Status: moved here from quizilla.

Bella

thirty-one: acel

My mind was flustered. I didn’t know what to think. I had yet to confront Bella about the baby situation, I was dwelling in a hotel that cost me a hundred dollars a night, and Emory kept calling me. My phone was ringing and it was Emory, of course, but I ignored it. It was the twentieth time that she’d called in the last two days. I sighed and lied back onto the bed, closing my eyes, wishing I’d just succumb to sleep. But I couldn’t.

My cell phone rang again and I hesitated before answering. “What Emory? What do you want?” There was a light squeak on the other end of the line.

“It’s not Emory. It’s Bella.” I groaned, but decided against hanging up. “I wanted to apologize. I didn’t—I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to kill the baby. I was just searching for a substitute.” She was crying now, I could tell. “The alcohol, the cigarettes, and the drugs were all substitutes for you. I didn’t know how to handle myself and I’m so sorry.”

I chewed on my bottom lip, contemplating. “Bella, you basically killed the baby. I’m sure the hospital ran tests. What did they say about the drugs and the alcohol?”

“They gave me a warning. I have something to ask you…” She sighed. “Do you think that you could come over for a bit? I’d like to talk to you about some things.”



Her parents were surprised to see me, but they let me in the house nonetheless. Gunner told me that she should be in her room, doing God knows what. I knocked on her bedroom door and waited silently. Within seconds, the door opened, revealing Bella with her clothes crooked and her hair muddled. Cocking my head to the side, I pushed passed her gently and walking inside of her room. “You look like you’ve been having some fun.”

She closed the door and shook her head. “Not really. I just woke up from a nap.” Playing with her fingers and chewing on her bottom lip nervously, Bella sat next to me on her bed. I wasn’t quite sure how to react when she leaned her head against my shoulder and placed a hand on my chest. “I missed you…”

A little oddly, I scooted over. She got the signal and sat up, placing her hands in her lap. “I’d be lying if I said I didn’t miss you. How’s Jasper treating you?”

“He’s alright. He claims that you still love me and that he can tell by the way you look at me. Is it true?” When I didn’t answer, she repeated herself. “Is it true that you still love me?”

I stood up and turned my back to her. “Would it really matter if I did? You’ve moved on. You’ve found yourself someone that will care for you, right? Why would I try to mess that up? You’re happy and that’s all that matters.”

“You didn’t answer my question,” she said.

Licking my lips with a swift wipe of my tongue, I turned around, throwing my hands up in the air. “For God’s sake, Bella, I still love you! I love you with all of my heart! Okay? Are you happy now?” She frowned and I lowered my voice. “Why did you ask me to come here?”

“I wanted to see you…” she trailed off, looking down and twiddling thumbs. “I noticed you cut your hair off on the sides. It’s kind of like Skrillex, but it’s not just on one side.”

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, a smile making its way on my lips. “Yeah, I did. I think it suits me well. On a serious note, can I go now?”

“Are you mad at me?”

“I don’t have a reason to be.” I walked toward her and bent down, digging my knees into her carpet. I placed my arms around her waist and she looked down at me positioned in between her legs. I wanted to pull her face toward mine and press my lips against hers, but she wasn’t mine anymore. I sat up a bit and pressed my lips against her cheek. “I’ll see you around, I guess.”

I stood up and let myself out of her room, and out of her heart.