Status: slowly activeeeee <3

The Best Thing

recording studios & lunch

We were at the studio where the boys had to record for the day. They were working on their next album, according to Liam, which I thought was pretty cool. It sounds quite ace, being in the business they’re in, performing to sold-out stadiums every night and recording album after album and being spotted everywhere they go, which is one thing I didn’t fancy one bit. I was sat on the couch in the lounge chatting with Sophia. Niall and Harry were playing some game on the PS4. Liam and Louis were talking with some producer guy about songs or whatever. As for Zayn, last I saw he was sat beside Niall but he wasn’t there when I look up next time.

I wonder where he went. This place didn’t seem too big so I don’t think he could’ve gone that far. Sophia and I chat the next few minutes about the most random things that come to mind. She is a really sweet girl and I can tell we’re becoming quite close and I like that. The other day was fun, our girl’s day with Ruth. We definitely need to do that again soon.

I sit there for the next few minutes and chat with Sophia. Next time I glance up, I notice Liam walking in the room, a smile on his face as he looked at Sophia. As I look at the two of them, I can’t help but smile as they looked at each other, a look of love and happiness in their eyes. They were too cute. I was a bit jealous, actually, not of them, obviously, but of their relationship and how they are together.

I sit there and chat with Liam and Sophia for the next few minutes before I excuse myself to the loo. As I get up to go to the loo, wherever it was, I stop when Liam speaks up. I turn so I can hear what he has to say, “Roe, have you seen Zayn? They need him to go record his vocals for the track,” he tells me.

I stare at him for a few minutes and don’t say anything. “Uh, no I haven’t seen him ‘round, I don’t mind lookin’ for him, Li,” I tell him with a small smile and nod of my head.

“Alright, thanks Roe, ‘preciate it,” he replies with a smile and pulls Sophia closer to him. I smile as I look at them two; they were too cute. I am soon starting to make my way toward the hallway where I was sure the loo was. I pass by a nearby door with a window and that’s when I notice something. The door led outside, I think, but I wasn’t quite sure where it led to.

I spot a dark head of hair along with smoke. I have an idea of who that might be and I think I’m right. The figure soon turns a bit and that’s when I realise its Zayn. So that’s where he went. I mean, Liam did ask me to find him to tell him that they need him to record his vocals or whatever. I slowly begin to make my way out the door that led outside and quietly shut the door behind me. I didn’t want to make too big of an interruption. I feel someone’s gaze on me as the door clicks shut.

“Oh…hey,” he mumbles and I notice him take a drag of his cigarette. He turns back to the balcony in front of him and stares out at the city.

“Hey, sorry to um, interrupt whatever you’re doing,” I mutter softly and stare at my fingers that I couldn’t help but mess with. I always did things like this when I was nervous, but right now, I had no idea why I was.

“It’s…uh, it’s fine, I guess,” he mutters and blows some smoke out from his slightly parted lips and leans over the railing, arms resting on the balcony railing. He stands up a bit straighter and I notice him cross his arms over his chest as he turns to face me.

“I, um, Liam wanted me to uh, come and let you know they need you in there to record vocals,” I tell him.

“Oh,” he mumbles and takes another drag of his cancer stick before blowing smoke out his mouth again once more. The next few minutes are silent and no one speaks. He puts it out in a nearby ashtray. I let out a small sigh from my lips and take my eyes off his for a moment. He had a look of confusion mixed with sadness on his face, and you could see it in his eyes as well. I wanted to know what that was all about, but I wasn’t about to question him, even if I wanted to as much as I would like to. Sure I’ll find out in time, I guess.

I shake the thoughts from my mind as I look up to find him looking back at me. I can’t help but jump as I turn to see him staring at me. “Sorry,” I hear him mumble before turning once more. The two of us chat a bit before we begin to head back toward the door that led back inside. When I reach the door, I pull it open and motion for him to go first, to be nice.

He mutters a “thank you” and I tell him it’s no big deal. I begin to make my way down the hallway that led back to the lounge where Liam, Sophia and the rest of the guys were most likely.

“Took you long enough, mate,” Liam mutters in a joking tone as we make our way back in the room where they were.

“Was havin’ a smoke, needed some fresh air,” Zayn replies as he looks at Liam and Sophia.

“Ah, well Julian’s waiting for you Zayn, it’s your turn to record, mate,” he tells him and points toward the other room where they record I guess. Zayn nods his head before he begins to go off to the other room. I take a seat on the couch beside Niall, once again.

About an hour later, we are all standing out front of the studio. The boys finished recording for the day, and we were discussing what to do now. It was a little after one o’clock.

“Let’s get food, there’s always time to eat,” Niall replies with a smile as he looks around at each of us. As he says that, I hear my stomach growl. I was hungry and that sounded good, anything did really.

“Yeah, I could go for that right now,” Liam says and nods his head in agreement. I give him a nod and smile in response. Harry along with the other guys speak up and say it sounded good as well. We are all soon on our way to get something to eat. On the drive over, Zayn and I even chat a bit, which was nice, actually. It was becoming surprisingly easier to talk to him and I liked it. I wouldn’t mind doing this again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter!!! It's been a few months since I last updated this -- sorry about that! :/ I know it's kind of short but hey, at least it's something, right? (:

I hope everyone likes it - please let me know what you think? Comment, recommend, subscribe? <3

Image