Status: in progress

From Russia with Love

If he makes you feel loved......

“Oh no mom, dad it’s—“I began stuttering after seeing the disgusted look on their faces.

“Will be right back.” Geno said standing up to head upstairs

“Do you two have some sick, polygamist Russian sister-wives thing going on?” My dad stood as I resisted the urge to laugh.

“It’s his—“ I began.

“Is that why this house is so big? So you can raise—“

“Stop it! Jeez, his cousin is visiting from Russia. She probably needs help with her twins or something. Why do you go out of your way to find something bad about everyone?!” I yelled as Geno stood awkwardly, halfway to the stairs.

“Evgeni!!” Natasha yelled again. He barked back in Russian and put an arm around me. He rubbed my shoulders with his hand and my dad squinted as I curled into his arms.

“Ali just understand, you’re our only daughter, our only child, so it’s just hard….It’s hard to think anyone is good enough for you. Your father, he…has a hard time accepting that you’re growing up you know?” My mother explained, grabbing my dad’s arm.

“Well I hope you know you’ve ruined every relationship I’ve had because you can’t let me go. Guess what, every guy I’ve let meet you has broken up with me shortly after.”

I turned to face Geno. “That’s why I didn’t want you to meet them. I wasn’t ready for this to be over.” I said feeling the tears fall from my face as I walked upstairs. I locked myself in one of Geno’s guest rooms and I felt sick to my stomach.

After a few minutes I heard a light knock on the door and sat up from the bed. I collected myself and opened the door slowly.

“Can I talk to you?” my dad said looking rather upset.

“Look, we’ve never been close. I don’t care what you have to say.” I crossed my arms.

“Would you just listen?” He scoffed, brushing past me and into the spare room. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry I was shitty to you for so many years. I’m sorry I’m the reason you don’t trust people. I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you when you needed me, but I’m here now. I’m trying okay. I thought the least I could do was try to protect you.”

“I grew up not needing you to protect me so I don’t need you to protect me now.” I said trying to distract myself from looking at him.

“I’M SORRY!” he yelled frustrated. I could see the vein in his forehead and just shook my head slowl.

“It’s too late for sorry. It’s too late to take back the fact that no matter what I did I was never good enough. Honestly I don’t know what you were expecting. I never dated THAT much anyway. You want me to end up an old shrew? I’m going to assume you don’t want grandkids. You completely fucked up what my idea of love is and for fuck’s sake, Geno makes me feel loved!” I yelled.

For the first time in my life my dad was quiet. He sat still for a moment before opening his mouth like he was going to speak then closing it again. I could almost see the new grey hairs coming in.

“If he makes you feel loved…then I guess that’s all I could ever ask for.” He said quietly. I was taken aback by his complacence.

“So all of a sudden it doesn’t matter that he’s not a PhD student or a lawyer or—“

“As long as he makes you happy….I’m happy. Again, I’m sorry. I’ll get out of your hair.” He said stepping out of the room. Geno immediately walked in and wrapped his arms around me.

“No want to leave you. Not worry.” He said kissing my forehead.

“I understand. My parent protective too. “ He smiled. I leaned up and kissed him. I was a mess. I just felt so emotionally wrecked and I wanted nothing more than to feel Geno. He was my rock. He made me feel stable.

“Allison?” My mother called from somewhere in the hallway.

“In here.” I said quietly. Geno had his arm firmly on my waist as my mom walked in.

“I’m sorry. Your father just wanted to see you. He loves you. He prays for you every day, he’s just not good at…he’s been bad at showing it and I’m sorry for that.”

“It’s fine. I’m sure you guys are tired. I’ll call you a cab to take you to the hotel and we can do breakfast tomorrow.” I said. My mom hugged me tight and embraced Geno too.

Geno shut the door behind her and pulled me into him.

“Is okay Ali?” he whispered into my cheek. I nodded.

“Just an emotional day. Will you call them a cab?” I whispered.

“Da” he nodded and I could hear him jog down the curved staircase. He came about 20 minutes later and he when he saw me sitting on the floor with my back against the wall.

“What?” I asked him looking up.

“Why you not in our room?” He asked pulling me up. I looked into his eyes for a moment before bursting out laughing.

“I thought it was at first.”

“You so mad you see red?” he chuckled. “You hungry? I make food. Then we talk. Okay?” I nodded and walked into our room and slipping under the covers.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sooooooo sorry for the ridic hiatus. I had major writers block on this story. I hope this chapter is okay for now. I'll be writing more often, dont worry.