Sequel: Thou Shall Not Die
Status: Complete

Cry Little Sister

Chapter 6

As they drove home in silence Abby felt another weird rush course through her body. She touched her forehead rubbing it.

"Are you okay sis?" Karen asked glancing at her with concern.

"I'm not feeling to good." She said still rubbing her head.

"We're almost home." Karen said squeezing her knee. "What all did you drink anyway?"

"Just those couple of drinks at the bar and some wine." She said.

"You drank wine?" Karen asked her raising an eyebrow.

Abby nodded. "Yeah something Shadows gave me."

"You're not used to wine that's probably why you're not feeling to good." She said. "What kind of wine was it?"

"I don't know but it was fairly strong." Abby said.

Karen nodded. "When we get home an Advil and a good nights sleep should help."

Abby nodded and leaned her forehead against the cool window.

Finally they arrived home Abby got out and stumbled slightly. Karen quickly came to aid.

"Thanks Kar." Abby said.

"No prob Abs." She said unlocking the door and helping Abby in.

Once inside Abby went into the kitchen going to the medicine cabinet. Taking the Advil bottle she opened it tilting it till one fell into her hand.

Putting it in her mouth. She gratefully took a glass of water Karen held out. She swallowed the pill and finished the glass of water.

"Can you make it to your room?" Karen asked watching her closely.

"Think so." Abby said making her way to her room. "See you tomorrow Kar."

"Okay hope you feel better." Karen called after her.

Abby entered her room taking her shoes and dress off. Slipping into a nightgown she made her way to the bathroom. After brushing her teeth and cleaning her face of makeup. She made her way to bed.

Getting in she got comfortable and turned the lamp off.

Abby tossed and turned in her sleep. Plagued by strange dreams.

She saw a sheep just eating in a field and it was a bright sunny day. Suddenly the sky turned red and the sheep looked up scared. Looking around the sheeps eyes widen at something in the nearby woods.

Abby turned her head. In the woods was a large black dog. The two stared at each other before the wolf bared its teeth. The sheep quickly ran off. The dog sprinted forward so fast Abby couldn't see it.

She looked at the sheep and dog disappearing into the woods. She ran after them following the panicked bawing noises of the sheep.

Everyway she turned she found herself farther and farther into the woods. Then she heard a loud noise of pain. Running farther into the woods she came into a clearing.

Her eyes widen in horror at the sight. The sheep laid dead with the dog. The dog ate the mutaliated sheep noisily and hungrily.

Abby gasped and stumbled back tripping over a stump. The dog looked up and turned around facing her. It licked its lips which were covered in blood and eyes her hungrily.

Abby crawled back trying to get up the dog ran forward and pounced on her trapping her. It bared its teeth growling.

Abby screamed as it went in for the kill.

She sat up sweating and panting in her bed. She looked at the window realizing it was morning.

Running a hand over her sweat drenched hair she walked to the bathroom splashing her face. She looked at her reflection.

What a nightmare. She thought. At that moment another rush went through her. Abby groaned grabbing her stomach and feeling her head. She was burning up.

Feeling her forehead again im disbelief she walked to the kitchen.

"Morning Abby." Karen said with a smile. "How are you feeling?"

"I feel worse then last night." She said sitting down at the table.

Karen frowned and got up and felt her forehead. She pulled back with a gasp.

"You're burning up Abby." She said.

"I know." Abby said.

Karen got the termonitor checking her temperature. Pulling it out her mouth her eyes widen at it.

"Abby you're a hundred and ten degrees." She said.

Abbys eyes widen. "How can it be that high?"

"I don't know but one things for sure." Karen said. "You're not going anywhere today."

Abby groaned. "I hate being cooped up in the house."

"I know but you have to until you're well again." Karen said. "I'll bring back some fluids for you."

"You're leaving?" Abby asked.

Karen nodded. "First day at work have to be there." "Hope you feel better."

"Thanks." She said as her sister hugged her.

"See you later." Karen said grabbing the keys and walking out.

Abby hated not only being cooped up in the house but being cooped up alone.

She got up to take some painkillers for her throbbing head. After taking them she decided to take a cool bath. Sitting in the water she wondered how she got this sick after one night.

After sitting for twenty minutes she got out looking at herself in the mirror. She looked haggard and sickly.

"What the hell is happening to me?" She asked herself.

"Something extradionary." A familiar voice said.

Abby turned around looking and seeing nobody there but her.

I'm so sick my mind is playing tricks on me.

Abby got dressed then got back in her bed pulling the covers over her.

Karen finished counting the money that they made that day. She smiled glad that her first day of work had gone by smoothly.

"That's the last of the money." She told Marcie as she appeared.

"That's great." She said with a smile. "You did good for your first day of work."

Karen smiled. "Thanks." She said getting her purse. "See you tomorrow Mar." She said walking to the front door.

"See ya." Marcie said locking up the store.

Karen walked to the parking lot searching in her purse for her keys. As she looked she heard something. She looked up seeing nothing and continued walking.

As she got closer to her car she heard the sound of panting. She looked up her eyes widen finding nothing. She quickened her pace.

She heard a snarl she dropped her keys. Looking around she bend down to retrieve her keys. As she got them ate heard a snarl again.

She looked up locking eyes with a large black dog. Gasping softly she stared at the dog as it observed her closely. It came out the woods.

Panicked she ran to her car hearing the dog close behind her. As she grabbed the doorknob she was thrown to the ground by something big.

Karens eyes widen in fear as the black dog stared into her eyes. Karen gave it a pleading look whole reaching for the mace in her pocket.

The dog leaned forward sniffing her as she whimpered. It licked her face then pulled back baring its teeth at her.

Karen got her arm free and sprayed it with the mace. The dog growled in surprise pawing at its eyes. This was enough for Karen to escape as she got to her car...

The dog rammed itself into her knocking her onto her stomach. Karen desperately tried to grab the mace. The dog growled kicking it away with its feet.

Karen screamed trying to crawl away the dog ripped her shirt away with its teeth. It managed to turn her over.

Karens eyes widen as it leaned forward she spat in its face. The dog wiped its face with his paw then gave her a menacing look.

Karen screamed as it dung its claws into her left shoulder. Her screams only drove it on it dung them farther in.

Pain soared through her entire left side the dog licked her for its claws and the concrete.

Karens eyes became heavy as she lost blood. She groaned as the dog finally got off her.

Her eyes met the dogs eyes again as she passed out.