Status: sadly/happily complete

Days Like These

Ch 24

“Here’s your baby.” The doctor said. Vic stared in awe, looking at the fetus.

“Th-that’s Peanut?”

“Yeah.” Kellin replied softly. “That’s Peanut.” He looked from the screen to Vic only to find him crying. “Awe, babe what’s wrong?” he asked worriedly.

“Nothing’s wrong.” Vic said, wiping the tears. “It’s just … this makes it more real ya’know. Like we made it. What is Peanut anyway?”

“Would you like to know Kellin?” Kellin nodded in response. The doctor had asked him last month if he wanted to know but he declined, wanting to find out with Vic. “Well,” the doctor said, moving the wand around a bit. “It looks like you’re having a … boy! Congratulations.” He said with a smile, handing Kellin some tissues. “I’ll go get your pictures and you guys can be on your way.”

“Thank you doc.” Kellin replied as he cleaned his stomach. Once the doctor was out, he turned to Vic. “So? What’s going through your mind?”

“It’s so surreal ya’know? Like … I’m having my first child with the boy I’m in love with; and the fact that it’s a boy makes it so much better.”

“What if Peanut was a girl?”

“I’d still be happy, don’t get me wrong but we’d have to deal with periods, break ups, and other girl things that I’m clueless about. At least with a boy I know how things work and what to expect and stuff.” Kellin smiled, shaking his head at Vic’s weird reasons.

“We’re gonna have to start picking out names.” Kellin sighed.

“That’s the fun part. Getting to mix and match names; speaking of, would he have my last name or yours?”

“Yours.” Kellin replied quickly. The smile on Vic’s face brought warmth to Kellin’s heart.

“Here are your pictures.” The doctor said, walking in. “Kellin, I’ll see you next month and it was nice to finally meet you Vic. I’ve heard such wonderful things about you.”

“Thank you.” Vic replied with a smile. He took the pictures and helped Kellin off the chair. With a final good bye, the boys walked out of the hospital. “Wanna go catch a movie?” Vic asked as they slowly walked down the street to the bus stop.

“Dressed like this?” Kellin asked. He was wearing black sweatpants with a suspicious white stain on the knee, a thin long-sleeved white shirt and his black, worn out toms.

“Yeah, why not?” Vic asked. “We’re practically dressed alike.”

“Yeah but you have black jeans, Vans and you’re wearing a short-sleeved shirt.” Kellin replied.

“But you’re gonna be warm and comfortable while I freeze and unbutton my pants because I ate a lot of popcorn. Please? I want to take you the theater that has those cool recline-able seats. Mike went the other day with his girl and he said they’re the best thing ever.”

“Do you have money?”

“Sixty bucks ok?”

“Yeah.” Kellin replied absentmindedly. On the inside though, he was getting butterflies in his stomach (or maybe it’s Peanut). “Oh!” Kellin exclaimed. He stopped walking and pressed his hand where he felt it. Those weren’t butterflies. Those were kicks. Peanut kicked him.

“Kells?” Vic asked worriedly. He didn’t get a verbal response though. Kellin pulled his hand and placed it where he felt it. A few seconds later, there was a soft, yet firm push against Vic’s palm. He looked up at Kellin with wide eyes and a toothy smile. “Thank you!” Vic said excitedly, pulling his boyfriend in for a kiss. He placed his forehead against Kellin’s and sighed blissfully. “Have I told you how happy I am that I get to experience this with you?”

“Only about every day, if I’m correct.”

“Well, I’ll say again. I’m so happy we get to do this together. Now this time, the movies should be a celebration.”

“A celebration for what?”

“Peanut moving, peanut being here, you, us, me, our love.”

“Those are a lot of things to celebrate.” Kellin giggled, causing Vic to smile even harder. “But I accept your invitation.”

“Good, because there’s no way I’d let you go home yet.”

When they got to the movie theaters, they decided to watch Jurassic World in 3-D. Vic, of course being the gentleman he is and because Kellin is broke, bought the tickets, popcorn, drinks and pickles. Once they were in the assigned room, they sat near the back and got comfortable. The look on Kellin’s face when Vic unexpectedly pushed the button to lean his chair back was hilarious and the look on Vic’s face when Kellin sucked on one of the pickles was hilarious. During the previews, Vic did the very cliché yawning move, causing Kellin to burst into a fit of giggles.

“I’m dating a dork.” Kellin giggled.

“And I’m dating a tease.” Vic countered back. “Sucking on pickles like it’s my dick. I swear.”

“Oh shush, you know you like it.” Kellin said with a smirk. Vic leaned in and kissed Kellin. He tasted like butter and pickles but it was fine because it was Kellin. When he pulled away, he was the one left smirking while Kellin was the one left blushing.

“Love you Kells.” Vic said all singsong like.

“Me too.” Kellin replied in the same way.

At that moment, Kellin got a message.

