Status: what more can I say?

Monkey Business

new dance

Her father was a music executive – that was how she came to love the business in the first place. She grew up listening to old tracks on records of bands who would never quite make it. Her father taught her just what to listen for – that x factor – and she had a knack for catching it.

Wynona pulled back the curtains to her bedroom, and finding that it was still dark outside, she let out a small groan. There was nothing worse than waking up before the sun, but she had to do it if she was going to get to the dance studio before anyone else. That was her favorite time to dance, after all, when no one was around to watch. When it was just her and the music.

Throwing her bag over her shoulder, Wynonna skipped out the door and was at the studio in just moments, kicking off her shoes the moment she walked in. She was alone at last, just her and the music, and she only had a few hours before she was supposed to be meeting her father at his office for lunch.

She danced and danced until she couldn’t feel her feet anymore – until her body ached and sweat covered her back – and gave a quick once over with perfume before she was heading out the door again. She liked to stay busy that way, and to Wynona, the best days were the one with a jam-packed schedule.

When she arrived at her dad’s executive suite, he was sitting behind his desk, a Bluetooth in his ear while his fingers clacked away at the keyboard. He looked at her from behind the screen with a smile, immediately ending all his business.

“Wynona, dear,” her father said, as he moved himself from behind his desk. “This is perfect timing. I’ve got someone I want you to meet.”

“Who is it this time?” Wynona asked as she tucked her hair back behind her ears. She was suddenly wishing she had the foresight to shower before she came into his office. “No one important, I hope. I look a mess.”

Her father chuckled, wrapped his arm around his daughter’s shoulders. “Actually, very important, dear. And you look beautiful as always.”

Wynona smiled at her father, but groaned to herself. It was probably another exec from their sister studio in Fort Lauderdale. Someone that Wynona needed to impress.

“Where are we going, exactly?”

“Right this way, pumpkin,” her father said as he led her through the door, one hand held out while the other was placed on the small of her back. She stepped through the wooden frame and into one of the studios where the bigger name bands would record their music videos. Her father’s expensive camera was placed in the middle of the room, while a set was being built around it.

Her father guided her to the left, where she spotted five handsome boys lounging on the sofa while they stuffed their faces full of chips and soda.

“Wynona, meet One Direction,” he said. “Our latest clients. They’ll be filming their newest music video here this week and they have a special offer for you.”

Wynona smiled at the boys before she looked back at her father, speaking quietly so only he could hear. “What kind of offer, exactly?”

Her father chuckled, patting his hand lightly against her shoulder. “They want you to dance in their new music video.”
♠ ♠ ♠
wooo doggie.