Status: I will try to update as much as possible!

Finding My Way Home

A Step in the Right Direction

Its been five months since that night in the hotel room. It hurt more than losing her did, knowing she had an idea something was going to happen to her. As hard as it is I'm taking her advice and trying to move on. Angela and I are on better terms, and we both seem happier. Hanging out with friends isn't as dreadful. I'm not constantly comparing the places we go to memories of Cassie and me. I could never forget her, but everyday life is getting easier. I hadn't expected the letter to really get through to me. Knowing Cassie wanted me to move on gave me the motivation I needed to get over things. Tonight Angie and I are planning to go over to Flower's house for a small party.

"Hey babe, what time do you want to go?" Angela asks me from the bathroom. For once her dressing up for an outing doesn't completely revolt me.

"Um... How does seven work?" I ask.

"Sounds perfect!" she says peeking from the room smiling brightly. I can hear her phone ring, and she curses trying to hold the curling iron in place. "Hey mom," she answers. A silence falls, probably listening to her mother talk no doubt. The curling iron hits the floor and a "what the hell mom?" is uttered. I jump off the bed and cautiously open the bathroom door. She picks up the iron and faces me. I open my moth to ask what's wrong but she holds up her hand instantly silencing me. I wait patiently, watching as her face contorts in shock then horror. "How long have you known him for?" she asks enraged. The conversation is not going well. She looks like one of the cartoons where the figure's face turns red, and smoke comes billowing out from their ears. I can only imagine what's going on. Her mother has a reputation for sleeping around with rich men, often ending in shotgun marriages. "Yea, whatever mom. You can bring him down here to start planning the wedding." she says with evident strain. "Yea, I love you too mommy, bye." she hangs up the phone and slams it down on the counter. A sharp shrill rips from her body, shocking me at first.

"What happened?" I ask her, almost fearing the answer.

"My mom is marrying some hotshot lawyer from New York she's known for two weeks!" she almost screams.

"Love happens fast?" I ask cautiously.

"You know damn well Sidney that love doesn't happen quickly. She promised the last marriage was it!" she replies almost in tears. I wrap my arms around her in a hug and kiss the top of her head.

"I know, I'm sorry. Its all going to be okay Ang." I reply soothingly. I really don't like seeing her upset.

"Thanks Sid, I really needed that." She smiles unraveling herself from me, kissing me softly before turning back to the curling iron.

"Get a move on woman, we don't have all day." I joke around. She laughs re-tangling her hair in the burning contraption. Women. I walk out of the bathroom and into the closet. A pair of dark wash jeans and a black t-shirt complete my look for tonight. My usual, I get laughed at for never changing, but that has never stopped me in the past. I walk over to the bed and flop down waiting for Angela to finish up in the bathroom.

"Sid, I'm glad you made it!" Vero calls opening the door letting me in. She grabs Angie by the arm and runs off somewhere in the house. I see Kris walking towards the living room, and decide to follow him. Upon entering the room I notice pretty much every Penguin is in the small living room watching Duper and Marc playing on the Ping-Pong table. I'm greeted with a round of 'heys' and other greetings. I take a seat between Neal and Martin watching as the two Frenchmen curse each other out.

"Angela here?" Neal asks coyly.

"Yes, why wouldn't she be here?" I ask him suspiciously.

"One of her friends was hot and I was hoping she would set me up." he says with absolutely no shame.

"Good luck, she's protective. A glass of wine or chocolate could help your chances though." I reply laughing. Angie is really protective over her friends and doesn't want them to get screwed over, not saying Nealer would; but she has never really trusted any guy asking for a set up. Bennet learned that the hard way.

"I haven't seen you two together much lately, or you happy. Everything good?" Martin asks still chuckling about Neal.

"Yeah, I've just been a little occupied. Ange and I are good though. What's up with you?" I ask him.

"I just started seeing a girl." he says with a shit eating grin on his face.

"Oh really? Like outside the bedroom?" I ask biting back a laugh.

"We haven't slept together. I've been seeing her for a couple weeks now. I don't know it's just different, like I don't need it." he says sounding like a girl.

"What a girl!" I laugh at him. "You know what I mean. That's good for you though. I'm proud of you, seriously." I sat smiling.

"Thanks man. Its great to have you back." he says getting off the couch. Is this what I am? Back? Have I finally let go?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know these aren't that long! They're important to the story, but a build up to something bug. It feels so great writing again!! The numbers I'm getting are ridiculous!! I seriously love you all!! KEEP COMMENTING AND SUSCRIBING!! It makes my day logging on and seeing what you have to say(: Until the next time... I have a thing for writing at night, can you tell?