Sin City

Crazy Family.

Tilly shot up in her bed, slight panic filling her heart at the sight of the new plain gold band on her finger.
'OK don't panic!,' She commanded her frantic mind, 'it's OK that I don't have any records of my own wedding, typical Tilly situation, I've dealt with worse. I'm a cool blooded New York manager. I'm calm and composed. I will not faint.' A frustrated groan escaped her thin lips as she jumped out of the bed, snatching a baggy T shirt from the overflown suitcase that was carelessly tossed on the floor.
'How I always get into crap like that, it's amazing how troubles follow me around', she paced the small hotel room, sending her hand rapidly through her hair, 'what do I do? What do I do?!'

Gradually she stopped pacing, relaxing her tensed shoulders a little, maybe it wasn't that horrible after all, no one barged in on her yet, claiming her and even if she married someone it's not like her fortune was in danger cause..Well she had none and if they wanna have her loans, she wouldn't mind submitting it to them....No harm was done.
Another cleansing deep breathe and she collapsed back into bed, she can track down the guy and divorce him. No biggie and another wild story to tell the future grandchildren about how Nonna Tilly married some stranger after a night of binge drinking in Vegas. She could picture her old self, sitting in front of the fire place, indulging in the warm glow of the fire and in the kids admiring stares 'wow Nonna, you did that!', 'I did Tilly junior, but I was young and wild back at the day'.
That made her smile, it's OK, it's gonna be OK, she'll try to track down her husband before going back tonight and file the papers on the spot.

She stepped into the shower, washing off last night of her skin and embracing the warm feeling together with the new responsible Tilly. She didn't freak out like she normally would've, getting into more trouble. She assessed the situation, thought it through and is ready to confront the consequence, just like Stephanie would've done...Of course Stephanie wouldn't find herself in this situation from the get go but screw that snobby bitch.
Just as she finished putting on her shoes, there was an impatient knock...Actually it was a series of knocks and she wasn't at all surprised to find Molly on her door step but she was surprised to see the guy from last night standing shyly behind her, not daring to look at her, "Moll..Erm hi there"

"Look who I found," Molly pushed past her in her usual bold manner, "Your freaking husband"

Tilly was relieved she didn't have to go on exhausting quest of finding the owner of the band on her finger but yet she desperately hoped her hopeless romantic of a sister won't butt in, "Yeah. Right. How are you?," she prayed someone will say his name soon.

He smiled shyly, feeling intimidated by the girl in front of him...Actually he felt intimidated by them both. The younger one refused to pass a message and insisted on dragging him here which he rather she didn't since he was miles out of his comfort zone.

Tilly offered him a seat, desperately trying to phrase a nice sentences suggesting they'll find a lawyer and quick. 'How about we sign these paper now', lame.
'So you know a good lawyer?', nah.
'So it's your first divorce?', awkward.

"Um I think we got married yesterday," he raised his left hand awkwardly, breaking the silence.

"No shit, Sherlock," Tilly raised her own finger, "Now what?"

He bit his lip, letting his hand drop to the side. Not wanting to offend the girl but at the same time aching to put the whole experience behind him quickly and without anyone knowing. It wasn't like him to do shit like that.
Get drunk beyond recognition, yes. Marry an utter stranger, no.
He wasn't that impulsive and besides, marriage wasn't for him, his past relationship showed him that much. 6 years down the drain and for what? For a heated meal and once a week sex night? No thank you, his heart was pinched at the thoughts going through his mind, "I think we should break it off before it turns into a lot of paper work"

"Good thinking," Tilly grabbed her jacket off the rack and headed for the door, "Let's go"

"Wait!," Molly ran to block the exit before her sister did, in her opinion, possibly the biggest mistake of her life, "Don't do it"
Tilly rolled her eyes, she just saw it coming. Molly was a romantic freak, 6 years old or 21, it didn't matter. No failed fling or heartbreak got Molly pessimistic or cynical, she believed that Mr. right was somewhere out there, waiting for her and forced that belief down Tilly's throat everytime she got the chance. She got a lot of these since Tilly's love life wasn't exactly a fairy tale. It was more like a nightmare.
"What if you're meant to be?," Molly exclaimed, receiving a doubtful exchange of looks from the newlyweds, "What if you let go the person of your dreams and lose your chance of happiness?," her eager gaze bounced from one skeptical face to the other.

"Molly," Tilly took a deep gulp of air, trying to be as patient with her sister as she could, "Please move out of the way. It was a mistake"

"What if it wasn't," Molly begged her sister with her eyes to see the plain truth, obviously they were meant to be. It wasn't just coincidence they were both in Vegas, at the same time! In the same hotel! It just had to be faith but the stubborn ass of a sister didn't see it.

"Molly, I don't even know him," Tilly was tempted to push Molly out of the way and run for it. A similar thought of that sort went through Gerard's mind too, accompanied by rants about the crazy people he always managed to meet.

"Well get to know each other," Molly pushed them back into the room, sitting Tilly on the bed and pushing Gerard on the near armchair. Tilly didn't look pleased and neither was Gerard but he didn't dare saying anything. You might never know what these little hands will do his throat in an act of female rage.
"You both like to eat, right? Go out for dinner! Just give it a try! Don't just walk away without even trying! It's obviously fate!"

Tilly stared at her sister with glazed expression on her face, Molly always tired her with her enthusiasm and she knew she would just keep insisting until either Tilly gave in to her or judging by her husbands face expression, get strangled by the belt he has nervously been fiddling with, "Fine. We'll go but you're not to follow us"

Molly jumped up in the air with her usual air of creepy enthusiasm and a childish grin spread on her face, being annoying had it's perks, "But you gotta promise to try"

"We will do our best, no marriage is easy," Tilly smiled with difficulty, turning to her husband, "You like Italian?"

He nodded with confusion, crazy thoughts about rape and him being forced into a van flashed in his head. 'That's what you get when you go on a crazed ass binge drinking and marry into a lunatic family', he thought about calling his own brother or maybe one of his friends but instantly decided against it, they would just get upset with him for drinking. He'll just run away as soon as he can and let his manager handle the nutty wife and her nuttier sister.

Molly beamed, "You're communicating already," she was blissfully unaware of the bad things they both wanted to do to her.

"Let's go then," Tilly motioned at the door and stepped out, I'll be back by 4," or as soon as we'll find a lawyer.

"Take your time," Molly waved her hand, walking them out, time meant nothing when love is involved.