Status: Complete | Finished <3

Southern Love

Chasing Tears

''Vic, Vic...'' Tony said making me regain my senses.

​''Yeah,Yeah wha​​​​t?'' I asked.

​''Where you paying any attention to what we were just saying?'' He asked smiling?

​''Well yeah..'' I lied.

​''What was it?'' Tony teased.

​''Okay fine, I was not paying attention, happy now?'' I replied.

​''I saw you staring.'' Mike pointed out. ''Already found some girl? Is she hot? Where is she?''

​''Eum yeah..'' I lied again. It would totally be akward to tell them I was starring at my valet Kellin since well, he's a boy and I'm straight, I guess. ''She is very hot, she looks like Jenna, but taller.''

​Mentionning Jenna's name brought back the pain. I felt like I wanted to cry but I could not do this in front of the guys...I didn't want to ruin their first night here so I decided to leave them for now.

​''Well, guys, I'm tired.'' I half lied. '' I will just go take some rest in my room and I'll cath you tomorrow for breakfast... at 10 sounds good?''

​''It seems perfect to me.'' Jaime replied. ''Well goodnight bro, we'll have fun with the girls for you.''

​''Everybody knows you are too creepy to bring back a girl in your room Jaime.'' Mike said while I was leaving. It made me laugh. Jaime has always been, well, when he wants something, he doesn't give up... and most girls get scared of him and just leave. Poor Jaime.

​As I walked to my room , which I remembered the way, I bursted out into tears. Yeah, boys can cry. I ran as fast as I could to reach my door. I looked out for the key in my pocket, but it was gone.

​''Eum, you dropped this while running...'' Kellin said as he walked to me. ''You're crying, are you okay?''

​''Yes, I'm the most happy guy in the entire world. What do you think? Of course I'm not okay.'' I replied harshly.

​''Sorry, that was a dumb question...'' He whispered.

​''Don't...'' I replied. ''I didn't have to talk to you this way. I just get angry easily when I'm not feeling good. Well thanks for the key Kellin, you're always there when we need you aren't you?''

​''Just doing my work.'' He replied. ''And I was on my way to my room, it is the one right there, next to yours. Knock if you need anything, I don't like seeing customers crying.''

​''What a coincidence.'' I replied. ''I'm a big boy, I can take care of myself for now, but thanks it is sweet of you. Goodnight.''

​''Sweet dreams.'' He said as I entered my room running to my bed. I fell on my bed and started to cry again. My thoughts weren't clear. I could only think of Jenna: her voice, her beauty, how she broke up with me... The truth is; I didn't want to be left by myself... but I just couldn't ruin my friends night nor Kellin's one since well, we just met a couple of hours ago and he doesn't deserve to hear a drama boy cry on his ex. ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​I just laid on my bed as tears keep coming out of my eyes. I closed to last ones and tried to fall asleep.It was still early: 9:15pm, but they all sleeping is the best cure to pain. I guess I fell asleep because when I woke up from a terrible nightmare, the clock was showing 2am. I was shacking and crying. I can't quite remember the dream, but it was not happy. The decision I took might sound stupid, but it was the only thing that came to my mind at that moment. I composed a number on the phone next to my bed and waited for the person to answer hoping she wasn't asleep.

​''Hello?'' A tired voice answered.

​''He-Hello Ke-Kellin.'' I replied crying. ''You said th-that I could count on you if I-I needed anything...?''

​''Yeah, I did.'' He replied in a calm and reassuring tone.

​''Can you ju-just come to my room?'' I asked. ''I need to talk to-to someone and I don't want to bother my-my friends.''

​''Thanks for considering me as a filler.'' He replied laughing. ''But yeah, I'm on my way, don't bother getting out of my bed, I own the key to every single room of this resort. See you in a minute.''

​I was quite happy that Kellin accepted to come, but as the same time, I was stressed. What was I supposed to tell him? The whole story or just ask him to distract me? ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​As the door opened 2 minutes later, I decided to just tell him the whole story hoping I wouldn't cry like a baby in front of him. I was calm at that moment.

​''Vic, you there?'' Kellin whispered.

​''Yeah, come over.'' I replied.

​''Thanks God, I just entered the wrong room, it was kind of embarassing.'' Kellin said making me giggle.

​''Wow, that's your best shot.'' I teased.

​''Don't blame me, it's 2am. I'm tired. What wouldn't I do for my customers...'' Kellin said. ''So what's the matter Vic, you were crying when I left you around 9 and you were still crying when you called...''

​''It's a long story...'' I answered. What a stupid answer, stupid stress. I don't understand why I felt stressed in front of him. He is just a simple teenage guy working in a resort.

​''I got all my time, well not all my time, I got to be in the kitchens at 5.'' He said.

​''Okay, well here it goes..'' I started. ''I dated this girl for more two years. Her name is Jenna. She meant everything to me, she was my source of strenght. We were planning on moving together before going to University...'' I couldn't finish my story because I started crying.

​''Shhh, don't cry.'' Kellin reassured me as he caressed my back. ''You don't have to tell the whole thing if you don't want to. I can just stay here with you and distract you with my non-funny jokes.''

​''I'll finish it...'' I replied as I wiped the tears on my cheeks and near my eyes. ''So yeah, we had plans for the future, but then, ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​she received an amazing offer from Cambridge in England and she couldn't refuse it... so yeah. I proposed that we tried for a long distance relationship but she refused...and she broke up with me. By the time I'm back in San Diego, she'll already be go-gone.'' As I finished my last sentence, I was crying again.

​''It is going to be okay Vic.'' Kellin whispered as he took me in his arms. I hugged back and put my arms in his neck. He patted my back and it helped me feel better. We stayed like that for almost 15 minutes without talking and I didn't feel it was akward even though he is kind of a stanger to me.

​''Well, it's almost 3 am and I'm working in 2hours, so I'm going to go now.'' He murmured. ''I will see you around Vic, take care.''

​He hugged me again and left. I laid back on my bed and soon fell asleep, feeling better.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
♠ ♠ ♠
leave comments :) what are your opinions on this chapter?