Buried Feelings

Countdown

My vacation to Colorado was too quick, my brother and I spend our days snowboarding up and down the mountains and drinking hot chocolate at night. Kris has a busy schedule too but I find myself bringing my phone everywhere with me, to text, call or even snapchat him on a lift. Waking up the day after Christmas and having to leave again, and not being able to see him, was torture but thankfully technology came to the save.

New Years Eve came quickly and before I knew it we were on the plane back home, and I was walking into my condo.

“What the hell…” I ask to no one, in disbelief as I look around my living room. I count 10 different flower arrangements, all around my apartment. Everything smells amazing.

I leave my suitcase by the door and walk around, I know who they are from but I am still in shock. I smell some lilies and a few mums; I see a dozen red roses sitting on my kitchen counter, with what appears to be a card nestled in the bouquet. As soon as it catches my eye I rush over to it and rip it open.

It reads: I tried to find a flower that could match how beautiful you would look tonight, but I couldn’t. So I ordered a few more to hope I could come close, hopefully you find them as beautiful as I find you.

So cheesy, I laugh a hearty laugh. This is so Kris. He knows I will find it cheesy and funny, but he knows I will love it and be giddy. I can’t believe he still knows me so well. I take a minute and move all the vases around the rose arrangement, my kitchen looks like a florist display, and I take a picture of myself and snap it to Kris.

“Love my flowers, can’t wait to see you tonight. ☺”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was able to get a good nap in before I had to start getting ready to go out, I’m still not sure what we will be doing exactly but I have a feeling we will be going out with guys from the team. Luckily I found the perfect NYE dress in Breckenridge.

It was a purple, blue, green watercolor type pattern, short cocktail dress with an open racerback halter, accented with a little sparkle. I had seen it at Neiman Marcus before but somehow it found it’s way to the small boutique in Breckenridge. When I had tried it on for my brother he told me I wasn’t allowed to wear it, it was too short, too pretty. He didn’t want his sister wearing something that sexy, and that was how I knew it was perfect.

I curl my hair into loose curls and pick out some black cage booties to pair with it. I give myself a once over before checking the clock.

7:59pm.

Hmm. Kris said he would be here at 8, and as soon as I go to grab my phone he sends me a text, “I’m here, do you want me to come up and get you?”

I smile and send a quick text back, “No it will be easier to wait instead of looking for a spot, be right down. Prepare to be dazzled ;) “

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow. When she sent me the text I hadn’t expected to honestly be dazzled, I have always thought she was the most beautiful person in the world but she just looked, wow. My jaw must have been hitting the cement because I couldn’t close it if I tried. I practically sprinted over to her and helped her put on her coat.

“Thank you,” She purred in my ear, “I left it off when I came down to get that kind of reaction, do you think I beat the flowers?” She says playfully, biting her bottom lip and smiling.

I roll my eyes and give a hearty chuckle, “The flowers don’t even stand a chance, are they all wilted upstairs? Did they all just dry up instantly and crash to the floor when you walked in?” It’s cheesy but I roll with it. I open the car door for her to step in when she whips around.

“You are silly, Mr. Versteeg.” And she kisses me, it’s gentle and takes me by surprise and I pull her in, it quickly turns from a kiss on the curb into a public make out session until she pulls away. “So absence does the make the heart grow fonder, I have missed you, Kristopher.” And she slides in to my Audi, my body is flushed and hot and I have to calm a certain part of me down since the night is just beginning. This is going to be a fun night.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His reaction was priceless, sitting next to him with his hand on my knee; I am still reeling from it. It felt like a movie scene, and it boosted my confidence a lot. We arrive to some club in Lincoln Park, not too far from my condo and find the group. They had reserved several VIP booths and were mostly sectioned off from everyone else in the club; there is even a VIP dance floor that we share with the rest of the booths. I know mostly everyone, Pat with his girlfriend, Abby and Patrick, Bicks and his wife, Andrew, Nik and his wife, and several other players with their respective wives and girlfriends.

The champagne, beer, and drinks are flowing and before I know it I find myself tipsy. I spend the time before midnight attached to Kris’ side and sitting on his lap, sneaking in sweet kisses and cuddling with him. I look him up and down; he is wearing a satiny finish all black suit, with a sharp white shirt left unbuttoned. He looks so hot and I contemplate asking him to sneak away somewhere for a quickie, but I use my better judgment and know that I can let my desires take over when we get back to my place.

And then out of nowhere Abby grabs my hand and pulls me out of my fantasy world.
“Come on Kae, let’s go dance! It’s a Beyonce mix!” She is full of excitement and I look to Kris, shrug my shoulder and head out to the floor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watching her dance with the other women, I see nothing but her. I want to run over to her and pull her off the dance floor, take her home and spend ringing in the New Year in bed with her. But I can tell she is having a good time and I don’t want to disrupt it, I know she has been thinking the same thing and as soon as 12 hits we will be out the door and heading to her place.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and look to my right; Sharpie is standing beside me and laughs. “My wife loves Michaelagh, she looks at her like a little sister.” He says matter of factly and I am not sure where he is going with this but give him a head nod letting him know that I agree with what he has said.

“And when you got traded and you two broke up, Abby was there, trying to help her pick up the pieces of her life again and since then she has become a part of our family. Auntie Kae to Maddie and Sadie, so what I am saying is, don’t hurt again, okay?” I can tell he is tipsy and is kidding but part of me knows what he is saying is serious.

“Pat, I am not going anywhere without her again.” He gives me a knowing smile and claps his hand on my shoulder.

“Didn’t think so buddy.“ And he clinks his beer against mine. “Look who is coming over for you.”

Michaelagh is skipping over to me, and grabs my hand from the floor up into our booth area. “Krisssss! It’s GroupLove!” And she pulls me onto the dance floor. We start dancing to the song as a group but before I know it feels like her and I are the only ones dancing there. Our bodies move in sync and she knows the right places to rub her body up against mine, teasing me with her round ass and sliding her hands all over me. The urge to throw her over my shoulder and into my car overwhelms me but I fight it and give her a hot messy kiss. And then the count down starts and we are chanting along with the rest of the group with the countdown, her body never leaving my side.

5

4

3

2

1

And I kiss her. A light kiss at first and then passion over comes us and our tongues enter each other mouths. She bites my lip and sucks my tongue every so gently, she runs her hands along the front of my pants, drawing my to push into her. She breaks apart from me for a minute, “Let’s get out of here.” She whispers into my ear, her voice is harsh, breathless, heavy, just like it is right before and after we have sex.

“You don’t have to ask me twice.” And I grab her hand and pull her out of the club, not even bothering to say good-bye, they will all understand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay! My internet was broken and I had a lot of issues going on but I have been working on this for awhile. And the dress, sorry for the exact details but it was the dress I wore on NYE and I thought that Michaelagh would love it as well.

This is the link to it (of course it is on sale now!)
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Phoebe-Couture-Halter-Fit-and-and-Flare-Dress/prod161630115_cat9360738__/p.prod?icid=&searchType=EndecaDrivenCat&rte=%252Fcategory.service%253FitemId%253Dcat9360738%2526pageSize%253D120%2526No%253D360%2526Ns%253DPCS_SORT%2526refinements%253D&eItemId=prod161630115&cmCat=product