Status: Complete.

The Black Parade

I Don’t Love You

“I refuse to work with that egotistical prick for one second longer!” I declared with passion to Frank and Ray, who both had odd sort of slightly confused, slightly scared, but ever so slightly amused at the short girl ranting and raving, looks. I’d get them back for that. Mark my words. “Send me out on my own, I’ll do it myself!”

“Hun,” Ray started with a very annoying grin on his lips, “can you call The Black Parade?”

“If I could click my fingers I could!” I huffed in annoyance and frustration.

“It’s a lot more than just clicking your fingers,” Ray stated.

“And anyway, what sort of person doesn’t know how to click their fingers?” Frank asked, then proceeded to demonstrate his amazing finger clicking skills. “See, easy!”

“Cut it out!” I snapped, grabbing his hand to stop him being such a show off. God, what was with everyone here?

“What’s with you?” Frank asked, yanking his hand away from me. “Things didn’t go well with the drifter?”

“More like Gerard,” I huffed.

“What did he do now?”

I had to actually think about that one for a moment and then realised he hadn’t actually done anything to me, not really, I just found him extremely annoying, he was an egotistical jerk, this whole Black Parade thing had really gone to his head.

“He’s just…” I paused and grouped for the words blindly. “Annoying!” I settled on, crossing my arms across my chest.

“Ah, annoying,” Ray nodded knowingly.

“What do you mean by that?” I snapped.

“Don’t think we didn’t see you and Gerard getting all close with all that dancing,” Frank smirked at me.

“You saw that?” I gasped. I was pretty ashamed about the whole thing, considering for some odd reason I hadn’t minded Gerard Way rubbing up against me much, but I had to show some restraint, didn’t I?

“Oh yeah,” Frank started, nodding knowingly, “we saw it all.”

“There’s no privacy in this place!” I huffed.

“No,” Frank said. “And it’s a very good thing.”

I stared at him for a moment, wondering about him, and everyone else here, and why everyone I’d met so far felt the need to a, annoy me, b, flirt with me or c, show off to me. Apart from Bob, Bob was cool, so far.

“Okay, Frank, stop scaring the poor girl,” Ray laughed as he slung a friendly arm around my shoulders, “we have got work to do, you know how He gets.”

“What’s His name? Just out of curiosity.” I asked.

“Call him Dave,” Frank grinned, “he loves that.”

“Shut up, Iero,” Ray sighed, whacking Frank around the head. “He doesn’t really have a name.”

“Right…” They were just getting so good at this explanation thing.

“Anyway, there are things to be done.” Ray said, interrupting my thoughts.

“Wanna ride with me?” Frank asked suggestively.

“Err…”

“I’ll take her on this one,” Ray stepped in, which I was pretty grateful for.

As we walked away from a rather annoyed looking Frank I felt the need to thank Ray.

“Whatever for?” Ray asked.

“He scares me,” I answered.

Ray just shrugged. “Yeah, he has that affect on most people.”

Ray didn’t seem to be in much of a hurry as he led me to the same building Frank had taken me to before, but to a different portal of swirling grey mist. I was starting to feel like I was grouping around in the dark so I decided I’d try and get some answers from Ray, I figured he’d be the one most likely to give me a straight answer out of all the other guys.

“This is really starting to confuse me, how do you know which portal to go to?”

“Oh, that’s easy,” Ray explained. Glad to see he thought that. “We’re each assigned one.”

“Oh.” Okay, I was still confused. “How does that work?”

“Give me your hand,” he asked softly, taking my hand and holding it up against the swirling grey mist. “Now, relax, let me guide you.” He slowly, very slowly, pressed my hand against the swirling grey mist. It felt warm under my hand, and an odd mix of solid and liquid, and just like when Frank and Gerard had touched it the grey mist began to disperse, and I realised it was as if it was being sucked into me. I tried to pull my hand away but Ray kept me there. I wasn’t exactly prepared for it. And the oddest sensation accompanied the mist, it was as if I was absorbing information too. “We don’t know who we get until we touch the portal,” Ray explained, but his voice seemed very faint and very far away. I was being flooded with memories and feelings and knowledge. It was a woman. A rather dignified looking woman, she had shoulder length black hair but she preferred to keep it in a tight neat bun. She had the sort of look of someone rather anal retentive and picky though she looked like she was very aware of how sexy she was. “So who is it?” Ray asked me.

“Veronica Saltlake.” I reeled off, unaware I was even saying it, but I felt the way Ray tensed next to me.

I pulled my hand away as the memories started working backwards to some very odd sexual encounters, this was all terribly too personal, had Gerard seen all of my life like this when he’d come for me? I knew how she was going to die, it was a stupid accident, so I didn’t need or want to see any more.

