Status: Writing as I go; don't expect that many frequent updates, but expect them to come faster than most of my other stories.

Planet Arcadia

Chapter II

We’d made it through the next drop without incident. Charlie team was let off on one of the skyscraper patios overlooking the other teams’ drop points. Once they were off, the pilot veered off in the direction of our drop, steadily descending as we closed in. Near the ground, we started hearing screaming, giving us all chills as we got lower and lower.
In an instant, I felt myself jerk painfully to my left, my straps digging into my sides. I could clearly see the ground getting farther away, swaying back and forth. Our pilot barked back at us to strap ourselves in securely. “We’ve got Banshees inbound; I can’t drop you guys until the skies are clear.”
When we leveled out, I heard a loud blast come from the nose cannon of the Pelican, followed by a loud explosion. As we lurched forward, gaining speed and altitude, I finally saw the Banshees our pilot warned us about. There were around a dozen of them, all cruising through the air, some diving down to bomb a group of civilians or marines. None of them seemed to pay mind to the lone Pelican in the sky at first, but soon a few of them broke off from the others and veered in our direction.
I could feel the tension in the air as we dived again, bolts of plasma passing over and around our bird as our pilot did his best to avoid the predators behind us. Pulling up from the dive, we were turned almost completely sideways as the pilot turned to confront our pursuers, the forward gun blasting away at the purple menaces. I watched through the cockpit’s windshield as the Banshees scattered in every direction, the gunner struggling to suppress each one. Out near the corner of the windshield, I saw a Banshee boost forward, its plasma launcher charged and ready to fire.
When the cannon fired, a hot, green ball of plasma ejecting itself right at us, it felt as if time slowed down; I watched as the Banshee slowly changed its course, as the pilot jerked in his seat, trying desperately to turn the Pelican away from the plasma bomb’s course. I could see my teammates scrambling to lock their harnesses down around them, every one of them screaming in fear.
Then everything sped up. The bomb hit the cockpit head on, the sound of the explosion muffling the screams of the pilot and gunner, and I could feel the Pelican start a dive. It was shallow at first, but soon the engines gave out and we were diving at a steeper angle, the sky in full, unimpeded view through the window on the door. Through the demolished cockpit, we could see the ground coming up very fast, my scream mixing in with everyone’s the closer we got to our deaths.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is coming along pretty slowly, but that's with my other works (About seven in total) I'm working on alongside this and with school.