Status: Contest Entry.

The Promise

Fyre & Ice

It's haunting, this hold you have over me
I grow so weak...


Frost watched him from the other side of the bar. He took slow sips of his drink, flicking his fiery red locks out of his face every now and then, making sure to keep them away from his dark eyes. He wanted to attract the attention of every person. It was the ability that he had over everyone. He could get any person who wanted and sadly, Frost was falling for him, inch by inch.

I see you, and everything around you fades
And I can't speak...


Fyre's eyes were darting towards the male when he wasn't looking. His icy hair and silver eyes to match were just so... so alluring. It was strange for someone like him to fall for someone like Frost, but that's what was seeming to happen right here, right now. Fyre tried to dart his eyes away from Frost's, but instead they caught his and held them for only a few seconds before glancing away. There was a nervous spark in his eyes, something Fyre wasn't expecting.

But you can never know what it is you do to me
(What it is you do to me)


It was strange. Usually Frost wouldn't let himself be so nervous, but Fyre was sure that it had something to do with him. He had always had the ability to call someone to him. He knew how dangerous how it would be if Frost fell for him, but he wasn't about to let that happen. He just couldn't. It would cause the two boys so much pain and misery that they would just... Fyre didn't want to finish that though.

I can't take what you're doing to me
I can't take it
I can't take what you're doing to me
I can't take it


Frost couldn't get himself settled. He drank the white wine that sat in his glass and nervously looked at Fyre once again, noticing the calling in his eyes, the want. Frost nibbled at his lip and looked down at the table, eyes wandering over the scratches on it and thinking about how he should get up and just go on ahead and talk to Fyre. The danger in it though... It would risk getting the both of them killed. They were both very different people. What would everyone think?

No matter what I say or what I do
I know how this will end
So I'm turning away now before we begin


Fyre threw back his drink before standing up and straightening his leather jacket. This was the moment. He was going over to talk to Frost. He didn't care what the patrons of the bar thought. He had the right to speak to whomever he pleased, right? It was the advantage to being a person powerful in society. It had its downfalls, but Fyre didn't want to think about those. This was his time to charm Frost while he still had the chance. If he let this opportunity slip in his fingers, he may never get it again. Neither of the two would want that, but the other didn't know.

And no matter what you say or what you do
I know how this will end
So I'm turning away now


Frost watched the charming red-haired male walk across the room, heading right for his table. His knees shook a little while watching him because he didn't know what was going on. He knew that Fyre had been watching him some of the night, he had caught him looking quite a few times, but that didn't matter. What the Fyre want with him at this moment, at this time, at this place? Frost had nothing to give him and he knew that they had no chance. It was just wrong. Oh, so wrong...

I'm dangerous for you
I'm dangerous for you


"Good evening, Frost," Fyre said casually, looking over at the silver eyed boy as he took a seat across from Frost. Frost bit his lip again, a nervous habit of his, but nodded his head, trying to no look weak in front of Fyre. Frost knotted his hands under the table, a million thoughts running through his mind as he was trying to figure out why the darker male was in his presence. Fyre looked him over quite a few times, flipping his hair out of his face and Frost stared at his eyes, slightly scared. It was weird. He wasn't expecting Frost to be scared of him, but it seemed like that was it.

You touch me
And I can barely make a move
And I can't breathe


"Are you okay?" Fyre asked the scared male. "Fine," Frost muttered, rubbing the back of his neck and taking another sip of his drink. Fyre stared at his silver eyes, trying to make out his thoughts, but it wasn't very clear. "Are you sure? You seem kind of pale," Fyre said, thinking about how Frost always looked pale after saying that. He felt stupid for the thought, but he pushed it off when he reached across the table and placed his hand on Frost's shoulder, causing the younger to tense up slightly at the sudden touch.

