Status: Characters are from an old game series called Ar Tonelico, however it's completely AU, so no previous knowledge is neccessary

Chronicles of a Maid

Chapter 7

The weather was warm and beautiful when Lyner stepped outside, broom in hand. She had been given the simply task of sweeping the leaves and dirt from the large stone steps that lead into the beautifully cared for gardens on the court yard.

Usually, such a task would have been left to the gardeners and ground-keepers, but Lyner didn’t mind. She liked being outside in the fresh air. She would absolutely love to be able to get her hands dirty in the gardens, planting flowers and weeding, but the grounds keeper in charge of the gardens was a rather…adamant kind of man. He liked things done in a certain manner, at a certain time and at a specific manner.

Which would totally clash with Lyner’s screw-the-rules and let’s-have-fun way of thinking. So, in order to keep the peace, she’ll just have to settle with looking at the pretty flowers.

It was a really nice day, so it was an utter shame that poor little Corona was locked in her room with no-nonsense Jacqulin, her tutor. Corona should be outside, playing with the dogs, getting some fresh air. Growing.

Lyner was abruptly pulled from her musings when she heard the sound of heels clacking against the stone pathways of the courtyard. She glanced up to see two blonde-haired ladies, dressed smartly in heel-length dresses, their bosoms perked up by tight corsets.

It was clear that they weren’t just strolling the courtyards to pass the time.

“Can you believe it he turned me down?” Lyner heard the slightly shorter blonde of the two simpered, a childish pout on her lips.

“You,” the other ladies scoffed, brushing a luscious stand of her long blonde-hair over her shoulder. “What about me?”

Lyner pressed her lips together tightly. She thought so. These two young ladies must have been looking for Croix’s hand in marriage. She did feel slightly pleased to note that the two ladies were annoyed and dissatisfied. It meant that their attempts to get Croix to swoon over them and ask them to marry him didn’t pan out.

“What is wrong with that man?”

“There has to be something. Honestly, he won’t take the hint. I mean, what do I have to do? I’m willing to be his devoted wife, as long as he courts and protects me. What more could a man want?”

“I know, I know. What I don’t know is what to do.”

“The only option we really have is a scandal.”

Lyner abruptly stopped her sweeping, her body tensing as she continued to overhear the two ladies speak with one another, the women seemingly oblivious to her presence. Or that they simply didn’t care.

“Yeah, force him into a marriage of convenience,” the shorter blonde-haired woman said, nodding her head in agreement. She then tisked with disproval. “A man of his age and status should not be single.”

The other woman nodded her head, before she narrowed her eyes and sniffed, lifting her nose haughtily into the air. “I’m not going to help you, though.”

“And I, you,” the other retorted sharply. “Every woman for herself.”

“Indeed,” she sniffed again as they then proceeded out of the courtyard, heading toward their awaiting divers. “And for the record; he’s going to be mine.”

“Oh no, he’s going to be mine.”

Lyner’s grip on the broom stick she was holding had become so tight she nearly broke it in half. She was utterly furious! How dare they speak of Croix like that?! He was a gentleman, a true man. He was respectful and intelligent. He was not going to swoon over every single young lady he met. Had they even consider the fact that he didn’t just want a wife in name only? Maybe he sought a companion. Someone he could trust.

And yet they were infuriated that he wasn’t fawning over them. Like some lust-minded puppy.

What was worse was the fact that they were so willing to rely on a scandal to get what they wanted! Had they no morals? No self-respect? If they wanted a rich husband, there were plenty of other suitors out there who were willing to shower them with passionless gifts if they so much bat an eyelash at them.

Maybe they wanted Croix because he wasn’t swooning over them? Maybe he was a challenge to them?

Either way, their entire conversation made Lyner so damn mad! If that was how ladies acted and treated others, then she had no intention of becoming a lady.

Lyner was still silently fuming a few hours later when she was given a new task of delivering Croix some late mail. She checked his office first, of course, but was surprised when he wasn’t there. She was also slightly concerned. He was always in his office.

The next place she tried was the library, a large room filled with bookcases as high as the ceiling. It was also a good place to hide, with little nooks and crannies to slip away in and get lost in a good book.

“Ah, Croix?” Lyner called out, letting the large oak doors slowly shut behind her.

