Look for Me in Rainbows

Eh, It Was Okay

USA Men def. RUS Men 3-2
USA Women def. SUI Women 9-0

Maggie stepped off the ice after her game. She was absolutely ecstatic. Annie hugged her when she reached her stall. “Girl!” Annie shouted. “That was crazy!” Maggie high fived her.

“I know!” Maggie smiled. She took off her jersey and pads, then started untying her skates.

“Great game, Mags!” Julie slapped Maggie on the back as she sat down in her stall.

“You too!” Maggie replied. “How’s it feel to have an olympic hat trick under your belt?”

“Pretty sweet.” Julie laughed. Maggie showered and changed into some black leggings and a team USA light sweatshirt. It was ridiculously warm out in Sochi, like even warmer than Chicago. She walked out of the locker room and followed a few halls until she was in the main hall of the arena. She met Jason there.

“I can’t believe what I just watched!” Jason ran towards her. “Nine to zero!”

“It was a pretty fun game.” Maggie laughed. “You mind waiting here for a few minutes until Patrick gets here? I never got to see him after the game against Russia.”

“Not at all.”

“So when do I get to see that medal?” Maggie asked. Jason pulled out his phone and showed her a picture.

“I don’t have it on me right now, but I’ll show you the real thing later.” He laughed. “But you’ll have your own too, I’m sure.” Maggie laughed.

“I hope!” She smiled.

“Mags!” Maggie looked over her shoulder and saw Patrick walking towards her.

“Hi!” She ran over and hugged him. “That game!” She kissed him.

“My game?” He said. “How ‘bout your game?” Maggie laughed.

“Eh, it was okay.” She replied. Patrick rolled his eyes.

“I thought it was pretty good.”

“Oh really?” She kissed him. “Me too.” She smiled and took his hand. “Come meet my friend.” They walked over. “Patrick, this is Jason. He’s a figure skater.” They shook hands.

“Jason Brown? The riverdance kid?” Jason nodded. “Nice.” Patrick said. “I’ve gotta run to practice, but I’ll see you around later.”

“Bye, Patrick.” Maggie squeezed his hand.

“Later.” He turned and went down the hall towards the locker rooms.

“Oh my god!” Jason said. “You love him so much!” Maggie smiled and bit her lip.

“Yeah.” It was true. She hadn’t really thought about it in a while, but she really loved Patrick so much. He made her feel pretty and girly and just really really good. Jason looked at her and frowned.

“Did you even brush your hair after you showered?” He asked. Maggie laughed as he changed the subject.

“No.” She smiled. “Does it look bad?” She pulled the damp mass over and on to her shoulder.

“It looks interesting.” He laughed. Maggie groaned and started running her fingers through her hair.

“I usually just braid it.”

“How do you braid six feet of hair?” He asked. “You should just rock a ponytail like mine. Mine has its own Twitter page.” Maggie rolled her eyes.

“Not helping.” She said. “Lets just go watch a movie in my room. I’m sure we could find a Russian comedy that we could figure out parts of.”

“Yeah.” He said. “And you can brush your hair.”