Status: Read this if not my Gir will explode

A Brother's Wish

Chapter 2

We traveled for what seemed for like years and we reached to another the border that was near the desert. When we got there, we saw two guards dead and the checkpoint destroyed.
"We need to get to the base before anything else," Karin said as she took out a compass.
"The base is that way," I said, "We need to get there before anything else happens."
"Well how are we going to get there without killed?" she asked as we rode off into the distance. I thought about how we could go we saw a small tunnel and I remembered when me and older brother would always go through the tunnels and end up to the base to look at the soldier train. I would laugh at them struggling while my brother was always interested in their training.
"The tunnels," I told her as we drove to into the entrance to the cave.
"The tunnels," she said in a confused tone, "Lucas you know it's dangerous to go through the tunnels, they're unstable."
"We have no choice," I told her, "We need to get to Izzy and Conner before those guys come and get them."
"Fine, but you better get us there in one piece," she said.
"I will," I said as we drove deeper into the tunnel. In case you were wondering how I know how to drive a quad, my brother and I would usually go to this tunnel in our own quead bikes. He had found them abandoned and had one of his friend's brother fix it up so that way me and him would drive both of them.
"It's pretty dark," Karin spoke softly, causing me to look at her even though all I could see was the light from the entrance shrinking in the distance and a silhouette of her.
"How long is this cave?" she asked as she got out a flashlight.
"I don't really know but it goes pretty far," I told her as we continued our way through, bobbing and weaving from the rock formations and holes on the ground.
"Do you know where you're going?" Karin asked.
"Yeah I do," I answered her, "I know this cave like the back of my hand."
"Okay," she said as we made our way through the cave system. We were silent most of the way there until, "Lucas, I have a question, but I don't know if you will get offended."
I just looked at her as I slowed the vehicle to a halt as the moon shined through the cracks of the ceiling.
"What is the question?" I asked as I turned around.
"I have been wondering about this for a while, and I don't want you to get offended about this, but it has been bothering me for the longest time," she said, "Let me just get to the point, are you really related to Conner?"
I just sat there looking up to the moon. I thought her mom told her about that, but I guess that she was told about me at all.
"You really want to know the truth?" I asked her.
"Yes I really do, Lucas," she answered looking at me with her sparkling eyes. I just sighed and sucked it up not wanting to let a single tear come out.
"No, I'm not," I told her, "My actual family died in the hands of a murderer. He actually found me later, I was only two at the time and I had only a few bits of food left and I was half-starved."
"So he actually saved you from dying," she said.
"Yeah, I started to call him my brother, but he acted like a father," I said.
"So that's why you're going to the base, to protect him," she stated.
"Not really," I said, "I don't want him to die on me, Izzy as well."
"But Izzy isn't nice to you," she blurted.
"I know," I said, "but that's because he doesn't know how to actually express himself."
"Oh," she said looking down at her hands.
"Anyways we need to get going," I said as we both got back on the quad, "we still have a lot of ground to cover."
We finally headed out and drove for what seemed to be like years, until we found the exit.
"We're here," I said as I revved the engine and we got a burst of speed. We saw the base in all it's glory, still untouched.
"We have to sneak in there without getting noticed," I said.
"How?" she asked.
"I know a way," I said as we got off, "but we have to go on foot."
"Okay I'll follow," she said. We climbed down the cliff as I saw something shining.
"I forgot we had these," I said as I grabbed a sword that was made of pure steel.
"You had a sword?" she asked.
"Conner told me to hide it here in case something bad happened," I told her.
"Wow," she said as we headed to the base. Lucky for us it was dark out so we headed to the front of base and snuck in without being detected. I would have never thought they would have people this careless watching the front, but hey we got in.
We saw that the place was spotless and clean, there were some pictures of two soldiers that everyone knew; Master Chief and Samus Aran.
"Wow," she said.
"Freeze!" we heard a voice from behind.
"Well that was fast," I said as we raised our hands to the air, at least Karin did anyways.
"Put your hands in the air, kid!" the soldier yelled.
"We are hear to warn you guys," I told him.
"About what?" he asked lowering his gun.
"There's an invasion coming this way and a big ass one at that," I told him, "I need to see the ones in charge otherwise we may be too late.""How do I know you're not lying?" he asked suspiciously.
