Frozen Heart

Chapter 53

There was nothing Jack enjoyed more than flying.

That weightless feeling, of being so high off the ground that nothing could touch her…

It was like dreaming.

Her first chance to fly-to really fly, not just hover around-, Jack burst off the ground and into the clouds faster than any creature with wings could manage.

The moisture was soft on her skin, like silk, and she shot up into open, sunny air like a bullet.

Suspended, Jack closed her eyes and let gravity take hold, pulling her back down through the wisps of clouds, the calm upper air, the more turbulent gales below that-

Wind shrieked as the ground rose up to meet her, alarmingly fast, but Jack just laughed as she swooped away from danger at the last moment.

Adrenaline rushing through her veins like sunshine, the winter guardian tumbled through the fresh blanket of snow she had conjured, shrieking with joy.

Sprawled in the soft white powder, she stretched out like a cat in a patch of warm grass, practically purring.

Oh, it had been too long

Rolling onto her feet, Jack tossed her staff from hand to hand, pleased with herself.

“Nice to know I haven’t lost my touch.” She chirped, hopping onto a breeze that carried her up and over the trees.

Whistling a happy little tune, Jack spun in place for a moment, deciding which town to visit first before taking off.

She only had a week until the Fantasia Parade to visit all of Fiore, after all.