Deck the Halls

Deck the Halls

(Kay's POV)

“Bam wants to have a Christmas party tonight.” Aimee McCluskley, my best friend and emotional sister, told me as we left Starbucks with our seasonal peppermint mocha lattes in our hands. We had a fresh snowfall the night before so as we made our way back to the Hummer Aimee had 'borrowed' from the infamous skateboard and jackass, Bam Margera, our boots made crunching sounds at each step we took.

“Didn't he technically have one already?” I asked, remembering the family Christmas party that Bam's mother, April, had thrown only the day before. The same party I had crashed with a few friends in tow.

“He wants a real Christmas party.” Aimee responded as she hit the unlock button on the car keys. The Hummer beeped signaling that the doors were now open. “Like with whiskey and costumes...”

“Costumes?” I interrupted as I pulled the SUV's heavy passenger door open. “How is that a real party?”

“I didn't ask.” Aimee got into the driver's side and put her coffee in the cup holder. Starting up the vehicle, a blast of warm air erupted from the vents and into our faces. “Shit!”

Turning the fans down, Aimee glanced at me with a smile on her face. Her burgundy hair had been left down and was covered with a HIM beanie I assumed she had dug out of Bam's closet. Her cheeks were still red from the cold we just left, but she looked on the verge of laughter.

I shook my head. “Anyway- what kind of costumes does Bam intend us to wear?”

Moving her eyes to the road, Aimee pulled out of the parking lot of the mall and headed back to the highway that would take us into West Chester. “I have no clue. Do we still have the extra costumes we bought for Hellview?”

I thought about the question for a moment. Once my mind brought up the image of those 'extra' costumes, an enormous grin spread across my face. “Oh my God. We are so wearing them!” Reaching into my bag for my phone, I pulled it out as quickly as possible without spilling my latte.

Aimee glanced at me quickly before returning her eyes to the roads. “What are you doing?”

With an evil glint to my eye, I explained to my best friend what I was plotting. “If we plan on doing this the right way, we need Clubby's help.”

Although my best friend didn't look at me, I could see her blue eyes widen at the mention of our crazy friend. “Do it.”

I laughed before unlocking the phone and going to my favorites. At the sight of Heather Dolbey's nickname, I clicked on it and put the phone to my ear. This was going to be so much more fun than Bam was expecting.

Image

Aimee pulled the Hummer into Bam's driveway an hour later. Clubby was all for our costume ideas and she promised that she and Dico would arrive promptly within the next thirty minutes. The fact that she said 'promptly' terrified me to no end. Clubby tended to do something insane after she started using big words. Once the enormous truck was parked in its usual spot, Aimee jumped from the driver's seat and onto the salted driveway. Since we were already wearing our costumes underneath our winter coats, we took off for the warmth of the Castle before we froze in our thin outfits.

As we hung up our coats and scarves, Bam came down the stairs to greet us. I turned to glance at the owner of the home and almost laughed at the expression on his face. It was a mix between shock and uncertainty. “What are you wearing?”

Aimee, turning to the man she lived with and already practically dated, spun around to show off the costume. The outfit consisted of a navy blue dressed that went to right above her knees with tons of 'armor' covering it. A pair of high blue boots were on her feet and a hammer was in her hand. The red cape that was attached to the outfit floated up into the air as she spun and it made the whole scene that much better. “Do you like it? I'm Thor.”

Bam stared at her as if she were nuts. Considering what the man did for a living, I began to worry for him. “Why are you dressed like Thor?” Then he turned his wide blue eyes to me. “What the fuck are you supposed to be?”

With a frown, I waved towards my outfit. “I'm Loki.” My outfit was insane to say the least. A one piece bodysuit fit tightly against my body. It was black and covered with pieces of fabric made to look like scales. A green and gold fabric skirt was wrapped around my waist and a brown belt was crossed over my stomach. A pair of gold boots came to my knees. The man was just lucky that he hadn't seen the crown I was going to wear later. “Get it?”

“Thor and Loki? How interesting.” Bam muttered, clearly not entertained. “You were supposed to dress up like Santa's elves.”

Aimee and I met each others gazes.

“Oops.” My best friend said with a shrug of her shoulders. “I guess we didn't get the memo.”

Bam sighed and went back up the staircase unhappy with us. If he was mad at me and Ames, wait until he saw Clubby and Dico. I was sure the man would give up on holiday parties completely.