"Look I didn't want to do this, but I have a brother that just came here and become a soldier here, as well as his friend," I told him.
"Alright, but don't do anything stupid, okay," he said guiding us through the hallways and up some flight of stairs.
We finally arrived to an area that seemed to be for training and I saw Conner and Izzy doing some assassination on some battle droids.
"Conner," I said as I pulled up my hoodie and hid his jacket in my backpack.
"Why are two kids doing here at the base?" I heard a gruff male voice yell at the soldier who brought us here.
"They wanted to see the Admiral, sir," he responded non-flinching.
"Why do they want to see me?" I heard another voice. I turned around and saw the Admiral.
"And who are you two?" he asked.
"I'm..." I said pondering on what to think, "Ichiro."
"I'm, Tsubaki," Karin lied.
"Well Ichiro, Tsubaki what was it that you needed to tell me?" he asked.
"Our town was destoyed by the Covenent and we believe that they are on a path here to this base," I told him.
"Did anyone in you town escaped?" he asked looking concerned.
"Besides the one that moved months before the attack, no we were the only two that survived," I told him.
"I see," he said solemnly.
"And like I said before," I said, "they are on their way here to the base and destroy it and kill anyone who gets in their way.""Alright then," he said as he walked off. We saw that he approached a man covered in a dark green armor. I knew that it was the Master Chief, John-117, a well-known Spartan. I then saw another one come in but this one had orange armor and the helmet was off the soldier's head, revealing her beautiful face, Samus Aran was raised by an alien race called the Chozo. She was the most well known bounty hunter for the Galactic Federation and is a great strategist using what ever she had on her and saving the galaxy on multiple occasions.
"So they're on there way here, huh?" I heard her ask, eyeing both me and Karin.
"Apparently so Samus," the Admiral answered her question.
"Why should we believe them, Admiral Hood?" Master Chief asked.
"Because they are the only two that had witnessed and survived the onslaught," he answered, "now we need to go back to the new recruit evaluations to see who can go with you both."
"Alright," both agreed.
"Would you two like to watch?" Hood asked.
"Thank you," I responded as we walked up to them. My stomach felt queasy as if I had insects crawling in it.
'Am I nervous?' I thought, 'I'm never this nervous before.' I took my seat next to Master Chief and saw the rest of the my brother's performance. I forgot how well he could handle his strength and speed so well and use his surroundings to his advantage.
"Would you two like to give this trial a go?" the Chief asked us.
"Uhm..." I hesitated, but Karin opened up her mouth and said,
"Sure."
I just looked at her and covered my face, thinking, "We're fucked."
Master Chief led us in there and we saw Conner and Izzy wiping the sweat off their faces with their arms. They stared at us, with a puzzled look on their faces.
"They're getting suspicious," I told Karin, barely above a whisper.
"This is bad," she whispered.
We just stood at a steel door with Master Chief and saw that the door started to slide open. I just loved how the doors open, in fact we never had any sliding doors anywhere, besides the ones at the supermarkets.
"Whenever you two are ready, take your places," Admiral Hood said as we looked at each other and ran at opposite sides of the room. We gave thumbs ups to signal that we were ready to begin. We heard some beeps, signaling the countdown, and as soon we heard the final one I just sped out to a wall and scaled it with ease. I saw Karin drew her gun in a distance and hid behind the wall. I drew my sword and jumped off the wall, slamming the droid to the ground with a heavy stomp. I slashed with precision and no mistake as I saw Karin taking out the ones that were in a distance. I signaled her to advance. She nodded as she reloaded her gun. Karin ran past the droids without being noticed while I was distracting them.
"Now!" I yelled as Karin came in and shot one round, which ricochet from one to another until it destroyed them all.
"Great work you two," I heard Admiral Hood say.
"Thank you, sir," I told him.
"Who are you two?" I heard Conner's come from behind me.
"I'm Ichiro, and this is my friend, Tsubaki," I lied.
"You're actual names," Izzy said looking at us with anger in his eyes.
"That is our real names," Karin said looking at him all innocently.
"You're lying so bad and you are pissing me off," Izzy said wanting to raise his voice.
"Isaiah, calm down," Samus said approaching him cautiously.
"I know they're lying!" he yelled.
"Izzy," Conner said sternly.
"If you really are who you say you are," he started, "Then tell me how you got that sword and how you got here to the base?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I updated now ready, I shall update as soon as I can