Status: Trying something new.

Texts from Me to You

Steven & Jenny

Hi Alice.

Hey Steven, what's up?

I went looking again today.

How'd it go?

I don't.... I don't really know.

Why not?

I went into town to ask around. Nobody had seen then.

Okay.

I walked down the sidewalk and up the sidewalk, back and forth, inside stores and out. A few ppl in the restaurant recalled us being in there the day before I woke up. But none of them have seen each other since.

I'm sorry.

I'm getting worried, Alice.

It's okay Steven, I'm sure everything is fine. I'm sorry I can't help you look.

It's okay. When I finally got back to my house, there was note.

What kind of note?

A bad note.

Jenny

You never told me why you can't love Harley.

Do you think I can?

You can love whoever you want. It shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks of who you love. You love who you love and that's all there is to it.

You believe strongly in this.

My brother has a boyfriend named Gregory. My best friend, his boyfriend's name is Alex.

What do your parents think of your brother?

They love him no matter what. My moms both think it's great.

I'd love to be in your family.

Why?

Let me tell you a story. I've known Harley since I was five, we grew up together, went to school and did all our projects together. She was the first person I loved and she was the first person I slept with.

So, she loves you back?

Yes.

What's wrong then?

Our families are Catholic. Both of us would be exiled if they knew.

But she loves you back?

Yes. That doesn't mean anything. She loves her family and now she's getting married to a man named Sean. He doesn't know, our families don't know, and nobody knows about what happened between us. She loves Sean and won't leave him. She told me not to come to the wedding.

Where is she going afterward?

She's moving to Pennsylvania to be nearer to his family. I live in California.

If the love is strong enough.

It's not. She won't defy her family and I won't defy mine.

Why not for your love?

My family is a little extreme when it comes to things.