I Need You Like Water In My Lungs

14

"Sorry we're late." Gerard huffed as we reached the table where my mom, Bill, and Sam were sitting. At first Sam seemed to have a smirk on his face, but as we got closer is disappeared. I was glad for that, he kept staring at Gerard for some reason though, not the way he stared at me earlier today.

"It's been so long." my mom said getting up and giving Gerard a hug. Gerard looked awkward, but soon hugged back freely. Bill shook his hand, as did Sam, he at least got some of my mom's kindness genes out of being my half brother. Gerard pulled the chair out for me, and then sat down.

"We already ordered drinks, I figured water would be fine for you 2." my mother beamed.

"Yes, that's fine." Gerard smiled back. I sighed, and he turned to me,

"You alright?"

"Oh, it's these pants. I should've worn the dress." I said rubbing my belly. Which for once, I was not putting on a show for him or my parents. My clothes were getting quite tighter. It depressed me, it gave me another reason to be happy about the soon approaching due date.

He only kissed me on the cheek with a chuckle, instead of the worried look he normally gives me.

"So Gerard, how's this band of yours doing?" Bill asked, Sam and I both shot him a glare. My mother was absorbed within the menu and wasn't really paying attention. He knew that, that's why he asked the question.

"Great!" Gerard didn't notice the condescending tone in Bill's question. "We're actually in the studio, trying out some acoustic stuff." he smiled putting his arm casually around me.

"That's sounds interesting." Sam cut in, knowing his father well. The waiter happened to come back with our drinks, and mom was the only person ready to order. As I watched everyone except my mom be indecisive about what they wanted. I realized how much it must stink to be a waiter.
--------------------------------------

"That wasn't so bad, now was it?" Gerard smiled as we walked up the steps to the house he had bought a while ago.

"I suppose not," I smiled back, seeing as it the dinner had gone well. Bill didn't say too much, Sam actually tried to have conversations with Gerard instead of just glaring. Gerard laughed at me as I waddled back and forth to the closet and the bathroom.

"What are you looking for Justine?"

"My cocoa butter." I huffed,

"Sit down, I'll find it." he chuckled, and got up. And came right back with it, kneeled next to me.

"Stretch marks." I grinned as he started to rub the butter around my belly. "Ooph."

"I felt that." he grinned as he continued to rub my belly.

"I wonder which one it was?" I smiled patting his head.

"I wonder if we'll have 2 girls, or 2 boys, or both?" he said putting the cocoa butter on the nightstand.

"The doctor said next week he can tell us." I smiled as he looked up at me.

"Do you love me Justine?" he seemed to blurt out.

"What do you mean do I love you?"

"Exactly that." he huffed standing up, and started pacing. "Are you just going through all these steps to please me?"

"I-"

"You what? Think it's fair for the babies?"

"No, I-"

"Because it's not fair to me!" he left the room then. Leaving me to sulk, or figure out what I wanted. Did I love him, in a way I suppose. But I believe the years had made me numb to love, let me believe it was scarce, and not real. He makes me happy, and loves me. But he's right it isn't fair to him, if I can't find it within myself to love him the way he loves me. I put on some pants, and called Mandy. I went to look for Gerard to let him know that was going to stay at Mandy's for the night. But he had left, I left a note. Hoping it didn't make him angrier.
---------------------------

"So?"

"I think I do, bu-"

"What's the but about? He. Loves. You!" Mandy shook me.

"I-"

"You're carrying his children for Christ's sake!"

"I don't think I'm capable of giving him what he needs in a wife, or companion." I sighed

"Let me be the judge of that." I heard his voice from behind, I turned and he was standing there. I glanced at Mandy,

"I figured you 2 needed to work this out now. It's gone on long enough, and I have to work in the morning." she got up and went to her room. We sat there for a few moments, him staring at me trying to figure me out. Hell, I couldn't even figure me out.

"Marry me." he said finally, I started choking. He was at my side in that instant.

"Marry?" I gasped.

"Yes." he was serious.

"Ger-"

"You love me." he stated.

"Yes, but-"

"Then put this on." he pulled out a little velvet box. And it had a large diamond in it, with little diamonds around it. I did love him, and this is how I could prove it. I put the ring on. He smiled,

"Now say it."

"I love you." I smiled.

"And?"

"Yes."

"Yes what?" he huffed.

"Yes, I'll marry you Gerard Way." he pulled me up with a hug.

"I love you, and yes I'll marry you Justine Jones."
♠ ♠ ♠
It's sort of coming to a close.

=D