“Ray?” I asked noticing how pale he suddenly looked, and the way his eyes seemed to be glazed over and he did not look like a happy little bunny. “Ray, are you o-”

“So she’s finally going to get what’s coming to her,” his voice was rough and low.

“Ray what-”

“Come on, this one I’ve got a special interest in.”

He practically dragged me through the portal and into what I could only assume was a bedroom, well there was a very large bed taking up most of the room. The whole place was done in creams and gold’s, it was all very stylish, I actually quite liked it, it was sort of warm and welcoming, and the bed did look very comfortable. How long had I been on my feet now? They were killing me. Without really thinking about it I leant down and took off the stupid heeled shoes and sunk my feet into the plush cream carpet, god it felt so comfortable.

“This carpet is amazing,” I commented, having a very strong urge to get naked and roll around on it.

“Feels better against your bare skin,” Ray muttered as he headed towards the door and opened it, peeking out into the hallway. That’s an odd thing to say. I wonder how much carpet sex this guy has had? “Amazing it’s still here after three years.”

“Is there something I’m missing here?” I questioned, thoroughly confused by Ray’s behaviour, not that I knew him that well anyway, but this was odd behaviour in relation to most normal sane people.

“She’s still here?” Ray exclaimed in disbelief. Ray stepped back from the door and a young woman entered the bedroom, she had long brown hair and was wearing blue jeans and a white t-shirt, definitely not Veronica. “Hasn’t changed one bit.”

“Are you going to explain what’s going on Ray?”

He gave me this look, then shook it away, it was almost annoyance, but not quite. “Just watch.”

The woman headed towards a dressing table and began rummaging through the jewellery boxes on the top.

“Do you think she’s looking for her earrings?” I asked hopefully. Ray gave me a look as if I was stupid. “Guess not.”

“HANNAH!” There was a loud shout and the girl jumped, dropping a few necklaces on the floor. She got onto her hands and knees and scrambled around on the floor trying to pick up the expensive looking jewellery.

“What a waste,” Ray muttered to himself, shaking his head slowly.

“HANNAH HAVE YOU SEEN MY-”

“Ah, the main attraction,” Ray said with a smug smile.

This was Veronica Saltlake. Her shoulder length black hair was well coifed, styled so it fell naturally around her pale, heart shaped face, her eyes were dark hazel and rather large and inviting. She was wandering around in lacy black knickers, a red and black corset, suspenders, stockings and that was about it.

“Hannah, what are you doing?” Veronica asked, actually shocked at seeing the younger woman rummaging through what I can only assume was Veronica’s jewellery.

“I was just getting my-” She tried to surreptitiously slip something into her pocket but Veronica noticed.

“What’s that?” Veronica stormed towards Hannah and grabbed her arm, wrestling whatever it was out of her hand.

“Ow, you bitch!” Hannah cursed as Veronica sank her long red manicured nails into the girl’s wrist.

“Still as violent as ever,” Ray added, a very cold look on his face.

Veronica finally got the thing out of the girl’s hand and it was revealed to be a very plain silver or perhaps platinum ring. Why in Hell would Hannah want that? I was guessing she was trying to steal it, obviously, but it didn’t look like it was worth much.

“I can’t believe you!” Veronica shrieked, slapping the girl around the face.

“It’s not worth anything anyway!” Hannah retaliated, making to run out of the room but Veronica grabbed her wrist and yanked her back.

“Why were you trying to take this?” She asked viciously, shoving the ring in the girl’s face.

“I’m not going to fucking tell you.”

Veronica grabbed a fistful of the girls long brown hair and pulled making her yell. “What’s he offering you?” Veronica snapped.

“I don’t know wha-” Her words were interrupted by another yell of pain as Veronica yanked her hair harder. “Sex! All right! SEX!”

“The little bastard!” Veronica growled. “Get out of my sight!” She pushed the girl away and she stumbled to her knees. “You can tell him he can pack his bags right now, the weddings off, he’s not getting a penny of my money!”

My[/] money,” Ray corrected coldly.

…Huh?

…What?

…Wait…

So this was his whore of an ex-wife? Well… she was pretty, and feisty, and… no, I really can’t see why Ray would be attracted to her at all. She had good tits though.

“He doesn’t love you anyway,” the girl spat as she got to her feet and ran off, but Veronica wasn’t even paying attention to the girl, she was inspecting the ring with a delicate touch and an almost sentimental look in her eyes.

“Ray,” she muttered, sighing deeply at the thought before going to put the ring back, but it slipped from her fingers before she had a chance to put it on the dressing table. It hit the carpet and rolled under the dressing table.

“Is she going to get it?” Ray mused, a hint of amusement to his voice.

I knew exactly how she was going to die. I could stop it. But was it my right to interfere? Did she deserve to live?

Veronica hesitated.

“Oh, maybe not.” Ray noted.

She got down on her hands and knees and fished under the dressing table, grouping blindly for the ring.