“Over here,” Croix replied, suddenly appearing from behind a book case, a large book in his hands and a pair of reading glasses sitting on the edge of his nose. “I’m doing some research.”

“Oh,” Lyner said, feeling intensely relieved as she made her way over him. “I was a little confused when I couldn’t find you in your office. Not hiding, are you?”

“Not intentionally,” Croix replied with a slight smirk on his lips. “But if I happen to miss a couple of ‘audiences’ while I’m here, it’s not my problem.” He then slammed the book he was holding shut and placed in on the shelf. “What do you need, anyway?”

“Hm? Oh, just delivering your mail,” Lyner said as she lifted the large stack of envelopes for Croix to take. “I couldn’t help noticing that one appears to be an invitation, though.”

Croix seemed to sigh at that, glaring warily at the pile of letters. “…Unfortunately,” he muttered. He took a moment to flick through them, the crease in his brow deepening with each letter. He sighed again as he placed the piles of letters onto a table, looking sorely tempted to dump them all into the garbage bin.

Lyner, herself, was tempted to burn them. She was still feeling uncharacteristically bitter about that conversation she overheard between those two callous ladies. It sounded so…normal. Like something they would discuss over tea.

Removing the glasses from his nose, Croix rubbed at his eyes. He then looked over to Lyner, an eyebrow arching up toward his hairline in curiosity. And maybe even a little bit of concern.

“Is there something else?” he asked her.

Lyner folded her hands in front of her, fidgeting slightly. “I overheard a few of the ladies of high society,” she confessed.

A look of sympathy flickered across Croix’s face. “Aren’t you lucky.”

“They’re not happy with you turning them away,” Lyner continued. “I think they might try something drastic.”

“I wouldn’t put it past them,” Croix surprisingly said, not sounding or looking shocked or stunned by the allegation. Instead he simply nodded his head, expecting as much. “They’re such pains.”

“They make me so mad,” Lyner blurted, unable to hold back her temper anymore. “You’re nothing but a title to them. But you’re not. There’s much more to you. A brother, an employer, a man. Most of all, you’re a living being with thoughts of his own! You should…do things because you want to, not because of someone else’s ideals! It’s just so-!”

Lyner was abruptly cut off when Croix lifted his hand and placed a finger to her lips. “I know,” he said.

The anger Lyner was feeling slowly began to dissipate, tilting her head to the side when Croix removed his hand from her lips to caress the side of her face. His trailed his thumb over her bottom lip, making her sigh at the feeling. She felt slightly better knowing that Croix knew what the ladies of society were capable of doing.

Croix suddenly took a hold of her chin, tilting her head back as he closed the distance between them, kissing her on the lips. And Lyner kissed back, enjoying the feeling of his lips against her immensely before she reluctantly stepped back, flushing fiercely as she did so.

“We’re in the library,” she murmured, looking around rather skittishly.

“It’s alright,” Croix said as he took a step closer to her, standing chest to chest with her. “No one else comes in here.”

She couldn’t argue with that. She didn’t want to. “Ok.”

Lyner was immediately wrapped up in his arms, her arms clamped tightly against her sides as Croix’s body pressed firmly against her. Lyner’s eyes had fallen shut the moment Croix kissed her, her body aching to be fulfilled once more. The knowledge that the door was unlocked, that anyone could just come waltzing in, didn’t mean a thing anymore. She was with Croix and that was all that mattered.

Trembling with need, Lyner pushed back against him, her tongue lapping against his. Her uniform was soon pushed aside by roving hands, lifting her skirt and exposing her breasts. Her own hands moved on their own accord, tugging at Croix’s clothing as well. They were in the way and the feel of them against her skin was starting to get annoying. She wanted to touch him like she did before, feel his naked skin under her palms.

Croix’s hands, they knew exactly where to touch her, trailing down her back, making her shiver. She gasped when a talented hand made its way under her skirt, talented fingers teasing her pussy.

“You seem needy today” Croix said to her, his hot breath ghosting against her ear and against her neck, making her shiver once more.

“Sorry,” Lyner could only whimper, unable to say much else. She was simply too distracted by the way Croix had his fingers inside of her, moving in and out, curling and scissoring her entrance, preparing her for what was to come. Her body was burning with a fever only Croix could subdue. And he knew it.

