationship with groupies sure as hell can’t come true. He stood by his principle, fans don’t last forever.

Matthew was such a different case. He fell in love with his biggest fan, that will adore him forever. And she loved him back.

“S’up guys. Tonight we’re jamming Bat Country again, ‘ight? How’s the harmonic solo coming up, Syn?” Matthew, as the leader of the band came into the studio announcing their tasks first hand. Brian was searching behind him for any signs of Valerie. And Michelle. But they weren’t with him.
“Can’t tonight. Zacky’s hammered.”
“What? I told you no drinking during session! I let you off, Syn, because you are so fucking calm when you drunk. But dude, Zacky…what the hell man?”
“Lay off him, dude. He’s just broken up with his girlfriend.” Jimmy stood up for Zacky.
“You have a girlfriend?”
Zacky looked up to Matthew. “Had. I can still play.”
“No way. You’re too hammered. Go home and sleep.”
“What about the session tonight?”
“Johnny’s got something to do anyway, so tonight we just write.”
With that permission, Zacky took off.
“Poor guy. Awl he wanted was someone to wuv him. Aww…” Jimmy made cute voice and face towards Brian who eventually laughed.

************************************************************************
Image

‘Is it too early for me to say that I’ve grown to like him? I’ve only met him twice, and both times didn’t end really well for us. I can’t stop thinking about his piercing stare. Oh why did he look so sad in this poster? After Val and Matthew told me everything about him, I feel sorry for him. Why would he fell in love with such a bitch? Oh how I really want to him smile.’

“Michelle what are you doing in my room?”
Michelle jumped to find Valerie behind her.
“Nothing, I-I was looking for this!” she held out a pen which she just found on the floor.
“That wasn’t mine.”
“Really? I guess it’s mine then.”
Valerie shrugged. “Hey, have you planned anything for this year’s Thanksgiving?”
“Um…not yet. Why?”
“I was thinking we could invite those guys over this year. Starting off again between you and Brian. What do you say?”
Michelle looked down to her feet.
“I dunno, Val. I think we should lay this off for a while. I don’t even know if I’m up to his expectation. I mean, he’s a rock star and all. He might be looking for someone only to fool around with.”
“Oh Michelle. When will you be ready?! You told me you’re over Gerard! Why the hell aren’t you ready yet?”
“I am over him! He doesn’t mean anything to me now. But Brian, he’s…a bit of a jerk. You gotta admit, Val.”
“No he’s not! You’ve only met him twice and you’re judging him already? Please just get to know him before anything, okay?”
“Val, listen…”
“You’re just making up excuses, Mich! Like you always do!” Valerie went inside her room, pushed Michelle away and slammed her door.
Yes, that was exactly what Michelle did. Finding invisible excuses to everything she’d want to avoid from. She didn’t mean it when she said that Brian was a jerk. She barely know him.