Status: Active!

Dreams.

Home

Cassandra's PoV.

By the time my plane landed and I was back at home with my parents the effects of the alcohol were mostly gone. But ever since I came through the door my mom has been asking questions, interrogating me even, and I keep avoiding them. Tyler's right about her being suspicious.

"I'm fine Mom. I have a bunch of friends. We all look out for each other." It wasn't a lie. We do all look out for each other. We might be doing some things we shouldn't be, but we still look out for one another.

"But you didn't even come home for Thanksgiving." She argues.

"Momma H had Thanksgiving at the Diner. Everyone was there, Tyler, Tucker, Alex, Ben, Faye, Cam, and even Andy." I say. "Momma H even called you about it, asking if I could stay."

"I haven't even met this people Cassandra." She sighs. "You can't expect me to be okay with all of this. I mean, you could be out there doing God knows what, and I'm here at home worrying my head off. You went out there to make music, and I haven't seen any of that happening."

"It takes time Mom." I say simply.

"Well you've been out there long enough. Come home." She seemed tired.

"You and dad gave me a year, it hasn't been a year yet." I say my voice breaking.

"Then we'll discuss it when your dad gets back from the store." She tells me. I roll my eyes and grab my bags bringing them upstairs with me. Taking out my phone I jump onto my bed and start texting Alex.

To Alex.
My mom wants me to come home...For good.

I press send and wait for a reply.

From Alex.
Why?

To Alex.
Not sure. She keeps saying how she doesn't know anyone and she's worried. It makes no sense.

I sigh and get up, after I send it, going to my bathroom and fixing my hair and make-up from the flight. When I come back there's another text from Alex.

From Alex.
Well I guess we're both in luck then. Call me.

I dial his number and he answers on the second ring.

"Well took you long enough." He says annoyed.

"Sorry. Why are we in luck?" I ask.

"Ben and I are coming to Colorado." He tells me.

"What? Why?" I ask.

"Ben's dad. His mom called earlier. Apparently he's sick or something. So we're flying out late tonight. You live in Denver right? Like in the city?" He asks.

"Yeah... And is Ben's dad okay?" I answer, not sure where he's going with this.

"Not sure. He has some heart condition apparently. He's being treated at some big hospital in Denver. You think we could stay with you for the holidays? By we I mostly mean me, seeing as Ben'll probably be at the hospital for most of the time." He sighs. "And your mom will get to meet me, and as you know I can leave some pretty good impressions on people."

"If I bring it up with my dad around he'll probably be fine with it, and my dad will convince my mom. So probably. But you have to be on your best behavior. No drinking, no drugs. You can smoke cigarettes though." I tell him.

"I know, I know. I'm not a kid." He says annoyed. "Just text me when you get an answer alright?" He asks.

"Yeah sure thing Alex." I say before we hang up.

Taking a deep breath I go downstairs. My mom and dad were already talking to each other.

"Dad!' I smiled

"Hey kiddo. Been a while." He laughs and pulls me into a hug.

"Allen." My mother says in a tone I recognize too well. Family meeting time. We make our way to the living room and sit down.

"Right. So Mom's telling me she doesn't want you in LA anymore." He says in a serious tone.

"I don't feel comfortable with who she's around. I don't know any of these people." She tells him.

"We agreed that I would have a year." I say.

"You haven''t gotten anywhere yet, and you probably never will." She tells me.

"Wow, mom, thanks for believing in me." I say sarcastically.

"I don't like the attitude either. Being out there, you've changed. And I don't think it's for the better."

"If you want to meet the people fine. I have a friend who wants to stay here for the holiday anyway. Ben's dad is in the hospital. He has some kind of heart condition, and Alex is coming for emotional support, he takes care of all of us, and he wanted me to ask if he could stay here while Ben and his family were at the hospital." I tell my parents.

"I don't think that's a good idea. It's Christmas. Family time." My mom says.

"You want to meet them, you can meet Ben and Alex. Then come and visit some time and meet everyone else problem solved. it being Christmas is all the more reason to let him stay here. I know you wouldn't want him to spend Christmas in a cheap hotel."

"But he's a stranger Cass." My dad interrupts. "I see where your Mom is coming from with this."

"He's one of my friends. Everyone is a stranger until you get to know them. I promise that he won't kill you or anything." I laugh.

My mother sighs, and my dad stays quiet.

"Please. You can think more about letting me go back after you meet them. Just don't make your decision off of assumptions please." I beg.

"If I don't like these two you're staying here. Not going back." My mother says shakily.

"Okay." I agree and look at my dad.

"Let's hope these two make one hell of an impression on her then. Don't want you giving up on that dream of your's just yet." He chuckles. "I'm fine with it. When are the arriving?" He asks.

"Their flight is late tonight, so early morning. They'll probably both stay here tonight, Ben will leave tomorrow for the hospital, and Alex will probably stick around here." I explain.

"I'll get the guest bedroom ready. And one can have the couch." My mom says, getting up.

"Thanks mom." I say, and hug her. "I'm going to go text Alex, then I'll be down to help with dinner."

I sigh and take out my phone, texting Alex that they said yes. I really hope he doesn't let me down with this plan of warming my parents up to the idea of letting me stay...