Falling in Love All Over Again

Long Live Us

After that Jack left Alex, left him standing there in disbelief, left him there realising that Jack loved him, but this time it wasn't going to go the way him planned, he realised that he would have to do something to get Jack back, he would have to try, just saying that he still loved him was not going to work. Alex wasn't going to get his way the first time he tried like the though he might, he was actually going to have to try and do this, he was going to have to put a lot of thought into this. Though deep down he knew that Jack would forgive him eventually, he knew that he was going to have to try very hard if he wanted Jack back now, before their separation hurt them even more than it already had. Not everything was going to be rainbows and butterflies, he had to deal with the wind and the rain before everything was clear, but Alex was prepared to do almost anything to get the one that he loved back, he was just going to have to try a lot harder than he thought he was going to have to, but he was willing to do it, willing to do it for Jack.

Alex caught a taxi back to his place, Jack running through his mind the whole time, what he was going to say, and how he was going to say it, he was going to have to plan this out perfectly for it to work, honestly Alex was scared half to death but at the same time he was excited, he was going to get Jack back, Jack was going to be his and they were going to fall in love all over again, there was no way that Alex would let himself fuck this up, he had to do everything in his power to get Jack back, because Jack was the most important person to him, and he was the only one that he wanted.

The next few nights Alex didn't get much sleep, the hours went by in a blur, he spent them all figuring out the perfect way to apologise to Jack, for it to finally work out between them, and after four days with only a few hours of sleep behind him Alex was almost certain that he'd found the perfect way to apologise and win back the heart of Jack. His plan was simple, but not too simple for Jack to think it was thought of in an afternoon, but not complicated that Jack just wanted it to be over with, it was the perfect balance of complicated and simple. It was traditional without it being too traditional, and he was going to get Jack back with it, he knew there was a chance that Jack could say no, there was always that chance, and he pushed the bad thoughts away and focused on just how excited he was for all of this, for Jack to be his once again - hopefully.

*Two days later*

Jack was currently in Zack's car, his arms folded over his chest, his face all screwed up, Zack had told him that they were going out to this bar he'd discovered that was just out of town, it was too late for Jack - it was only 9:30 and even that was late for Jack -and he didn't want to go, he wanted to be at home and sulk, he wanted to be at home and think about how stupid he was to tell Alex no, he wanted to be home and think about how stupid he was for not calling or texting Alex to explain. He didn't want to be forced to go to some stupid bar he'd never heard of, that he didn't care about, he wanted to be home with Alex cuddled into his couch, like nothing bad had happened between the pair, like they never broke up. Though he knew that wouldn't happen, because Alex had probably forgotten about telling Jack that he loved him, and was probably with some super hot guy right now, though even if Alex had had one night stands and girlfriends before, he never seemed into them which honestly given Jack hope that maybe Alex was still in love with him, though he knew it was probably because Alex just hadn't found 'the one' yet and he doubted that he was 'the one' for the beautiful brown haired boy.
"Shit," Zack swore, "We're out of gas, and there's no place to go get gas," he said running his fingers through his hair, Jack raised an eyebrow and looked over at the fuel indicator, they had a full tank, why would Zack say that? Zack wasn't stupid he could read a fuel gage, something had to be going on.
"Zack, there's a full tank, what are you on about, are you drunk already?" Jack asked, looking at him a little worriedly, and Zack but his lip, it was obvious that he'd been caught out.
"You know what? I'm not supposed to be telling you this because it's supposed to be a secret, but I've blown my cover already, someone you love is in those woods there," Zack said motioning towards a small forest that was right in front of them, "And there's notes all around there, so get out of my car, and go find this person," Zack said and gave Jack an encouraging smile, was he talking about Alex? There was no way that he could be talking about Alex, yes he knew Alex loved him but there's no way he would put in this much effort for him, no one would ever put this much effort in for him, he was just Jack. "Jack Bassam Barakat go," Zack said and opened the door for him, Jack nodded and bit his lip and careful stepped out of the car, scared of what was about to happen to him, praying that this was gonna be good.

He nervously pulled his coat over him and started to walk into the woods, god this was stupid, this could all be a prank, he could go in here and get murdered, what if this was the boy's plan to get rid of him for good? Oh God Jack didn't want to be here anymore, he just wanted to go home, but Zack had gone and there was no way that he was going to be able to pull out of this now, he was going to have to suck it up and go see the person who had planned this all for him. Jack pulled out his phone and turned on the torch, that way he could see if someone was going to jump out and murder him, he looked around and saw a folded over note tapped onto a tree, Zack did say that there were notes, he walked over and flipped it open reading it 'your smile brightens up my day' it read, Jack raised an eyebrow, what did this mean? What was the point of this? The only thing he knew now was that this was Alex doing it for him, it was his handwriting that was on the note, his messy handwriting that no one could read, and Jack had spent years trying to work out one letter from the next, but he'd done it. He remembered reading the first song that Alex had ever written, it took him two whole days to try and work out what it said, but once he did he felt as if Alex and him had a new special connection, and he knew Alex felt it too, they may have only been 13 at the time, but there was a connection between the pair already. Jack smiled as he thought back and shook his head, walking around, coming to another note 'you were the reason we started this whole thing' and he walked again, finding yet another note. They just kept coming all with different things written about Jack on them, once he came to the last one he bit his lip to see Alex standing there, a bouquet of red roses in his hand, and small strings of fairy lights lighting up the trees around him, Jack could barely see Alex as the lights were so dim, but even then he could see how nervous Alex looked, how worried he seemed about this whole thing. It was then he realised how in love he was with Alex, and how in love that Alex was with him, and how much he wanted them to be together, he wanted to leap into his arms then and there and just kiss him over and over again, but he held back and flipped open the last note and read it 'everything about you and how strong and perfect you are. Even if you don't see it' Jack read the note, his sour face turning into a massive grin as he looked over at Alex, he started running over to him, he was about to hug him but then he remembered the flowers in Alex's hand which Alex handed to him.
"Read the note," Alex said, Jack took the flowers from him and opened the small note that was attached to the flowers 'these are the reasons why I love you' it read, he looked up at Alex, tears welling in his brown eyes.
"Alex-" Jack said but was cut off by Alex speaking.
"I was going to do the cheesy thing of giving you a bouquet of 12 and telling you I would stop loving you when the last one dies, and have one fake one, but I realised that you're too good for a fake flower, and they're going to die, but that's okay because that's what happens in life, you have this pretty thing and then it dies, and that's what happened to our relationship before we broke up," Alex said looking at Jack nervously, "And though once these roses die they'll stay dead, our relationship isn't going to, it's going to be pretty forever, even past our death, it will remain in people's memories after we die, just like these roses," Alex said and bit his lip, "So Jack if you'll give me one chance I'll prove to you that our relationship will stay pretty."

Alex didn't have to say anything else, Jack just leaned int and pushed his lips to Alex's something he'd wanted to do for so long, and Alex kissed back. In that moment everything was perfect, everything was the way it should be, and things would stay like that, everything would stay perfect because they were together, and they were going to stay together, their love was never going to die.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update, but that's the end guys, if you want a sequel to it comment please, 7 months is a long time to wait so sorry to anyone who really liked it but now it's done, and they're in a happy place now, and that's how I wanted to end it. I was considering writing a few more chapters of fluff and ending it there but I felt like the ending wouldn't be as strong, and this way it ends in happiness. So thanks for reading and comment if you want a sequel or not.