“Now why would she want to remember that?” Ray mused.

She had minuets to live.

“Ray,” I started softly, “I think we should give this soul to someone else.”

“No, I want to do this,” he sneered.

“Finally,” she muttered, her hand closing around the ring. “Fuck,” she gasped, standing up and inspecting her finger, which had a small cut on it. “Guess you’re still holding a grudge then?” She laughed, though it was humourless, as she addressed the ring. She headed into the bathroom. Ray grabbed my arm and dragged me after her. I really didn’t want to see this one but I had very little say in the matter. She placed the ring by the sink as she rinsed the cut under the faucet. “Got to fire the maid,” she muttered to herself, “why was there glass under there anyway?” She studied herself in the mirror for a moment, the water just running wastefully into the bowl, and sighed. “I suppose you did that, didn’t you?” She laughed humourlessly once again. “Just want to fuck up my life from beyond the grave, don’t you?”
The water had been running at full force into the basin for a while now and had splashed out onto the tiled floor. She hadn’t noticed. I suppose I better describe the décor of this place now. It was all cream and honey coloured to match the bedroom, and it had this massive bathtub which looked more like a mini swimming pool. And there were these two little bronze, I think, statues of cupid at the clawed feet of the tub, both with their arrows pointed to each other at a slight angle.

“I don’t even know why I’ve been thinking about you so much recently,” Veronica continued to her reflection. “Little bitch,” she cursed suddenly, “trying to steal my damn engagement ring. It wasn’t the best, but then again, you never had much taste, did you Ray?” She sighed once again. “I’m going mad. I’m talking to myself.”

She turned away suddenly and slipped on the wet floor, groping blindly for anything to grab hold of, her hand skimming over her engagement ring sending it to the floor, but she just pitched forward. She didn’t even make a sound as cupid’s arrow pierced her right through her forehead.

Ray was oddly frowning, well actually not that oddly, if he was laughing I think I might have ran away, but he didn’t look pleased about this as I might have thought.

“Fucking hell,” she cursed, pushing herself onto her knees. And then she did a double take as she realised she’d left her semi-exposed body behind. “Okay, I don’t remember taking any narcotics this morning.”

“Hello honey.”

She snapped around and looked like she’d seen a ghost, a really accurate description considering, don’t you think?

“R-Ray?” She stuttered.

“I thought the great Veronica Saltlake wouldn’t succumb to stupidity.”

Veronica scrambled to her feet, her hand finding and clutching onto her engagement ring. “You’re dead.”

“I know, you killed me.” Well, I suppose being blunt is the best way to go about this.

“Did-did you-”

“No,” Ray interrupted, “if I had I would have made it so much more painful.” Okay, scary Ray, not good.

“You-you… you look good.” She didn’t look like the sort of person who got scared easily, she seemed like the sort that could always find a rational reason for everything, however weird, but right then she looked wild around the eyes and was shaking.

“You don’t look half bad yourself.”

“Am- am I dead?” She asked shakily.

“You tell me,” Ray replied.

She went to pinch her skin.

“No point,” I interrupted, and she finally looked at me, disgust plain in the look, “we can pretty much still feel things.”

“Want me to demonstrate?” Ray asked suggestively.

“No… no, I’m okay.” She started backing away from us. “Who is she?” She asked, rudely pointing at me.

“Do you think I’d spend eternity alone?” Wait! Hold up there! Was he insinuating that he and I were… together?

She scowled at that, and for some reason she looked prettier when she scowled, that was a very odd trait. “So I’m dead.” She’d actually taken it the best so far from what I’d seen, I liked her, well I mean… she was rational, I still thought she was a right bitch for killing Ray, oh don’t give me that look! “And I’m going to be spending eternity with you two, then.” She motioned to us, her scowl deepening into disgust.

“Actually, you’re not, Ronnie, honey.” Ray started in a terrifying mock sweet voice as he advanced on Veronica.

“What-what-” She didn’t manage to get her sentence out before Ray grabbed her arms and pulled her close.

“You’ll be going somewhere far more accommodating for people like you.”

“Ray,” her voice lost a notch of its superior in control tone, “you’re hurting me.”

“Do you think it doesn’t hurt to be poisoned to death?” He was practically spitting venom now. Perhaps here was the time I should step in and defuse the situation, how was going to be the really big problem.

“Ray, don’t.”

“I’ll handle this my way, Gwen.” Ray snapped.

“Why are you doing this to me?” She really didn’t seem so stable anymore. “I’m dead, isn’t that good enough for you?”

“Your slate isn’t clean, Ronnie, there’s a black mark against your name.”

“No,” she moaned.

“Oh yes, at least you won’t have to deal with me where you’re going.”

“Please, Ray, can’t we just talk about this?”

