Status: Complete

Tempted

Chapter 1

The alarm went off waking up thirty-two year old housewife Katrina Hauser. She rolled over turning it off sitting up and rubbing her eyes. She looked to her right side finding it empty.

She sighed getting up and pulling the curtains. Another sunny day she thought. If only my mood was sunny too.

Making the bed she slipped out her nightgown getting into the tub. She sank down closing her eyes as the warm water soothes her muscles.

He leaves for work again without a kiss or goodbye. She thought sadly.

Her marriage of six years was going down the drain. She didn't know why or how it went wrong.

For about a year now her forty-four year old husband Stewart had become distant. They didn't talk or go out like they used to. He would just leave for work or walk pass her without even a kiss or I love you.

Needless to say that they hadn't been intimate in forever it felt like to Katrina. When they first got married they would have passionate sex so much her body would be sore and bruised.

Nowadays he didn't touch her or playfully fondle or grope her like he used to. It was like he hated her or was disguised by her.

She didn't know way it could be because she had gained a little weight. It's all his fault thought she thought. If he didn't stress me so much and just open up if something's wrong I would've be so worried and anxious all the time.

She got out the tub drying off. Dressing in some shorts and a white tank top. She put her hair in a ponytail.

She walked downstairs making herself some coffee. As she sipped her coffee she reflected again on her marriage.

She thought about when they first met. Her and Stewart had met at a Christmas party that a friend had thrown. She was getting some more hot cocoa when she walked into him accidentally spilling it on him.

She rememberd how embarrassed she was about this. She had apologized tremendously. He laughed it off saying it was okay and they ended up talking for the rest of the night. Eventually exchanging numbers.

They ended up getting married after two in a half years of dating. Everything was so wonderful and they loved each other so much it was crazy.

Now that love appeared to be dying.

Katrina remembered her mom telling her that marrying Stewart would be the biggest mistake of her life. Not only due to the thirteen year old age difference but she thought he wasn't right for her.

It appears that mom was right. Katrina thought sadly emptying the rest of her coffee down the drain.

Sighing she walked back out to clean up and straightened the house up. She didn't have a job due to Stewart.

"A queen like you will not be working on your feet all day." He had told her. "I'll take care of you and treat you like the queen you are."

Why can't things go back to that way? She thought polishing the wood.

After this she gathered up all the trash walking outside to the trash can. As she did this she looked up seeing an unfamiliar car in the house just across from theirs.

She saw that the door to the house was open. The house had been unoccupied for about seven months now. Their old neighbor Mr. Hodder had left after his wife passed away from cancer.

He said the house held too many memories so he put it up for sale.

Mr. and Mrs. Hodder were such nice people. Katrina thought. And they had a happy healthy passionate marriage that she longed to have again.

She looked up seeing a man walking out the house. The guy had spiky looking hair. He wore ripped jeans and a black shirt that fitted him perfectly.

Katrina watched as he walked to the car getting a box and shutting the door with his foot. Not once did he look up in her direction. He walked back to the house going inside and closing the door.

He's new in the neighborhood I better introduce myself. She thought looking both ways before crossing over to the house.

She walked up the pathway to the front door. She rang the doorbell waiting for a response. She heard barking from within through the glass she saw a small white dog with a red bow.

Then the door open revealing the man. Katrina eyed him his hair was spiky like she thought, he had brown eyes, slightly tanned skin, from what she could see tattoos on his hands that lead to his arms.

"Hello." The man said with a friendly smile.

Katrina snapped out her daze. "Hi I'm Katrina Hauser your new neighbor from just across the straight." She said holding out her hand.

"I'm Brian Elwin Haner Jr." He said shaking her hand. "Nice to meet you."

"You too." She said with a smile.

The dog started barking again and jumping up and down. Brian laughed.

"Is that how we greet new neighbors Pinkly?" He asked picking up the dog. "She's a yapper but she's friendly."

Katrina reached out petting Pinkly who licked her hand.

She laughed. "So where are you moving from?"

"Huntington Beach." He said putting Pinkly down.

"Why did you move here?" She asked.

"A friend of mine passed away about a month ago." He said. "Had to get away from it."

"I'm so sorry I shouldn't have asked." Katrina said quickly.

"It's okay." He said with a smile.

She found herself smiling back. He has a contagious smoke she thought.

She found her eyes wondering down his fit body. Her eyes started to go below the belt.

You're married. She told herself shaking her head.

"I'll see you around I guess." She said starting to walk away.

"Yeah see you." Brian said looking at her retreating back and ass.

She entered the house taking a deep breath. She thought about her eyes wondering over Brians body.

You're married. My marriage may be failing but I'm not that low to cheat on my husband.

Little did she know that her husband was currently in the arms of another woman and not at work.

Around six Stewart arrived home coming in and setting his suitcase down.

"Hi honey." Katrina said with a smile.

"Hi." He said quickly going into the kitchen.

She sighed sadly following him.

"We got a new neighbor." She said watching him.

He looked up from the frig. "Oh really?"

She nodded. "His name is Brian and he's from Huntington Beach."

"You talked to him?" He asked grabbing an apple.

"Yeah he was moving in when I took out the trash." She said.

"What does he look like?" He asked.

"He's looks about in his late twenties to early thirties and he looks like someone who would probably be a musician." She said.

"A musician." He repeated. He thought about her words before heading upstairs.

"You should introduce yourself." She yelled up at him.

"I will." He yelled back.

Just without you there. He thought a plan forming in his head.