Status: This is not a Jelsa fan fiction. This is a totally different idea for a twist of the story of Jack Frost. Enjoy!

Story of My Life

Chapter Three;

Thursday morning Eowyn got to sleep in. She got up at ten to get ready, pulling on boots, a mint sweater, and a scarf. She attempted to do something with her hair, but eventually just braided it down her back in it's usual style. The customers at the coffee parlor she worked at jokingly called her "Katniss Everdeen" constantly because of this.

She picked up some coffee, and made her way down the street. She had a car, but she usually didn't use it. She lived in a little bubble. Her and Sage both worked about a block away, and there wasn't even a gas station in between. She reached a light purple graffiti building, with a neon sign that read "Lost Fortunes Tattoo Parlor." She threw open the door, walking right in, through the small open room with couches and books filled with tattoo ideas, and into the adjoining room. Sage didn't look up from the customer standing at the glass counter, who was pointing out something on the small display that she wanted. She handed her a form and asked her to take a seat before turning to Ewoyn, holding out her hands for the coffee. "Thank you." She groaned appreciatively as she took a sip. "I'm so tired today."

"Nightmares again?"

"Yeah, it's really weird. I get the same ones from when I was a kid every now and then." She took a long sip, brushing her long, reddish brown hair over her shoulder. "So, you're meeting this Jack at the park in a bit, right?"

Eowyn glanced at the clock mounted on the wall. "I should probably leave, actually. I'm working later, so i'll be late. Pick up something for dinner yourself for once."

Sage stuck her tongue out at her as she left. She had crossed the porch and walked down the stairs before the door was thrown open, and Sage yelled out after her, "Have fun! Be safe!"

-*-*-*-*-*-

Eowyn pulled her headphones out of her ear as she reached the portion of the park that she had met Jack in. She sat down on the bench, glancing down at her iPhone while she waited.

Suddenly, the familiar, white haired boy sat down beside her, and she jumped, glancing up at him in surprise. "Oh, hey! You really know how to sneak up on someone."

Jack shrugged in amusement, "it's a gift. How are you?"

She shoved her phone into her pocket, offering him a smile. "I'm good. What are we doing today?"

"It's a surprise." He said with a grin.

She quirked an eyebrow at him questioningly. "A surprise?"

He stood up, holding out a hand. "Come on, m'lady."

She laughed as she took his hand. The cold sensation spread from her finger tips to her elbow before he let go. She shivered as she followed him through the park.

"It's been a while since i've been out with such a pretty girl." He admitted with a reluctant smile in her direction.

"A boy like you? No way."

He laughed at that, shoving his hand into his hoodie pocket. "You'd be surprised." It was then she realized that he was wearing what he had had on two days ago.

"Nice outfit." She commented with a giggle. He was still barefoot, too, and holding that odd, weird looking staff.

He smiled at her, obviously amused by her laughter. "Thanks."

"Isn't that what you wore the other day? Don't you ever change?" She laughed again, playfully nudging him.

"Hmm, it's my favorite." He said with a shake of his head. Of course, she had no idea that he'd been wearing that same outfit for way longer than she'd been alive.

"I like your stick." She added, obviously trying to compliment him now after the slight teasing.

"It's a staff." He corrected, twirling it easily around his fingers with acquired skill.

"Why do you carry it with you?" She asked curiously.

The questioned made him uncomfortable. What was he supposed to say? It controls his magic ice powers that the moon gave him over three hundred years ago? Instead he settled with a simple, "I don't know. It's just cool."

"Boys are so weird." She laughed.

They reached the pond at the edge of the park. Sitting beside the glossy, iced over surface, was a picnic basket, on a red, checkered blanket. It was something that she'd seen in movies, and definitely never expected for it to happen in real life. "Oh my gosh!" She squeaked in surprise as Jack sat down on the blanket, motioning for her to sit across from him.

"Too cliche?" He asked with an embarrassed smile.

"Not at all!" She sat crossed legged, glancing at the picnic basket. Her stomach growled just then, and she put a hand over it in alarm.

Jack laughed, "good thing you brought your appetite!" He opened the basket, pulling out sandwiches. As they ate, they talked about themselves, trying to get to know each other. Jack was pretty vague, explaining as much as he could without giving away that he wasn't quite human. Although he WAS human, he didn't feel like it. He sometimes felt like he was another species entirely, and failed to remind himself that he wasn't all that different than the people around him. Only invisible. And a guardian.

She finished a story about her childhood that he had only half been listening to, distracted by the ice on the pond, and he laughed appropriately. She leaned back on her hands, patting her flat stomach. "Thanks for this."

"Sure!" He said with a grin, "we'll be doing it again sometime, won't we?"

She frowned, turning towards him. "Aww, does this mean it's over?"

"Not if you don't want it to be." He said with a laugh.

"I don't have work until four." She grinned at him, and he stood up at this, offering his hand.

"Then we better get as much done as we can."

Jack had missed being with a person in this way. He relished the way that, when she would look at him, her gaze didn't go right through him. She was actually seeing him. She could feel him when she playfully shoved him. She could feel him when he grabbed her, laughing so hard his stomach hurt, after she ran right into a light pole, a pile of snow falling off of the pole onto her head. He realized that she shivered beneath him, so he was careful not to touch her too often, but he still found himself bumping against her as they walked. At some point, they found themselves jumping into a snow fight with a bunch of kids. For a moment, Jack had forgotten that the kids couldn't see him. They obviously recognized Eowyn and easily let her join, and he was glad that the game was too intense for her to attempt to introduce him to anyone. He joined in, throwing snowballs at Eowyn and the children, who would glance behind them in surprise, unsure where the extra snowball came from. He stepped out from behind a tree and made his way to Eowyn as the game came to a halt. Right as she turned away, one of the kids darted towards Jack, running right through him. He let out a gasp in surprise, having forgotten for a moment that he was invisible to them, but Eowyn hadn't seen, so he quickly masked the upset feeling forming in his gut, and shot her an easy grin as he joined her, quickly towing her away from the kids.

"Wait, do you want to meet them?" She suggested, wiping the grin from his face, giving him a feeling of unease. "I volunteer at the school sometimes, so I know most of them."

"That'd be a good idea, but it's almost four." He reminded her, quickly recovering from his momentary panic.

She pulled out her phone, her eyes widening. "Oh crap!"

"Come on, i'll walk you to work." She grinned at him, looping her arm through his to keep warm--quite impossible with him--and turning him around on the sidewalk. "Okay, thanks!"

-*-*-*-*-

After Jack dropped her off at work, narrowly avoiding going inside and getting a cup for himself, he wandered off down the sidewalk, pulling baby tooth from his pocket once he was far enough away from the small shop. She stretched, and he gave her time to wake up before giving her a soft smile. "I need help with something."