Status: Still in the works/unfinished. (Updating roughly every two weeks)

The Sky Under the Sea

Here We Go

[Bo]

The instant we were safe inside the hotel room I fell onto the couch.
 The entire way up here, I felt Jaime’s eyes on me. And I had no clue why. It was bugging me.


“Let’s get some jams up in here, I’m in no mood to sleep.” Sam pulled out his speakers and plugged his phone in. I groaned and pulled a pillow over my head.


“Your terrible music’s going to give me nightmares.”


“Come on Bo, it isn’t that bad.” He sat on my stomach, a grin on his face.


“Yes, it actually is.” Chloe yelled from the bedroom.
 He stood up and turned on the speakers, some techno crap blasting through the room.


“It’s nearly midnight for fucks sake Sam, at least turn it down.” Jeremy shouted from the other bedroom. I stood up and grabbed my bag, walking into the bedroom that Chloe was in.


Whenever we had to stay in a hotel, Chloe and I always shared a room. We’d been friends for so long, it felt weird to share one with anyone else. Not sure why, but it just did.


“Holy fuck, look at the view!” In an instant my bag was on the floor and my face was pressed against the floor-to-ceiling windows that made up the outside of the hotel.
 Chloe joined me seconds later.


“It’s incredible!” She mused. You could see the entire city from our room. The lights of the city looked amazing, stretching as far as I could see.

Pulling out my phone, I took a photo and uploaded it to instagram.



“@ephemeralbo: Check out the view from our room! So stoked to be in Portland :) #americancitychills”



I noticed that I had a bunch of new followers, so when I checked them out I was surprised to see that the guys from Pierce The Veil had followed me.

Gee, that was quick.


“I’m starving, want to go for a walk and see if we can find some food?” Chloe asked. I nodded in agreement.


“What the fuck is that?” She asked a second later, hearing shouting from the room next door.


“Little girl this, Victor!” We heard Mike roar, followed by more shouting and then a loud thump.


“I’m not even going to ask.” Siding my phone back into my pocket, I followed her out of the room and into the elevator.


“Chloe, whats up?” I asked.
“Huh?” She asked, seemingly deep in thought.


“Ever since we saw PTV at the airport, you haven’t stopped grinning. There’s something up with that.” Chloe just blushed and looked away.


“You totally have a thing for Vic.” I said, crossing my arms triumphantly. 
When she didn’t answer, I knew I was right.


“That’s so cute. You guys would make a great couple.” Chloe’s smile got even wider as we reached the ground floor.


“Bo, we’ve barely even talked. Lets not get ahead of ourselves.” Chloe scolded me. I shrugged.


“I’m just saying, suit yourself.” The doors of the lobby opened and a blast of cold air hit me.


“Since when is an American summer this cold?” I grumbled, shoving my hands into my pockets as we turned down the street.


“I know, it’s stupid.” Chloe said.

The city was even more beautiful from the ground. We walked for about ten minutes, taking in everything when we stumbled onto a Mc Donalds.


“What are the odds that the first food place we come across is a Maccas?” Chloe laughed as we walked in. We stood in front of the menu for about five minutes, before a figure in the corner caught my eye. I nudged Chloe.


“Is that who I think it is?”
 Chloe shifted a little to get a better view. She nodded.


“As if you didn’t recognise the hair.”


Vic and Jaime were standing next to us.


“Do you know what you want?” Chloe asked as we stepped forwards a little, not sure if we should go up to them or not.

“I would if I could read the menu.” I laughed. I’d totally forgotten about bringing my glasses. I normally wear contact lenses because I have terrible eyesight, but I took them out for the flight because I knew I would sleep. So here I stand, unable to see more than a meter or two in front of my face.
 Chloe groaned.


“You’re terrible, you know that?” I shrugged.


“Surprise me with something.”

~ Time Lapse: Earlier ~

[Jaime]



“Dude, I feel like I haven’t eaten in a week. Want to go get Mc Donalds or something?” Vic yelled from the bedroom.


“Jesus Vic, give us a minute to put our bags away!” Mike yelled out. Vic came stomping out, hands on his hips as he stared at his younger brother.


“Michael Christopher Fuentes. I am your older brother and you have no right to yell at me like that!” Vic was only being fake mad, but Mike decided to go along with it.


