Status: Initiated - Phase 2 - Monthly Updates Expected

No Man's Land

The Incident:

It all started, as I found one of my red ponies with a white marking on the right hind quarter, it happened to look like a happy summers cloud. Is it a convenient coincident?

The next day, as I entered the barn, something hit me as odd, as I saw a free ranging pony, well out of designated herd pasture. She just lay in the barn. As I stopped to look closer, something struck me as off. The blond pony, only she did not quite appear to have a fur, in a regular fashion. By regular standards, I would call her sorrel, though her mane and tail is a light flaxen hue. I still had not picked up on the hints.

Just as I cane up to her, she just look up, looking at me. She was looking into my eyes, in more of a human fashion. Maybe this is when something struck me.

I could but take her into the villa, my home. Looking closer, she looks as if she had been a fillie, maybe about some six months of age? I chose to chop up half a dozen small carrots for her. Placing the chopped up carrots before her, seeing her eyes go alight as she realised what I had given her. I had not been entirely certain, but knowing both humans and ponies could eat carrots, made me feel it should be a safe bet.

Small as she is, it did take her a considerable time to chew all the carrot down, then she carefully licked her lips, looking up at me. She certainly had enjoyed all the carrots, but was feeling quite filled up.

Incidentally, none of the ponies of mine had made a single noise, as if they either had failed to noticed, or had understood something deeper? I had no idea which.

Ofcause I did keep a good supply of carrots in the barn. It's natural pony feed. Just like the apples and oats. Only now, I did not quite feel comfortable keeping her in the barn. She felt as if she belonged in a home, my home. Not just because I felt more comfortable with holding a close eye on her.

The few ponies I had gathered, are not quite in the age to care for her, if I was to have her cared for, in the pony fashion? I did not feel it appropriate. Even if she is a poni, a horse? These was something about her, something made me take her into my home.

I carried her into the living room. I had placed her in the large and comfortable sofa, facing the fire place. It is the more roomy feature in the room, where I had the room for her. I may have a handful of chairs, right and left of the sofa, all facing the table in the centre of the room.

Maybe it is good, I had not lighted the fire, just the three logs of fire wood. It is fairly warm.

I had sat down on the sofa, just inches from her. Idly, I had placed my hand on her back, slowly scratching. She seems not to mind. Maybe it was comforting her, or she dared not object?

After a moment, I could feel her lean in towards me, as if to express her pleasure. I guess I knew something. I had been right, she was enjoying it.