Status: Still in the works/unfinished. (Updating roughly every two weeks)

The Sky Under the Sea

Pump It

Jaime]

It was 7pm and Ephemeral had just gone on stage. The energy coming off the crowd was insane, you could practically feel the excitement. Bo was revving up the crowd and soon they launched into their first song. It was one I hadn’t heard before but it was amazing. Tony and I stood side stage and watched as Ephemeral killed their set, being even better than on Warped Tour. I overheard Jeremy talking on the bus yesterday to Mike that they’d toured Australia and New Zealand and were pretty well known over there, but this was by far the biggest thing they’d done. 

A grin was plastered across my face as I watched Bo jump around on stage. She looked like she was in the zone, putting everything into every song. Until they paused for a minute and her voice wafted side stage.


“We’re going to do something a little different tonight, and slow things down a bit. This one’s called Angels.”
 Tony glanced at me and I knew what he was thinking. All through Warped Tour, we hadn’t heard them do one soft or slow song. This would be interesting.

Bo slowly plucked at the strings of her guitar, a sweet melody filling the air.

♪ Three years of something, I called love

When the phone calls and photographs were never enough
To save a heart that’s been broken and so close to screaming

This can’t be happening, I must be dreaming.
What’s the worst that could happen, I never knew
When all I ever wanted was to be right there with you

But now the possible’s impossible and I can’t refuse

Grab all your drinks and raise all your glasses

Let’s toast, to the lucky ones.
To the boy, that just broke my heart



I can’t breathe, after all that you’ve told me

You took my heart and made me melt again


I could never imagine, we’d end up this way

After all that we went through, now fighting through the pain

It’s like this heart that’s been broken is so close to screaming

Ripped from my chest and I can’t stop the bleeding

Now we all fall for the bad ones, who just break us cause we’re so young

Dumb and vulnerable, young and vulnerable
Here’s a toast, to the lucky ones.
To the boy, that just broke my heart



I can’t breathe, after all that you’ve told me

You took my heart and made me melt again


You ripped apart these pages, our book was overrated

This brings up all these questions, tell me what just happened, 
I’ll say



I’ll put your picture in a frame, that stands at the side of my bed

So whenever I get sad I can stare at your face

And hope and pray that I can forget

When all I remember is talking is cheap and your lies were expensive

God only knows when I’ll come to my senses
Now I can’t breathe at all

Here’s a toast, to the lucky ones. To the boy that just broke my heart

After all that you’ve told me

You took my heart and made me melt again


You ripped apart these pages, our book was overrated

This brings up all these questions, tell me what just happened

I’ll say ♪




At the end of the song, everyone was dead silent. Then, a roar erupted from the crowd.
The whole way through the song, I was fixated on Bo. There was so much emotion in her face, so much.. pain? The lyrics sounded familiar, but I couldn’t put my finger on where from.



Twenty minutes later, I was spellbound and their set was over. There were so many songs that I hadn’t heard before that felt like they had so much meaning and I’m sure the fans were even more moved than I was.
 Jeremy, Sam and Bo threw their picks into the crowd and Chloe’s drumsticks soon followed.


“Wow guys. That was nuts!” Tony said as we congratulated each of them as they walked off stage.

“I can’t believe how massive the crowd is.” Sam shook his head as he walked past. Bo grinned as she grabbed her water bottle and drank some.

“Missed that so much! So looking forward to the rest of the tour, doing this every night is just.. wow.” She was so happy. Happier than I’d seen her lately.


“You need a shower, Thompson.” I smirked, folding my arms across my chest. Bo just shrugged, still on a high from performing.

“Probably. Good luck guys!” She called, stashing her guitar and following the rest of her band out to the merch table to meet some fans.


“Come on Jaime, we got twenty minutes to set everything up.” Vic appeared out of nowhere, and I nodded. We started to shift Ephemeral’s equipment more backstage and ours side stage, helping the crew out as they swapped everything over.



An hour and a half later, we all ran off stage sweaty and grinning.
The set went off amazing, and the fans already knew most of the words to all of the songs. Adrenaline coursed through my veins as I’d jumped and bounced around the stage, more energetic than usual.
Mike grinned and slapped me on the back as I stowed my guitar next to Vic and Tony’s.


“Sweet job out there tonight you hyperactive shit.”

“Thanks, you too. Can’t wait to do it all again tomorrow night!” My body was tired, but my mind was still buzzing from such an incredible show.

“You guys smashed it. Well done!” Chloe and Bo had watched our entire set from the side of the stage once they’d finished meeting fans. 
Vic scooped Chloe up into a hug and spun her around, the biggest smile spread across his face.


“Ew Vic, you smell! Go have a shower!” She laughed, wrinkling her nose.

“You smell too, you know.” Vic put her down but left his arms wrapped around her waist.

“Save water?” Chloe winked and Vic blushed.

“Get a room!” Bo rolled her eyes and yelled.

“No fucking on the bus, remember!” Mike shouted from somewhere and I laughed.

“Fuck off Mike!” Vic yelled back at his brother.
“If you two wanna fuck I don’t care, but this time I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR IT OKAY. ONCE WAS ENOUGH.” I said in as stern a voice as I could manage.
“We weren’t that loud!” Chloe protested, turning to face the rest of us.

“Yeah, you were. I heard the headboard banging against the wall and everything.” Vic’s face was priceless, all he could do was look down at his shoes and try to fight the colour rising to his cheeks.


“You guys can keep discussing their sex life, but I’m going to shower. See you all on the bus.” Bo waved and headed out the back, in the direction of the bus.

“Dibs on the next one!” Mike called, re-joining us as we watched the crew begin to pack up.
“Nu uh, oldest first!” Vic protested.

“What happened to ladies first?” Chloe pouted. Vic shrugged.

“Good point. You, me, then Mike.” He relented.

“I called dibs first!” Mike whined.


Watching the Fuentes brother’s petty banter was always entertaining. It was like watching a tennis match as they traded comments and comebacks. It was never serious though. 
Internally I groaned as I realized that this was going to be a regular argument for the next four months.

♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so basically I've decided I'm gonna upload it all anyway. Enjoy!

Much love x

Title Credit: Black Eyed Peas