Rescue Me

They're coming.

"That was so scary," I say to him after the others leave. I explain in detail what went on in my dream.

"What did he mean by 'help me, Ally'? What does that mean?" he asks.

"I can't talk about that," I say hastily, "I can't tell anyone about it."

He nods in understanding and hugs me. "It'll be okay, just wait until you're ready to talk about it," he comforts.

I sigh softly and try grounding myself by stomping my feet and describing everything in my surroundings in my head. Everything is either white or gray, minus the green tile in the dining area, the brown doors, the blue calming rooms, and the colorful stripes and shapes painted on the wall. It's slightly chilly in here, probably because it's getting dark outside and the thermostat sucks.

"Alice?" Zachary asks, his expression like I'm staring into space, which I probably am.

"What?" I ask, "I'm trying to come back to earth."

He nods in understanding. "That's a good idea, Alice," he commends.

"Thank you. I've been trying to do this whenever I feel myself starting to fade away," I explain.

"Fade away? Do you have DID?" he asks.

I nod, ashamed. "Well, sorta. I only have two alters and I only switch once in a great while. I haven't switched in about a month," I clarify.

He opens his mouth to say something but is cut off by a scream from Amy. I'm not surprised, but I look over and see she's pointing at the wall.

"They're coming! They're coming!" she screams. This is typical, so I don't get too worried for once.

"Alice, you're doing a great job at staying calm," Zachary says, gently touching my shoulder.

"Thank you," I say, "I've been working really hard on it."

We watch one of the staff members walk over to her and start attempting to calm her. I roll my eyes and walk back to my room, my arms folded across my chest. I call over my shoulder to Zachary, "I'll see you later."

When I get to my room, I close my door and flop on my bed. I stare at the drop ceiling and the single square light. I close my eyes and start to drift off to sleep.

As I'm about to sleep though, I hear a knock on the door. I open it up to see Mickey. Ugh, him again.

I close the door and walk back in and sit at my desk. I start to draw in my journal. I draw a picture of Mickey being pushed off a bridge by me.

I'm so engrossed. In the drawing I don't even hear my door open until I hear Barbara's voice say, "Alice, why are you drawing that?"

Oh, crap.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two things:

Firstly, I am so sorry for taking so long to update. I've had writer's block.

Secondly: I'd like to thank everyone who reads my story/stories. It means so much and keeps me inspired.