You can never know what it is you do to me
(What it is you do to me)


Frost wanted to pull away from Fyre's touch, but instead he placed his hand on top of the older's hand. He stroked it softly and Fyre stared at him for a moment in pure confusion. This was not what either male had been expecting, but they both didn't mind it. Frost was a little bit freaked out because of his sudden action though. Why did he decide to do that? Fyre was just so much better than him. He looked up at Fyre's dark eyes and he saw something that he wasn't expecting. Longing.

I can't take what you're doing to me
I can't take it.
I can't take what you're doing to me
I can't take it.


Fyre pulled away his hand when he snapped back into reality. He had gotten lost in Frost's eyes that he hadn't realized that attention that he was suddenly attracting from the people at the bar. "Hey, um, I'm going to go get a drink? You want one?" He stuttered and Frost shook his head as Fyre started walking over to the bar. A blush lit up his cheeks as he looked at the bartender and ordered another Jack Daniels with Coke. He had no idea what Frost was doing to him, but it was something different. In a sense, it was something that he couldn't stand, but at the same time, he loved it. It was so peculiar that it made Fyre shake and he began to wonder where his feelings actually laid for Frost.

No matter what I say or what I do
I know how this will end
So I'm turning away now before we begin


Frost took another sip of his drink as he waited for Fyre to come back. He twiddled his thumbs and glanced down at the time on his phone, wondering what would happen before the end of the night and if he ever would have the chance to maybe spend a little bit more time with the ginger haired boy. He never expected himself to be thinking about these things, but at the same time, he didn't mind it. It was special, different, and almost everything that Frost had longed for. He knew that Fyre wanted him, he saw it in the older male's eyes. Never had Fyre actually wanted someone. He had just needed someone to play around with and dump later on, but the look in his eyes... It was just so amazing. The want, the need. It was beautiful.

And no matter what you say or what you do
I know how this will end
So I'm turning away now


Minutes passed and when Fyre returned, he slid inside the booth beside Frost, thigh against thigh. Fyre could feel Frost's cold with the touch, but he didn't mind it. Frost's face lit up in a small blush as he choked on the alcohol that he was drinking and Fyre just smiled and let out a small chuckle. "Did I scare you?" He asked and Frost shook his head before sitting his drink back down and knotting his fingers up once again, hoping that Fyre wouldn't notice it. Fyre wrapped an arm around Frost's waist and Frost suddenly felt comfort. This wasn't what either of them were used to. It felt so wrong, but so right. Frost melted in Fyre's touch and he leaned his head on the ginger's shoulder, snuggling his face into his neck and sighing.

I'm dangerous for you

"Have you been wanting me to get this close?" Fyre asked the younger. "Yes, I have for a long time. I-I just was a little bit too scared. I didn't know what people would think... You know how I feel, right?" Frost asked quietly and Fyre nodded his head, taking a swallow of his drink. Fyre could feel Frost's breath on his neck and he shivered slightly. Frost was a lot colder than any other person that he had held, but Frost could say that he was a lot hotter than any other person he had met. They were complete opposites, but it didn't matter. They felt safety in each other's arms in this moment. If anything was to break them apart, then there was no telling then what was going to happen.

I'm dangerous for you

"There's no way that we can make this work out," Frost whispered pulling his head off of Fyre's shoulder. He had been thinking since he had laid it there, about thirty minutes ago. The boys had been sitting in total silence, only speaking the occasional word. "What is this?" Fyre asked, knowing that they two of them technically didn't have anything yet. They both knew that they wanted something though. They needed each other.

I'm dangerous for you

"I-I mean..." Frost said, not even knowing where he was going. "What?" Fyre asked. Frost stared at his eyes for a moment before leaning closer and kissing him on the lips. Fyre kissed back at an instant with an intensity that screamed desire. It was like he had been needing this forever and neither male knew what was suddenly happening between them. Earlier this evening, they had been staring at each other from across the bar and now they're locking lips without second thoughts. Either the alcohol had finally gotten to both of their minds or someone else was pulling the strings, wanting fate to play out a lot faster than usual. Frost pulled away and stared at Fyre's brown eyes saying, "I'm dangerous for you."

