Status: Completed

Glory and Gore Go Hand in Hand

Chapter 1

The Gods are angry and feel threatened by the human race. That was a known fact. They were just too powerful and Zeus had a foreboding - one that was just too strong to ignore. The humans would rise up against him and the other Gods and overpower them. That scared the Gods and so they all went crying to Zeus about how he needed to do something about it - after all, he was the one in charge. And so, he made a decision. The decision to split them in half. So now, rather than having two heads, four arms and four legs, they’ve become the humans we now know today. Not to mention a completely erased memory courtesy of the Gods. When you hear someone speak about “finding their other half” they mean it literally. They just don’t realize what that person looks like and who they are.

That’s why they all have a marking on their ankles; almost like a tattoo. Everyone has a different symbol, except for your other half, who has the exact same marking. That’s how they identify each other. Some, however, will settle for less, losing hope on finding that one special person out of billions. But those are the ones that don’t reach their full potential.

Those that do, however are the ones that worry Zeus. And that’s where Jack, Zeus’ son comes in. Jack is a Demi-God; half human, half God. Yes that does mean he was amongst the others who were split, but he was raised to hate humans as much as his father and brother Ian. Tough luck for his other half.
Jack Barakat and Ian are the guys accountable for all of the mysterious disappearances lately.

When a human finds their other half, Jack is the one to-- well to put it delicately, get rid of them. Jack loves his life and wouldn’t want to give it up because of the ignorant human race. He was thorough, strong and showed no mercy. His father couldn’t be more proud.

All of this brings Jack to where he is now, a quaint neighborhood in Brooklyn, New York - witnessing the first meet up of Jamie and Deena - two halves being reunited. He rolled his eyes at the excited looks in their eyes when they realized it. Jack put the hood of his black sweatshirt up, trying to save some of his hair from the rain and began crossing the street towards the two. Jamie and Deena were too deep into a conversation to notice the strange man approaching them, dressed in all black. Not like it would have mattered, anyway. They would’ve still ended up with a bullet in each of their heads. Sighing, he began to clean up yet another mess before anyone noticed.

Jack dragged the bodies around the corner to where his car was parked. Another perk of being the son of Zeus? A great amount of strength. He quickly threw them in the back of his car, (his trunk was already full) and sped off down the street to the Hudson River.

- - - -

Tonight was Jack’s night to be on call - Ian wanted it off. And so, Jack made his way across the city to his run-down apartment in Queens. He didn’t really care if it was a shit hole or fit for a celebrity. All he ever did there was eat and sleep. Besides, Jack didn’t want to draw attention to himself on top of everything else.

After unlocking it, Jack shoved the door open, locking it behind him. He set his pager down on the coffee table and stretched out on the couch. He was hoping for a quiet night; it had been an exhausting day. Within minutes he was snoring, off into a deep sleep. After all, no one said being a mass-murderer was easy.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I actually thought of this idea a few days ago and basically I wrote the entire thing in my head and figured I should probs actually start writing it out before I forget. c: This was kind of rushed but then again it's just the introduction, so it isn't a big deal. I promise the rest of it will be a whole lot longer and more interesting! Hopefully it wasn't too confusing. Anyway, please comment your opinions/thoughts so far! Thanks. xx