So, she clung to him, rolling her hips and pushing against Croix fingers. Although the haze of her pleasure was beginning to cloud her mind, Lyner managed to slip a hand between their bodies to palm Croix’s hardening arousal through his pants. She hadn’t been able to pleasure his erection on her own, and wanted him to feel good as well.

“I…”

“Hm,” Croix groaned as he bucked his hips forward, pushing himself into her hand.

Her confidence growing at his response, Lyner managed to undo the belt of his pants and pulled down the zipper, exposing his erection. She then began to fondle him, stroking and massaging the throbbing organ. He was so big and hard against her delicate hand. Soon, he was rutting against her hand at the same pace she was rolling her hips onto his fingers.

It was her. She was literally the only person Croix did these things to. And she was the only one who did these things to him. She was the only one he held so tightly in his arms. The only one who he would pleasure. And allow to be pleasured in return.

Suddenly, Croix removed his fingers from her body and wrapped his arms around Lyner again, his mouth claiming hers in a deep and dominating kiss. Lyner moaned into the kiss and let herself be pushed up against a wall in the secluded corner of the library. She gasped softly when Croix lifted her legs up off the floor, balancing her in his arms and against the solid stone wall. He wrapped her legs around his waist and placed her hands on his shoulder. She was intensely aware of the feeling of Croix’s arousal teasing against her entrance, making her groin tingle.

“Croix,” Lyner whimpered around his tongue. “Please.”

And then, as soon as those words left her lips, she felt Croix enter her with one swift thrust. Lyner gasped into the kiss, arching her back and tightened her torso, pulling Croix inside her. He slowly moved until he was completely inside of her, groaning lowly at the heated tightness. He pushed forward, deeper and deeper until he the full length of his cock was shoved inside of Lyner’s heated and trembling body.

“Lyner…” he groaned into Lyner’s mouth, their tongues still battling it out.

Placing his hands on Lyner’s hips, Croix lifted her up only to bring her back down as he bucked forward sharply, impaling her, now fully sheathed inside her. He groaned deep in his throat at the feeling of her hot body clamping around his twitching arousal. Slowly, he pulled out again only to plunge forward a mere second later, shoving himself as far into Lyner as possible.

“Ah!”

A rhythm was soon created, slow at first than faster and harder, Croix bouncing Lyner up and down rigorously on his shaft. Croix kept his lips on Lyner’s, his tongue shoved into her mouth, swallowing all her whines and moans of pleasure. Lyner was completely unaware of the noises she was making. Somewhere in there she was uttering his name over and over again, but she couldn’t recall anything else.

Lyner grasped at Croix’s back and shoulders, her fingers raking along the taut and tensed muscles. The thrusts were becoming relentless as the passion grew into a desperate pitch.

The overwhelming pleasure was all too much for Lyner, her body twisted and shuddering fiercely as she orgasmed. She literally screamed into Croix’s mouth, her cries thankfully muffled but his relentless tongue. Croix, however, kept moving, kept rutting against her, even as her muscles clenched around the shaft impaling her. His arms had tightened their hold around her, though, and she knew that it wouldn’t be long before he reached his peak as well.

“C-Croix…”

Soon, she felt Croix jerk against her as he slammed her down before his body became ridged for a moment. Then a hot feeling exploded inside of her and Lyner whimpered at the feeling, finally pulling her lips and mouth away from Croix’s in order to gasp and pant.

They remained in this position for a few moments, simply breathing deeply, Lyner shuddering in Croix’s arms. Croix was still inside her and each time Lyner breathed or shivered, she could feel him. It was incredibly hard to gather her wits with Croix now assaulting her neck and chest with his lips, kissing her sloppily.

She just hummed lowly, running her fingers through his hair.

Slowly and reluctantly, Croix pulled out of her and Lyner had to swallow a noise of disappointment. He pulled back and allowed Lyner to place her feet on the floor, though he kept his arms wrapped securely around him as it was obvious that Lyner was a little shaky on her legs.

As Lyner clung to him, Croix holding her tightly and tenderly, like a lover, she couldn’t help but let her mind wander back to those two scheming ladies. And she made a silent vow not to let them get their claws into Croix. She wasn’t sure what she could do to prevent them from trying anything, but if there was something she could do, she would.

He deserved better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hm, another heated chapter for my lovely readers. I hope you liked this chapter as well. Let me know if you did :)