I'm dangerous for you

"I've worked so hard to keep us apart because we're so different. If you fall for me tonight, if you allow us to walk out of here something different, then whatever you've worked for is just going to fall apart. Fyre, you... we could risk losing everything for each other," Frost said softly and Fyre just shook his head. "I don't care. I've been wanting you in my life ever since we met each other back in high school. I may have been a popular kid and you a nerd, but I wanted you. I don't care. I promise you, Frost. I need you," Fyre said, voice cracking with his last words and Frost wrapped his arms around Fyre's neck, holding him close for a moment.

I'm dangerous for you

"I'm just as dangerous, Frost," Fyre said softly, kissing Frost's forehead as they pulled apart. They intertwined their fingers for a moment, feeling the temperature differences between one another once again. Fyre flicked his hair away from his eyes and Frost rubbed the back of his neck before drinking some more wine. Silence sat among the boys as they didn't know what to say to each other. Frost was worrying in his mind as Fyre was beginning to think about what could be done if he pulled himself into a relationship with Frost. Once again, opposites.

I'm dangerous for you

"We want each other," Fyre said and Frost nodded. "We'll only tear each other apart," Frost whispered. "We need each other," Fyre whispered. "We're risking it all," Frost muttered. "I know I look at you the way you look at me," Fyre said, glancing over at Frost. "We'll only hurt each other," Frost sighed, looking down at his legs. "It doesn't matter," Fyre said. "Yes, it does. I don't want to get hurt, Fyre," Frost said, looking at the boy, slightly annoyed, but still worrying. He had been through so much with past relationships that he knew if something happened with him and Fyre, he may never recover from it.

I'm dangerous for you

"God, Frost. I don't even know what to say to you. Just please, please, give it shot?" Fyre said, grabbing the boy by his chin and staring at his silver eyes. They were clouded with worry, but the storm quickly passed as he stared at the younger. "For you, but I don't want to get hurt. We're just..." Frost said, but didn't finish his sentence. Fyre smiled knowing that he had won and he kissed Frost gently, savoring the taste of peppermint and wine.

I'm dangerous, I'm dangerous for you

"Will you be mine, Frost?" Fyre asked and Frost stared at him for a moment. "Don't play me like the past ones. Promise me that you won't hurt me. Promise," Frost said holding out his pinky and Fyre intertwined his with Frost's squeezing it tightly before letting it go. "I promise," Fyre said, beginning to think about all the people of the past. The ones he played. The ones that he used, only imagining them as Frost as he had his way with them and left in the morning or whenever he got tired of the antics.

My promise is I will hurt you...
My promise is I will hurt you...


"Then I'll be your's," Frost said, thinking about the last one Fyre played; a pretty blond with sparky green eyes. He left her in an alleyway alone with no way to get home. Frost was the one that had picked her up and took her to where she had needed to be. Frost swallowed the bile that was rising up in his throat and he looked at Frye once again before smiling. If Frost was truly the only one that he had feelings for, then he would have nothing to worry about, right?

My promise is I will hurt you...
My promise is I will hurt you...


"I won't hurt you..." Fyre whispered as he could read Frost's thoughts. Frost leaned his forehead against Fyre's and said, "My promise is I won't hurt you." "My promise is I won't hurt you," Fyre whispered softly and he kissed his lips gently. Frost sunk into the kiss and forgot about the thoughts that were picking away at his mind. Fyre wouldn't hurt him. He had the feeling in his mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
So these are two new characters that I have and let me say, there may just be a little sequel of this (though this is the main contest entry). This was written to the song The Promise by In This Moment feat. Adrian Patrick and I did my best to correspond the singer's parts. Frost's parts went with Maria's (the lead singer of In This Moment) and Fyre's went with Adrian's (the lead singer of Otherwise, guest vocals on the song). Keep on the lookout loves. I'm sure there'll be something else with this...
Comment/Subscribe/Enjoy.

EmptySighsAndWine