Status: Love you xx

How Will I Know?

Capítulo Veintiséis

Kim had retrieved her laptop and we had started to make a plan of what we could do, if ever the gang's PR people hadn't taken up the case yet.

A knock on the door made itself heard and I opened it to be acknowledged by a worried Liam.

"Luv, what's wrong?" was the first thing that came out of his mouth as he grabbed my shoulders and scanned me with his eyes.

"Just come. Please guys come in so we can talk about everything." I grabbed Liam's hand and turned away as if to dragged him in the living room but really, I didn't want him to see the tears pooling in my eyes once more as I thought about the mean comments that have been surfing the internet about the girls and I.

As soon as we entered the living room, I parted with Liam's hand and sat besides the girls so that we could talk properly. I didn't want to have to face the boys yet, it would be harder if I wasn't by the girls side.

"Can somebody tell us what's going on here? This silence in killing me!" Niall exclaimed in a ton that was far from his usual joyful leprechaun ton. He was truly worried about us. All the boys were by the looks on their faces.

We took a deep breath and gave both mine and Andrea's laptop to the boys so that they could read the various articles we had opened for them. I was looking at my knees as they were reading, trying to swallow the lump that had formed in my throat. I slight glance at the girls and I knew that they were feeling the same way even if Kim continued to type vigorously on her keyboard, nudging A once in a while to get her approval.

"Those little scumbags!" Louis exclaimed getting up. He started pacing up and down, clearly fuming in rage. "Can't they let us live for a second?! I mean, what are you girls to them? Just another puppet in this crazy world and I hate it! I completely hate it!" He was almost screaming, trowing his hands in every direction.

"Slow down mate. We all hate it as much as you do but blowing up won't do any good." Zayn said getting up and placing a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"It will take days for our PR people to do something about this!" Harry groaned dropping his head into his hands.

"Days?" I blinked in disbelief. It was the first time any of us said anything and it made the boys look at us questioning. "Don't your PR people know about crisis management?"

"We already have 80% of a plan formed out and it's only been 20 minutes." Andrea raised her eyebrows at the group. We were so gobsmacked about the incompetence of their team that we almost forgot what this meeting was all about. Almost.

"Hey Paul!" Liam barked into his phone. "Give me the PR's e-mail. I'll tell you why later. Thanks." he closed his phone and turned to us, giving his phone to Kim where Paul had just texted him the email.

"Send what you've got to them and we'll make sure that nothing else gets out."

"The problem here is not people knowing." Kim said, "We just don't want anything to happen to you." she looked sweetly at Louis.

"And us, to you." Niall looked at A from his under his thick eyelashes. Liam didn't have to say anything. I could see from the depths of his brown eyes that all of this was hurting him and the only thing that he wished was for it not to hurt me. But it was too late for that. I was already hurt. And it stung really bad.

It was silence in the room, only the ticking of Kim's keyboard being heard. Nobody knew what to do or how to react.

"Here I'm done. I just sent them the plan. I have absolutely no idea why they would follow it but if it can at least give them a hand, I'm happy to help." She smiled a little and so did we.

"All we can do now is wait. We're so sorry." Liam said getting up. I matched his movement and walked up to him to give him a hug.

"I'm so sorry. If only I had knew I would have been more careful." he murmured in my hair, kissing the top of my head slightly.

"Don't apologize. We both knew that somewhere, somehow, it would happen." I closed my eyes and took a moment to enjoy his strong arms wrapped around me and breathing in his sent.

"I'm sorry." He said again, this time pulling away slightly to look at me. The only think I could do was kiss him. I didn't know how else to tell him how sorry I was but how happy I was that this was happening by his side and nobody else's.