Status: Complete

Tempted

Chapter 2

Laying in bed Stewart sat up looking at the clock. 5:30 it read. He got up getting dressed in sweatpants and a shirt. He turned to make sure Katrina was still alive. Lucky for him she was a heavy sleeper.

Probably thinking about other men. He thought bitterly.

Putting on some sneakers he walked downstairs. He went out the front door. Looking both ways before crossing the street to the house.

He walked to the front door and rung the bell. He heard barking and saw a small dog.

He rung the bell again. He saw a figure coming to the door. Opening it stood his new neighbor rubbing his eyes and grumbling.

"What the fuck do you want?" He asked mad at being women up.

"Sorry this is such bad timing." Stewart said looking Brian over.

"No shit asshole." He said still mad. "Pinkly calm down daddys still sleepy." He said petting his dog.

"Who the hell are you anyway?" Brian asked petting Pinkly.

"I'm your new neighbor Stewart Hauser." He said holding his hand out. "You met my wife Katrina earlier."

"Brian." He said shaking his hand. "That's all you wanted introductions at 5:30 in the morning?"

"Actually no that's not all."'Stewart said.

Brian looked at him confused.

"I wanted to talk to you man to man." He said. "Without my wife around."

Brian thought about it then opened the door wider.

"I'm sure as hell not going back to sleep now." Brian said as he walked in.

Stewart looked around at the house seeing some pictures and some new things put up.

"You've already started to decorate the house?" Stewart asked.

"Yeah it was so plain looking so I got to work." Brian said. "Also had to repaire some loose boards."

Stewart turned looking at him. "You fix things?"

Brian nodded walking to the kitchen.

"You want a beer?" He asked.

"Sure." Stewart said following him into the kitchen.

Brian went to the frig grabbing two beers and walked to the bar where Stewart was sitting.

"Thanks." He said uncapping it and taking a swallow. "So how you like it here so far?"

"Haven't been here long enough to really decide whether I like it or not." Brian said sipping his beer. "But it's okay I guess."

"Where are you originally from?" Stewart asked.

"Huntington Beach." Brian answered. "You wanted to have a man to man talk about where I'm from and how I'm liking it so far without your wife here?"

Stewart chuckled. "You know I like that you're just straight to the point and no fucking around."

"Well you better get straight to the point before I do fuck around with something." Brian said.

"My wife is actually what I wanted to talk to you about." Stewart said turning serious.

Brian looked confused. "What about?"

"I think she's being unfaithful...

"Look I'm no marriage counselor or Dr. Phil bullshit." Brian interrupted. "I don't wanna hear about your marriage problems."

"Will you let me finish?" Stewart asked.

Brian rolled his eyes then looked back at him.

"You see I want to prove that she's unfaithful." Stewart said. "That's where you come in."

Brian raised an eyebrow. "How do I fit into all of this?"

"I want you to seduce her to see if she gives in to temptation." Stewart said.

"No way in hell." Brian said standing up. "Y'all have your marriage infidelity problems y'all take it up with each other and a therapist."

"You still haven't let me finish." Stewart said getting annoyed. "There's something in it for you."

Brians eyes widen with interest. "Like what?"

"Are you a musician?" He asked.

"A struggling one." Brian answered. "Nobody wants to sign me or they release me soon after signing me."

"I know people who will sign you and I'll throw in a thousand dollars." Stewart said watching his expression. "All you have to do is seduce my wife to see if she gives in."

Brian sat deep in thought. "All this to see if you're wife is unfaithful?"

Stewart nodded. After a while...

"When do I start?" Brian asked.

"Tomorrow." Stewart said. "We have some boards that need to be fixed you can use that as excuse to come over."

"What if she doesn't take the bait?" He asked.

"Brian you look like a very determined persistent person." Stewart said. "And you also look like you've had your share of women." "Just keep doing it till she gives in."

Stewart stood up his hand out. "Do we have a deal?"

Brian looked at his hand thinking before shaking it. "Deal."

Stewart smiled. "Nice doing business with you."

"You too and don't come knocking at my door this fucking early again!" Brian yelled.

"Will do!" Stewart said exiting the house.

Brian sat back down thinking about what he had gotten himself into. Getting signed and a thousand dollars. All he had to do was seduce Katrina.

Sure he was a player but he wasn't one to sleep with married women. But Katrina would be an exception. He did find her attractive. And he did notice her eyes looking him over.

He smirked. It wouldn't be long till he had her screaming his name.

Stewart entered the house going upstairs and getting back in bed.

"Where were you?" Katrina asked sleepily.

"Just taking a morning walk." He said. "Go back to sleep."

She yawned and turned back over.

I was just getting a little surprise ready for you. He thought.