Sequel: Best Friends for Life

Best Friends...Forever?

The Dance

The dance was coming up and no one had asked me to the dance yet. Not that I was totally surprised but I had a tiny bit of hope that someone would ask me. Anybody, I wasn’t being all too picky. The night of the dance came and I still hadn’t been asked. I was going alone. Well not totally alone just without a date. Cody was going with Susie and Hunter was going with Angela. I would be the one in our group without a date. Susie came over to help me get dressed. We changed into our dresses. Then I went through the torturous process as Susie proceeded to do my hair and makeup. It was all worth it though when I looked in the mirror. I couldn’t believe what I saw. The girl staring back was not me but a gorgeous, beautiful girl. I was shocked Susie had worked wonders.

Susie looked fabulous too. When Cody saw her his mouth dropped. He looked at her with adoration.

“You look beautiful, Susie,” he said and kissed her on the cheek. She blushed a little.

“Thanks. But you have to see what I did with Jessica. You won’t believe it. I actually got her to come and in a dress.”

“Really.” Cody couldn’t believe it. He couldn’t believe it even more when he saw me.

“That’s Jessica. Oh my gosh. You did a great job. Jessica, you look great,” Cody said.

“Thanks.” We walked to the school all three of us together. Hunter had to go pick up Angela. We found a six person table and sat down.
--
When Hunter arrives Cody walks up to him to point him to the table. Angela sits down. Hunter notices Susie in her gold dress with Cody in a tux sitting next to her. Then he sees the other girl. The most beautiful girl he’s ever seen. She’s wearing a blue dress plain and simple yet it seems to shine in the light. She looks familiar but he can’t quite seem to put his finger on it. Hunter asks Cody in a whisper, “Who’s that hot girl sitting at our table?” Cody laughs.

“You don’t know.” Hunter shakes his head. “Seriously, Cody. Who is she? I think I’ve seen her before.”

Now Cody shakes his head. “Dude you’ve only been friends and a neighbor to her since forever. You should know Jessica when you see her.”
Hunter is shocked. “Cody, there’s no way that’s Jessica. I’ve seen Jessica and Jessica is not that hot.”

“You have to stop saying that. Obviously she is because that is Jessica.” Hunter sits down at the table between Angela and Cody. Jessica is sitting next to Susie who is sitting by Cody.

“Hi, Jessica,” Hunter says.

It’s confirmed it’s her when she says, “Hey, Hunter.” He can’t believe it. It is Jessica. Jessica’s hot.
--
“Oh I love this song dance with me, baby,” Angela says dragging Hunter to the dance floor.

“May I have this dance?” Cody says to Susie who giggles and takes his hand. They move to the fast beat as I watch enjoying from the table until a slow song comes on. Susie and Cody move gracefully together. I can see how much they like each other. Then I look over at Hunter and Angela and see Angela holding Hunter’s butt. I start to get lonely as the soft music plays.

Hunter looks over Angela’s shoulder to see Jessica all alone at the table. He wants to go ask her to dance but doesn’t. Brad the quarterback for the football team also notices the hot girl sitting all by herself and goes to ask her to dance.

When Brad came up to me and asked me to dance, I couldn’t believe it. I was a bit reluctant but I got up and we danced. “I’m Brad,” he said as we started to dance.

“Jessica,” I responded. We danced until the song was over. Then we went and sat at a table. “I don’t think I’ve seen you around before are you new?” Brad asked.

“No, I’m not new.”

“Oh. Well would you like to go out with me sometime on a date?” He asked me with a smile on his face.

“Umm... Sure.” I wasn’t sure if I should go out with him. I’d never been on a date before.

“Great,” he said with the biggest smile, I think I have ever seen, on his face. I spent the rest of the dance with Brad. The dance was actually pretty good. I enjoyed being with Brad and
I was happy we were going out on a date.

Hunter couldn’t believe it when he saw Brad dancing with Jessica. Hunter hated Brad ever since middle school. Brad was bad news.

After the dance was over Cody and Susie went home together since they lived close by each other. I was saying bye to Brad.

“So we are going on that date right?” Brad asked me as we were walking out of the school.

“Yeah, tomorrow six o’ clock.”

“Great, bye.” Brad kissed me on the cheek and we parted ways. Hunter came up to me as I was walking home.

“Are you going out with Brad?”

“Yeah, I have a date with him tomorrow.”

“Oh.” was all Hunter said. Hunter was really quiet the rest of the walk.

“So did you and Angela have a good time?” I asked even though I really didn’t want to hear what a good time he had with her.

“Yeah,” Hunter replied. The rest of the walk was silent until we got to our houses where we said bye. “Bye, Hunter.”

“Bye, Jessica.”

Right when I was about to go inside Hunter said, “You look beautiful tonight.” Then I heard his door close. I smiled and went inside my house. Hunter said I was beautiful. I wasn’t ugly. I changed out of my dress and hung it up in my closet then I went to bed feeling so happy. I was going out with Brad, the football quarterback, and Hunter said I looked beautiful.