Take a Chance

the best day

Nick hadn’t spoken to Tori in several months and it was the last thing he was expecting when he saw her walking towards him. He had to admit, Tori was looking hot as fuck but he still couldn’t give in to the temptation and get so close to her again. The reason he had started dating that slut, Ashleigh, in the first place was to stop him from falling even deeper in love with Tori than he already had been. Ever since his dad had walked out on his mum four years ago, shortly after he met Tori, he had made the decision to never fall in love because it all only ends in hurt and pain. So, as soon as his feelings for Tori began to grow more and more, he left. He abandoned her and ironically, hurt her in attempt to save himself from being hurt. He was selfish like that.

As she spoke to him he could almost hear the pain in her voice that he had caused. He wanted to grab her, pull her close to him and tell her he loved her but he wouldn’t let himself become so vulnerable. Instead, he put on his usual front and basically told her to go fuck off, that he was having nothing more to do with her, leaving Tori in a state of confusion; not knowing what she ever did wrong.

He strolled back over to his friend Lee, took a drag of his half smoked cigarette and said to him, “Man, she has needs to leave me alone.”

Lee nodded, “Yeah, she seems a little clingy to me. Don’t know how you put up with that for so long.”

The two of them laughed loudly together, making a joke of Tori. Nick felt his stomach churn as he realised how shit of a person this must make him. He was mocking the girl he loved because he wasn’t man enough to face up to his feelings.

---


When he got home that evening he was far too exhausted to do anything. He had the house to himself for a couple of hours before his mother and sister would return from their last minute Christmas shopping. He threw his schoolbag down in the hallway carelessly and flung himself across the couch. He rummaged in his pockets for the fresh pack of cigarettes he purchased on the walk home from school. He lit one and inhaled deeply as he mulled over what Tori had said to him today at lunch. She was like a leech, sticking to his mind, refusing to let go and allow him some peace.

He knew there was only one way to sort this problem. He took out his phone and text the first girl that his eye caught in his phonebook, Claire. About ten minutes later there was a knock on the door. He quickly quenched his cigarette in the ashtray on the coffee table and opened the door to see Claire standing there with a wide grin on her face and an enticing sparkle in her eyes. Claire was a girl he had met in a nightclub last weekend. She worked there as a bartender. As she entered the house, shoved Nick forcefully onto the couch and stripped him bare, she wasn’t any wiser as to what age he really was. Her presumptions about him were all the permission she needed to fuck him senseless and Nick enjoyed every minute of it, feeling not one ounce of guilt for deceiving this dumb bitch.

They lay on the couch, their naked bodies entwined and their chests heaving up and down heavily. Not once, from the minute Nick opened the door to Claire, did they utter a word to each other. Mindless sex was all they both wanted and mindless sex was what they both got.

Claire broke the silence and finally spoke, “I must go now, babe.”

Nick didn’t want her to leave, he knew once she left his mind would wander off back to Tori again, tiring him out even more.

“Can’t you just give me a quick blow before you go?” he pleaded, cheekily.

She grinned at his audacity; it seemed she liked that side of him. Without another word she got down on her knees and gave Nick one of the best twenty minutes of his life.

But he still found his thoughts stubbornly trailing back to Tori. Even when he came, all he could think about was how much better it would be if it was Tori pleasuring him and not some skanky bartender.

She finished, got dressed, gave Nick a kiss on the cheek goodbye and waddled her sexy ass out the door.

He was somewhat satisfied now but nowhere near as satisfied as he would have been if Tori was there. He thought of the time last Christmas when they had their first and only kiss. It was Christmas Eve and Nick was visiting Tori at her house. They were in her room sitting next to each other on her bed, exchanging Christmas presents and reminiscing about previous Christmases. For a short moment there was a deafening silence between the two which very rarely happened. It felt almost awkward. Nick remembers how his heart quickened and his stomach fluttered for a reason he wasn’t aware of until Tori suddenly turned around to face him and pressed her soft, red lips against his. It was the most wonderful moment of Nick’s life to date. The memory is so vivid in his mind; the sweet taste of her almost still lingers on his lips.

The door opened, abruptly awakening him from his thoughts. He shot around to see who it was and he was unfortunately greeted by his mother and sister. Great.

“I got you loads of presents, Nick!” his little sister Megan screeched in his face with a painfully annoying grin on her face.

“Thanks,” he said, his face expressionless.

He immediately left to go to his bedroom, to be alone, to think and set his mind straight. He slammed the door after him and threw himself on to his bed.

“Nick! I told you about slamming doors!” his mother yelled from the kitchen.

Nick ignored her, turned over on the bed and pulled a pillow over his head. He silently willed this situation to sort itself out and make everything less complicated and painful for both of them.