Clubby was on time surprisingly. Thirty minutes after the 'fight' with Bam, the pirate couple entered the Castle dressed like their favorite characters: Batman and his sidekick, Robin. Clubby was Batman, as usual, in her one piece batman jumpsuit with a yellow utility belt around her waist and a black cape hanging over her shoulders. Her blonde hair was curled and fell down her back. Her black bat mask was covering her eyes. Dico was wearing an old school Robin outfit with the red shirt, green shorts and tights. He looked like a fairy to me, but he would do literally anything for his girlfriend.

At the sight of our friend, I put my huge gold crown on my head and faced the Batbitch. Dico froze as he took in my costume. Then he pointed towards where I stood, getting Clubby's attention. Once she saw me, I knew it was on.

“Loki! Dark one!” Clubby grabbed her batarang and prepared to throw it in my general direction. “Prepare to die!”

Aimee left the couch where she'd been sitting and watching the exchange, her Thor hammer in her hand. Clubby glanced between us in confusion and her hand with the batarang lowered slightly.

“Nice manties, Brandon.” Aimee said to Dico pointing at his shorts with her hammer. “Can they be any shorter?”

Dico let out a laugh, but Clubby suddenly realized what was happening. It was Marvel vs DC... all over again.

“Blasphemy!” The Batbitch screamed, finally throwing the damn Batman boomerang. It completely missed me and Aimee and knocked over a lamp on the other side of the room.

Aimee bit her lip to keep from laughing while I just stared at the lamp. That could have been any part of my body...

“What the fuck is go- OH GOD DAMMIT!” Bam's angry voice carried down from the balcony above us. He was walking down the stairs to the floor we were on glancing between the four of us with a lost look on his face. He was now wearing his Santa suit and it looked ridiculous on him. “You guys too?”

Clubby looked at him with a confused expression. “What are you wearing?”

Groaning, Bam gave up and collapsed on the couch. “Why don't you go outside and cause trouble?”

Clubby, with a smirk on her face, turned to me and Ames. “Snowball fight!” She screamed before taking off out the door with Dico on her heels.

Image

The snowball whizzed over my head and hit the tree behind me. The snow-covered branches began to shake and some snow fell from them to the ground. I glanced at it briefly before moving my green-blue gaze to the Batman I was facing off with.

“Was that ice?” I shouted to her hoping to God it wasn't. The last thing we needed was Dico and Heather throwing ice-balls at us.

Trying to put on an innocent expression, Heather called back. “No?”

The sound of a truck on the salted driveway caught my attention. Chad Ginsburg's SUV pulled up beside the Hummer a moment later. Realizing who was here, Clubby ran for the driveway with a few snowballs in her hand.

“Oh shit.” I said to myself as I realized what the Batbitch was planning to do. I knew I wasn't going to be able to stop her, but I ran after her anyway.

Chad exited the car without a care in the world. Clubby stopped her running and wound her arm up, prepared to strike.

“Watch out!” I screamed as the snowball flew from her hand.

Chad ducked at the sound of my voice. The snowball soared over him, over the hood of the SUV and hit the person who had gotten out of the passenger side.

“Fuck!” Brandon Novak shouted. He was covered in snow and didn't look happy about it. His girlfriend, Abbey, stood beside him with a grin on her face.

“Kay said duck, not fuck.” Chad told his friend with a laugh. “You look like crap, dude.”

“Thanks.” Brandon muttered. “Where is Bam?”

“In the house. Moping.” Aimee said as she joined us in the driveway. “Santa didn't get what he wanted so he refuses to play.”

Brandon rolled his eyes before retreating to the front door. As he disappeared into the house with Abbey, I moved my gaze to Chad. He was watching me with a smile on his face.

“What?” I asked, not sure what he was staring at.

“Nice outfit.”

I blushed remembering my Loki costume. Of course, my face was already red from the cold so I was sure he couldn't tell that I was embarrassed. “Thanks.” I turned to Aimee in order to avoid the awkwardness I was creating with our friend. “When are we-”

A pile of snow fell on my head and down my body. Pieces of the cold ice found its way into my clothes sending shivers through my body. With my mouth opened in shock, I looked at Chad. He was grinning at my expression.

"Merry Christmas." Chad said with a mischievous look on his face. He clearly found my pain amusing.

That bastard.

“What was that for?” I asked him in outrage.

“Revenge for the paintball in the chest.” He told me before bending down to grab more snow with his hands. “I'd run if I were you.”

I didn't need to be told twice. Spinning around, I took off into the forest with Chad following behind me. He was going to pay for the snow. I just had to figure out how.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a special one shot for the Winter Wonders contest! Merry Christmas to our ABO fans! Hope it gave everyone a few laughs.