“I have very little to say to you.” He stepped away from her, letting go of her bare arms, leaving red hand prints on her pale skin. So we still mark then. “Enjoy your afterlife, Ronnie.” He didn’t do anything but flames erupted from the floor where Veronica stood.

She didn’t scream at first, she just stared wide-eyed at Ray, as if so shocked he’d do this to her. “Ray!” She pleaded. “Please.” The full force of the flames seemed to engulf her then and she screamed in pain as she dropped to her knees.

“Jesus, Ray, what the fuck do you think you’re doing?” I ran forward, unsure what I was going to do, but Ray grabbed my arm and yanked me back.

“Her soul is marked for Hell, there is very little we can do about it.” He said calmly.

So this is what happens to the evil doers then. I was starting to think I couldn’t do this job if I’d have to see this, though they might deserve it, it is a pretty horrible thing seeing someone being engulfed in flames, though they didn’t seem to affect her. Her skin didn’t blister, her clothes, however minuscule they were, didn’t catch alight. But it still looked like it hurt. And as quickly as it had begun the flames ceased and Veronica Saltlake was no more.

“Can we go?” My voice sounded very small and pathetic.

He didn’t say anything and just took my hand in his own. It was an odd feeling. It felt like from where Ray was holding my hand I was beginning to fade. I turned to stare at him just to realise he too was fading like what Gerard had done before, and within a blink of an eye we were back to standing in the white hall surrounded by the swirling grey mists.

Ray actually gave me an apologetic look before he turned on his heel and walked away, leaving me there alone. For some reason I couldn’t be mad at Ray for what he’d done. I suppose being murdered by someone can leave quite a grudge; I couldn’t really hold it against the poor guy. Though now I was all alone and a little confused as to what I should be doing next.

There was soft music filtering from somewhere. Was Mr. Way up to his old musical tricks once again? Where did the music come from anyway? I mean there were no speakers anywhere. Living in a musical is a lot of damn hard work.

I followed the sound of the music as the drums kicked in, it was an all right tune I suppose, I’d heard better in this musical so far, that ‘sharpest lives are the deadliest to lead’ one was probably the best so far.

Well when you go,” Gerard was suddenly standing at the side of the hall, leaning against one of the white walls in a casual manor. What the fuck did he want now? “Don’t ever think I’ll make you try to stay.

I’m not really seeing the relevance of this song now. Perhaps he just felt a need to sing now, or whoever was the ring leader of this musical fiasco didn’t really have a place to stick this song and just put it here for the sake of it, maybe they just liked Gerard’s voice.
And maybe when you get back I’ll be off to find another way.” He started walking towards me now slowly. “And after all this time that you still owe.” I unintentionally found myself walking towards him for some reason. “You’re still good for nothing I don’t know.” I’m glad he thinks that about whoever the fuck he’s singing about now. Though… with relevance to what just happened… perhaps he’s just the narrator in this?

So take your gloves and get out.” Odd thing to ask to take with you there. “Better get out,” he sounded quite distressed by this fact, “while you can.

Yeah, guessing before I kill you. Ha… no? Jokes not right yet? Yeah, I think not.

When you go would you even turn to say, ‘I don’t love you, like I did yesterday.’
We’d gotten so close now that we were face to face, I wasn’t sure if I was comfortable in this situation, but the way he was singing, I almost felt sorry for him once again. Who was the girl he was singing this one to?

Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading, so sick and tired of all the needless beating. But baby when they knock you down and out it’s where you oughta stay.” He sounded kind of bitter about this. “And after all the blood that you still owe,” I’m still really confused, “another dollar’s just another blow.” Okay, two meanings there, perhaps, the money your stealing from me hits hard or another dollar for a blow job? What is this fucker on?

So fix your eyes and get up,” he was really getting into this singing thing again, “better get up, while you can.” He then proceeded to make some distressing noises which I think were supposed to be ‘woah’s.

When you go would you even turn to say, ‘I don’t love you, like I did yesterday.’ Well, come on, come on.” Another pointless guitar riff. I was getting pretty sick of this now.

He stepped forward, so our bodies were touching, he placed his hand on my cheek and the touch was soft and ever so slightly nice. I met his eyes unsure what to do now.

The song quietened around us.

When you go would you have the guts to say, ‘I don’t love you, like I loved you yesterday.’

The song kicked in again and I jumped in surprise, he smiled ever so slightly at that.
‘I don’t love you, like I loved you yesterday. I don’t love you like I loved you yesterday.’

“Gerard-”

He stopped my words with a look and leant into me, our lips coming together as if it was meant to be. It was a chaste kiss, but still, Gerard fucking Way was kissing me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, that's one of my favourite chapters, not the song, but the stuffs about Veronica, I really do enjoy her character.

Next chapter is probably the best, in most eyes, so comment and you shall receive. I have a quota to his this chapter, and if I don't, no update, so be warned hee hee.