- From Unknown Number : Meet me in the toilets. If you make me wait, I won’t hesitate to hurt him Kellin :)

“Babe, who’s that?”

“Uh,” Kellin began shielding his phone. “Wrong number. But look, I have to go pee so please help me up.” Once Kellin was on his feet, he walked calmly and unsuspiciously to the toilets. When he got there, it was empty and the stalls were unoccupied.

- From Unknown Number : Good job Kellin. I knew you were still a pathetic little bitch. Now read carefully. Go back inside after four minutes and tell Vic you don’t feel too good.

It was the same number from last month on his birthday, when he was sent a disturbing message.

- From Unknown Number : I don’t care what you say but make sure you don’t go directly home. I want you in front of the ally by ten o’clock sharp. The safety of your family depends on your obedience.

Under the message, was a picture of Katherine, who was blindfolded and tied at the hands and feet and the other lady Kellin saw at their doorstep. Kellin gasped in horror, already feeling himself shaking with panic. Whoever this person was knew how to get to him but he obeyed regardless. He just hoped that whatever this person wanted left Vic and Peanut safe. As he waited, he wondered what the mysterious lady had to do with this. How was she connected to him, Katherine and this person. After four minutes, Kellin walked back to the theater.

“Kells,” Vic said when he saw him sit. “Are you ok? You look sick.”

“N-no.” Kellin whispered. “I think the smell of the popcorn is making me sick. I threw up in the bathroom.”

“Shit, ok, let’s go then.” Vic picked up the popcorn and his drink and followed Kellin outside. “Do you want me to call Katherine?”

“No!” Kellin nearly shouted, getting looks from pedestrians and Vic. “I-I mean, no, can we walk? It’s nice out and I could use the exercise.”

“Sure, if you want.” Vic replied wearily. “Are you sure everything is ok?”

“Mhm.” Kellin held on tightly to Vic’s hand, looking around them with paranoia. There were people behind them on their phones, families with their kids laughing and couples enjoying the evening. “Vic,” Kellin began, already getting tears in his eyes. “You know I love you right? That you mean the world to me. I think that without you in my life, I’d be dead and Peanut wouldn’t be here with us. You saved me from myself and I’ll always be grateful for that.” Kellin took a pause, wiping his tears as they fell. “I-I know you’ll be-be a go-ood dad to Peanut. I’m so hap-happy to be able to spend-d this time with you. You fou-ound beauty within me and helped me see it for my-myself-f.” Kellin stopped walking and turned Vic around so they were facing each other. He saw the worriedness, confusion, and love in his eyes. “Please kiss me.” Kellin whispered. So Vic did. The kiss was passionate and maybe kissing like that in public was wrong but Kellin had to ask for it. He needed Vic to remember him by something, anything. “Promise me some things though.” He said, once they parted and began walking.

“Anything.” Vic whispered back.

“Promise me you’ll never forget me. Promise to always love me and promise to make sure Peanut knows I love him.”

“Why? Kellin, what’s going on?”

“Vic, just promise me.”

“Ok, I promise.” Vic sighed. “But why? You’re, you’re not dying are you?”

“No.” not yet. Kellin added mentally. He pulled out his phone as they walked passed and ally. It was ten o’clock. “Can we wait for a bit? My feet hu-.” He saw someone hit Vic in the back of the head with bat. “Vic!” he screeched.

“Don’t move.” Someone said from within the shadows. The voice sounded familiar but Kellin couldn’t think of anyone. “Good job. Now walk in here Kellin.” Kellin looked down at Vic. “Now!” the voice shouted. Kellin was startled but he slowly walked towards the voice. “Now, since your pregnant, you won’t be harmed. So turn around.” Kellin swallowed thickly but turned. “Good boy.” There was something tied around his head, blocking his vision. “I’ll message you when we’re far enough. I want you to pretend like you were walking by and found him like that.” Kellin didn’t hear the other person talk. “Make sure to get rid of the bat too. Now Kellin, I’m going to tie your hands.” Kellin place his hands behind his back and felt the prickly rope around his wrists. He felt someone grab his bicep and guide him to something. “Now since you’re fat and probably weight more than a whale I need you to lift your foot up and step in the truck.” Once Kellin was in the truck, he was placed on a seat and felt a belt before hearing it click in place. “Gotta keep you and baby safe.” He felt his shirt being lifted and rough hands touch his stomach. “God you look so sexy so full with a baby.” There were lips smashed against his but Kellin didn’t fight the person off. “Gonna fuck you when we get home.” Kellin felt the person climb off and heard the door close.

Kellin began crying. His body shook with his loud sobs. When he felt the car start up and move, be cried even more. He just hoped everything would be ok in the end.
He didn’t care if he lived or not. He just wanted Vic and Peanut to be ok in the end.
♠ ♠ ♠
again, any and all medical things aren't accurate. they're probably all wrong.