“Why not? I’m bigger.” He shouted, mimicking Vic’s stance, putting his hands on his hips and pouting.


“Because you need to respect your elders!” Vic yelled back, red in the face.


“Oh yeah? Come on then, make me.” Mike pouted at his brother.


“I don’t want to hurt a little girl.” Vic laughed back.

These two were so funny sometimes, their antics always managed to make me laugh with their silly fights.


“Little girl this, Victor.” Mike charged and grabbed Vic around his waist, hoisting him up onto his shoulder.


“Mike! Put me the fuck down, right now!” He shouted.


“Who’s the little girl now huh?” I grinned and watched as Mike headed into one of the bedrooms and
threw Vic onto the bed. He bolted out, shutting the door behind him and sitting with his back against it.
 Mike shot me a triumphant grin, and in reply I just shook my head.


“Which way does the door open Mikey-poo?” I sang. His face dropped just as the door was pulled out behind him, causing him to stack and fall onto his back.


“You’re an idiot, I swear.” Vic mused as he stepped over his brother. There were tears running down my face, I was laughing that hard.


“Come on Hime Time, let’s get some food. Mike, you’re grounded!” Vic yelled in his mum voice.


“You coming Tony?” I asked, seeing Tony walk out of the bathroom, laughing too.


“Nah I’m good.”


“We’ll be back.” I said, as I grabbed the hotel key and my phone on the way out. It was only a ten minute walk.


We soon arrived and I shivered.

Why was it so freaking cold tonight?


My watch said 12:30, maybe that was why.
 Vic and I were standing off to the side when I saw a familiar mop of red hair not ten feet across from to us.


“What are the odds?” I whispered, nudging him and motioning with my head to where they were standing. Vic's face lit up and he grabbed my hand, dragging me over to them.


“Hey guys.” Vic said. The two girls turned around. Chloe grinned.


“Hey! Midnight munchies too?” She asked. We both nodded.

“Bo and I had the same idea. Except, the menu here is so different from back home.”


“Where is back home? I mean Australia obviously, from the accents. But where abouts?” Vic asked.


“Melbourne. In Victoria.” Bo said. I raised my eyebrows.


“So you could say you’re a bit far from home?” I joked. She rolled her eyes and said sarcastically,


“I never would have guessed.”
 Chloe slapped her over the back of her head.


“Bo! Have some manners for fucks sake.” She scolded.


“He’s a big boy, he can handle a little sarcasm.” Bo smirked at me and I felt my cheeks flush.


“So you’re a big boy now are you Jaime?” Vic said, facing me.


“Shut up Vic.” I said angrily.


Chloe and Bo stepped up to the counter to order. A minute later, Vic and I did the same.
While we waited, I couldn’t help but feel annoyed at Bo’s comment.

We’d just met and she was already making fun of me? What had I done?

Vic tapped me on the shoulder, seeing how I was put out.


“Come on Jaime, it was a little joke. Maybe she’s like Mike and is lacking in the area of social skills.”

Luckily our order was up and I didn’t have to reply. Scanning the few people left in the restaurant, I saw they’d left already.


“Let’s eat back at the hotel.” Vic grabbed the food and we started back out the way we came. I shivered as soon as we stepped outside, but stopped when I saw Bo and Chloe waiting for us.


“Thought we’d keep you guys company on the walk back.” Chloe said, falling into pace beside Vic. Bo fell back a bit, and walked beside me. The whole way back, we could hear Chloe and Vic laughing away, while the air between Bo and I was cold as ice.

It stayed that way as we found the hotel and got inside the elevator.
Casting a sideways glance at Bo, I saw that once again she was leaning against the wall, hands in her pockets. She looked tired, and my annoyance faded a little.

Maybe that’s why she was being a bit rude before.


We parted ways as we got back to our rooms. Bo barely mumbled a goodnight before she shut the door behind her.
 Puzzled, I sank into one of the chairs at the table.

Why was she so distant? A little conversation never killed anyone..


I looked over to Vic who was buzzing with energy, a grin plastered across his tanned face.


Sure could pep someone up though.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys sorry it's dragging on but it's getting better now I hope. Comments and recs and subs get updates quicker and I won't update until I get 5 reads or comments or whatever so yeah.

Title Credit: Sleeping With Sirens