Status: Give me some time, this is going to be a hard one

Fifty-Two

Three

Louis and I found his car twenty minutes later. There was a slight chill in the air and I was really glad that I was wearing a sweater. Louis started the car. An unfamiliar song was playing and Louis fumbled with the radio trying to stop it. “Sorry.”

He started the car, “Okay, so, can we skip this number. I’m not really up for coffee.” He looked at me and nodded.

“Where should we go then?” He asked, shifting the car into gear.

“Anywhere.” I buckled up and sat back as he started driving. I watched as the bike came into view and smiled to myself. I started feeling a bit sick as we neared a gas station. “Can you stop for a second?” Louis pulled over, he started unbuckling his seatbelt, but I shook my head. “I just need a second.” I rushed from the car.

When I entered the store, the clerk was giving me a strange look. I asked for the bathroom and to my luck, he didn’t argue. He pointed to the back and I ran. Just as I shut the door, I felt everything inside me jerk and I was kneeling over the toilet as my dinner made an encore. I was shaking violently when I heard a knock. I didn’t say anything as I turned back to vomit again.

The knocking continued and I finally stood to answer. Louis was standing there, worried. “Lydia?” He asked. I put my finger up and shut the door, vomiting one last time. I flushed the toilet and brushed my teeth quickly with the toothbrush I carried, and then opened the door again. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.”

He scratched his head and followed behind me as I shoved a pack of gum and a water on the register. “Listen, if you have an eating probl—“

“I’m not that kind of sick, Louis. Please, let’s not talk about it.”

He handed the guy five dollars and collected my things for me. “Are you pregnant?” I laughed. “Then what? I am responsible for you right now.”

“Don’t put that on your hands.” I grabbed the things from him and pulled out my phone. “I think I’m going to call my friend to pick me up. Let’s forget this all happened.”

Louis shook his head. “No. I really like you, Lydia.”

“You don’t know me!”

“Then tell me.”

“I have cancer, Louis. Okay? Is that what you wanted to know? I have cancer and I could wither away and die at any point. There is no chance of winning this battle. I’m too far gone and I wish that it could be different, I really do. But it isn’t.” I took a small sip of the water and popped a piece of gum in my mouth. “Just go, okay? I had fun, thanks for everything. Be like all the other guys and just go. Save yourself now.”

Louis turned and headed for the car. I felt my heart break as he slid in and started it up. A part of me had wished he would have fought back, but I knew that once the cancer was brought up, he’d be running away. I’d been on a few dates and not once did the guy stay the moment I said the fucking C word.

He didn’t move the car for a little while, but when he did, he stopped next to me and opened the door. “Get in.” I just stood there. “Lydia, get in. I’m not done with this date and I’m not letting you walk away from me yet.” Inside, I was thanking God for this chance. I wasn’t sure if this meant Louis would want to be with me at some point, like as my boyfriend or he just wanted to be friends. But either way, I was glad he didn’t run away.

I sat in the car and quietly used my tongue to play with the gum I was chewing. Louis didn’t speak; he was mouthing the lyrics to whatever song was on the radio. I wasn’t sure where he was taking me, but he didn’t hesitate on any of the turns, so he knew.

We pulled up to a house not long later. Louis opened my door and held out his hand. As I followed him, I looked at the house. All the lights were off except the outside one. It was a nice house, medium sized, light blue.

Louis stuck a key in the door, never letting go of my hand and unlocked it. He pulled out the key and opened the door. I didn’t know what to say to him really. He was taking me home on the first date, why? I wasn’t going to sleep with him and I assumed he knew that. Then again, the first time we met, I just up and kissed him. I did say hi first….

“Welcome.” He said, flicking on a light in the living room. The room was large; it took up half the house. There were two couches, two TV’s and a few game systems. Besides that, there were a couple guitars, a piano and an old beat up karaoke machine. In the back of the living room was a table with six chairs. “Sit.” He instructed.

I sat at one end of the table and looked around at the pictures on the walls nearby. One was of a fat chef guy and beside that picture was the same chef, but it was a chalkboard. On it was a picture of a badly drawn penis and a tied game of tic-tac-toe. I smiled and took a sip of my water.

Louis came back in a minute later and turned on the radio. “Feeling any better?”

“A little.” I said, my stomach still upset, but not entirely because of my condition. “This place is nice. Is it just you?”

“No. My four mates live with me.” I smiled as he spoke like a cliché. “They are probably out getting dinner.” He looked at his watch. I already knew it was around nine. “They should be back soon.”

I went to speak, but there was a whistling noise coming from the kitchen and Louis was up and gone. “Sugar?”

“For?”

He didn’t reply, he just appeared with two mugs, a spoon with the handle in his mouth and a container under his chin. He set the cups down first, then the sugar. He removed the spoon from his mouth and sat down. “I called my mum from the car and she suggested I give you tea.” I smiled and thought about the offer.

“Fifty-four.” Louis gave me a questioning look. “Try tea.”

“You’ve never had tea?” I shook my head. “Well be prepared to have your world changed. I feel privileged, taking your teaginity.” I laughed and slowly took the cup. “It’s good; I personally prefer it with sugar. But you can try it without first.”

I took a sip of the slightly bitter tea and quickly added a couple spoonfuls of sugar. Soon, my stomach was relaxed and I felt myself feeling way too comfortable with Louis.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back with some more. :)

Okay, so any predictions about this? Any ideas, any items you want to see her check off?

xxBambi