There's so much pain, you know?

Seen It All

"What happened to your face?"
"Nothing Roger. I'm just a little bit silly... Anyways let's start with our project"

We started making interviews with our teachers and random students. With every word I listened I realize that my life would be better if my mother would decided to give me on adoption.

"So what do you think of a child being psychologically abused by his parents? Don't you think he should be with other family?"
"I think parents love their children, some parents may not look like good persons, but they will always feel a love for their children and would give his life for them..."

As soon as we finished with the interviews we went to the computer room.

"Okay... So... Now we need to ask our parents their opinion and that's all"
"Well... We should start with your parents" I said.
"We can do it tonight"
"Tonight?"
"Yes, my mother invited your mother for dinner. And she said you and your sister were coming too"
"But... I had some plans..."
"What kind of plans?"

I couldn't go to the concert if I had to go to dinner... Unless..

"Do you want to go to a concert with me?"
"Sure!" Roger smiled.

Night arrived soon, I was studying when my mom entered to my bedroom.

"Get dress with something decent. We're going to Diana's house.
"Actually I was going to go out"
"Of course not! I'm telling you that we have plans"
"But..."
"I don't care! Get dressed" she said closing the door.

I changed my clothes with something I thought will be appropriate for my mother and for the concert.
As we arrived to Diana's house I noticed my mother was acting weird, she was talking to me of how handsome, gently and cute Roger could be.

"You have grown so much Callie! Such a pretty lady" Diana said to me.
"Thanks" I mumbled.
"Roger will be here soon. He told me that you both had plans of going out"
"Yes"
"Plans?" My mother asked.
"Yes, she didn't told you?" Diana asked to my mom.
"Yes! Oh! Yes! She told me! I'm so happy for them, they're such good friends" she smiled.

Roger arrived a few seconds later telling that he was going to protect me and drive me home.

"Don't worry for the hour, just bring her safe. I know I can trust in you" My mother said as we walked to Roger's car.

On the way to the concert Roger didn't stop talking, he didn't realize I wasn't even listening to him. On my mind I tried to understand the attitude of my mom, every time that the name of Roger come in the conversation she just treat me different... Roger... He is cute and handsome... But also boring and sometimes annoying.

Image

I would definitely prefer to be with someone like Austin.

"I don like this place... What kind of music do you like?" Roger said looking around.
"A little bit of everything" I said walking between all the people.

Soon I lost Roger, I was decided to enjoy the concert and he wasn't going to ruin my plans.

When the band appeared I found myself getting closer to the stage without trying.
I couldn't apart my eyes from Austin, he looked so different up there.

Suddenly someone pull me up and I found myself getting thrown over the public, I felt panic. I was sure they were going to throw me on the floor and I was going to die because of the shortness of breath and the pain of the people jumping over me.

I started to scream, but I think nobody listened or ever care.

Soon I arrived to what I guess could the front row, a security guy chub me when I was about to cry and guided me to the exit. I was in something like shock, I still scared but I felt save, It was hard to process everything that happened in the last 15 minutes.

Some girl pulled my arm and I found myself walking to another direction, somehow I ended up watching the concert backstage.

Now it was harder to understand why I was there or how I ended up there. I tried to pay attention to the performance, but I still feeling something like adrenaline. I wanted to scream or cry, I don't know.

During the songs that they played I couldn't stop smiling, this could be easily the best time of my life.

Soon the last song was played and after saying the goodbye's the left the stage.

"Do you enjoy it?" Austin asked me after drinking water.
"It was awesome!"
"I'm glad you like it. I thought it would be hard to get you here... I forgot to tell you that you had VIP treatment" He laughed
"Don't worry. It was a great experience"
"Let me introduce to you the rest of the band! He is Tino, on the drums"
"Hello pretty girl!" He smiled.
"Over there... Aaron, next to him is Phil" he said as they waved to me.

"And I'm Alan" Someone said. I turned around to face him. His smile... Is the first time I see it and I'm afraid to forget it.

'No one knows how it is that with one glance a boy can break through into a girl's heart' I t was right... I never trust in that kind of words, for me they were just imagination, lies, mind games.

I felt different, I felt more happy...I didn't care that he was full of sweat and that he looked tired, I just was speechless.

"She's Callie" Austin said saving me.
"Good! I guess we'll see you around" he smiled.
"Of course" I said on a whisper.
"What?" He asked getting closer to me.

I felt chills, his smell got stuck on my mind I was focusing on trying not to forget that smell.

"Sure! You'll see me around!" I manage to say.
"Cool!" He smiled.
"I got to go! It's late" I said to Austin.

"But we're not finished yet!" Tino said.
"Sorry, I came with someone and I need to find him"
"Yourboyfriend?" Alan asked.
"No, I'm single"
"But why?! You're gorgeous!"
"Thanks Alan" I blushed.
"If you need help we can try to find him"
"It's fine, I can do it by myself"
"Sure?" Tino asked.
"Yes, thanks"
"Okay. Thanks for coming" Austin smiled.
"Thanks for inviting me" I said as I was leaving.

It wasn't hard to find Roger, guy sitting in front of the entrance looking for someone desperately.

"Are you okay" he said hugging me.
"Perfectly fine. And you?"
"Great" he said.
"You should take me home"
"That sounds perfect"

On the way home we didn't talked, we were amused in different senses.

In first place I felt excited of watching Austin on the stage, I felt so ashamed of the way I treated him a few days ago...

A smile appeared on my face when I remembered Alan, I don't know why I didn't noticed him on the stage, fuck!

"Thanks" I said as Roger parked in front of my house.
"Sure" he said placing his hand over my knee.
"I'll see you tomorrow for the project" I said leaving the car really quick.

The house was quiet, that means everyone was sleeping already. That's what I should do too.

I entered to my bedroom to face my mother sitting on my bed.

"Hi" I mumbled.
"Hi" she said.
"Do you need anything? I'm really tired, I just want to sleep"
"Yes, I want something" she said walking to me.
"Please tell me"

"Well, you know that I had problems at work and well with the money... And with the money that the father of Crystal send I can't continue taking care of you... Well, what I'm trying to say is that... Well, you're about to finish school and if you want to continue having a great life first of all you'll need to get involved in a relationship with Roger, he has lots of money you can go to the university and convince him to live in an apartment together... I don't know..."

She might be joking! She can't be fucking saying what I'm hearing! She is practically kicking me out of the house!

"Don't look at me like that Calista! I want the best for you! I'm just giving giving yo a great advice!"
"I would prefer to live in the streets that follow your advices"
"Forget it! Do whatever you fucking want ! I think you perfectly get my point... And if you didn't let me tell you that I want you out of my house as soon as posible" She said slamming the door on the way out.

I sat on my bed and started to fall on the pillow really slow, tears started to appear on my face.

The image of the girl cutting herself came to my mind... "I want to feel better"