Status: new chapters on the way

With a Grain of Salt

Mia is a bright, young twenty-something with her whole life ahead of her. A mysterious gift, however, has been given her that even she cannot understand, let alone control. The power she has is becoming too much for her to handle, and has even taken innocent lives. This doesn't go unnoticed, and soon, SHIELD is after her, causing frightened Mia to go into hiding. They aren't the only ones noticing Mia's dangerous gift, however. Loki has found his way back to Midgard to finish what he's started. Mia thinks her ability to be a curse, but he recognizes that with just a little training, she could be quite useful. Mia isn't stupid; she knows his intentions are less than noble. But she'll soon realize she doesn't have much of a choice. At least, not yet.

***If you like it, please review. It's nice to hear and tells me to keep doing what I'm doing. If you don't like it, well, review. That's the only way I know how to make it better. :)
  1. 1: Involving Panic
    Introduction and Prologue
  2. 2: Involving Pursuit
    Follow-up to the prologue, segue into the main development
  3. 3: Involving Potential
    An interaction between Loki and Mia
  4. 3: Involving Practice
    First training session. Mia is a bit apprehensive to use her power, and Loki will pry it out of her if he has to.