Uncharted Territory

as long as

Work was rough that day, but when wasn’t it? If I didn’t need money, I would have quit a long time ago to live my dream as a cat lady that never left her house.

My phone vibrated in my pocket as I grabbed the mail from my mailbox and opened the door to my small apartment that was nothing compared to the beautiful house that Josh owned. I dropped my mail on my coffee table and plopped down onto the sofa with a sigh, kicking my feet up and slipping off my shoes.

The first thing I did was check my phone, which I happily found was announcing a new text message from Josh, who was asking how my work day was. I responded quickly with the usual and asked him how his was. With that taken care of, I set my phone down next to me and began going through my mail.

Bills, bills, bills, a letter from the city, and the usual magazines I got delivered.

It wasn’t until I gave the magazine another long look that my lip turned up, a small gasp leaving my mouth. On the cover was a photo of Josh and I at the beach, mid kiss, with the title “Josh Hutcherson’s New Fling”. I flipped the magazine open immediately, my hands shaking as I did. I was so shocked that I could barely read the article, which was equipped with several photos of Josh and I, including one at the top left that was a photo of him and Natalie.

After a devastating split with longtime girlfriend Natalie Monroe on the day of their wedding, Josh Hutcherson was spotted on a weekend getaway with childhood friend, Erin Prince. Is this a new start for the Hollywood hottie or an attempt at getting over the recent break up? A source close to the pair said “They’ve had strong chemistry for a long time. The split with Natalie gave them both a chance to explore those feelings. What it leads to is up to them.”

No one knows how serious the two are getting, but the constant hand-holding and secret kisses point to a new relationship for the broken-hearted boy.

My mouth gaped open as I read the article over and over, letting the words sink in. It took several read overs before I finally felt the buzz of my phone next to me. It was another text from Josh, but instead of answering it, I simply called him because I was dying to know if he’d read the same article I did.

“I already it,” he said after I explained the article to him. “My mom showed it to me when she got on set.” He paused, clicking his tongue to the roof of his mouth. “Are you upset?”

A small breath left my lips as my head began rolling. Was I mad? I didn’t think so. I didn’t feel mad. Confused, if anything, but not mad. I wasn’t used to seeing myself in magazines.

“I don’t think so,” I said, letting out a small laugh at the end, because the situation was just so unlike anything I’d ever been in before.

Josh let out a sigh of relief before laughing himself. “Well, that’s good. What’d you think of it?”

I thought the ‘Hollywood hottie’ was a bit too much,” I said, smiling as I leaned forward and placed my elbows on my knees. “But other than that, I don’t really have any complaints.”

Josh laughed again, and I could hear his smile lacing every word he spoke. “You’re perfect, you know that?”

I blushed immediately, and I was so thankful that Josh couldn’t see me. I paused for a moment so he wouldn’t hear the change in my breathing before I replied. “Thank you.”

He chuckled and paused himself, his deep breathing audible on the other end of the line. “When can I see you again?” He asked.

“Whenever you’re not busy,” I said, knowing already how difficult it was for him to find free time when he was filming.

“Tomorrow afternoon?” He asked. “My parents want me over for dinner.”

I shook my head quickly, the thought of that sending my heart racing. “Oh, I don’t think I could –”

“Oh, come on, Erin,” Josh said, chuckling a bit as he spoke. “You’ve been to my parents’ millions of times.”

“Yeah, but –”

“My mother loves you, Erin. You know that,” Josh breathed out, and I wanted so badly to look at him while he was speaking. “I think she’s been waiting for me to bring you to dinner since I first started dating. She’d love to have you there. I’d love to have you there.”

There was no way I could say no to that, and he must have known, because he didn’t sound at all surprised when I finally agreed.

“Great,” he said, and I could tell he was smiling. “I’ll see you at 7.”

I let out a long breath before hanging up the phone and leaning back against the sofa, my eyes hooked on the ceiling. I stayed like that for several long moments before I looked back down at my lap again, where the magazine was sitting comfortably.

I read the headline one last time and laughed to myself, while I made a mental note to look for any paparazzi the next time we were out. It seemed like they were a little too good at hiding in the bushes, and that was almost a little unnerving.
♠ ♠ ♠
First, let me apologize for this update taking so long! I was on vacation with my boyfriend and we just got back about a week ago, so it took me a while to get this up. Please forgive me!

But how about that tabloid?? And just when things were starting to go well for Josh and Erin. Hopefully it won't create a riff in their relationship!

Thank you so much for reading and I would love to know your thoughts(:

xoxo Katie