Status: Hiatus---sorry :/

Torn.

Had The Best Time And Now It's The Worst Time.

The music echoed throughout the club. Summer stood against a wall located on the second floor of the club. She was waiting for her tables to arrive. It was already eleven, she expected they were would arrive soon. Her eyes locked on Chloe who was assisting at the bar. Summer sent her a wink and nodded towards a man who was checking Chloe out. Chloe wiggled her eyebrows at the girl. Summer walked towards the banister and leaned against it. She watched as people drank and danced. She wished more than anything that she could have the night off to join. There was chatter behind her, causing her to glance back. It was just Rae escorting her group to their table.

Moments later Summer’s table arrived. Just a group of Beverly Hills rich kids. She went to escort them but they completely ignored her. She grimaced knowing they were going to be hard to handle. Summer made her way to the booths that sat them.

“I’m Summer and I’ll be your server for the night. What can I get you guys to drink?” She tried her best to sound happy.

One of the boys spoke first, “Are you really British?”

Summer chuckled, “Yes I am.”

He smiled back at her, “We’ll just start off with a shot of Grey Goose for each of us.”

She nodded and walked downstairs. The girl slid through the small crowd of people and went straight to Chloe.

“Five shots of Grey Goose please.” Summer stated.

Chloe grabbed a small tray and placed five shot glasses on it.

“Any cute ones?” She asked as she poured the vodka.

Summer shrugged, “One. But you know how I am.”

She glanced at two pitchers of beer that was sitting on the bar.

“Who do those belong to?” She questioned.

Chloe rolled her eyes, “Rae. She took two up and left these.”

Summer shook her head and grabbed the pitchers.

Chloe slid the tray to her friend, “Have fun.”

Summer smiled in response and made her way passed the velvet rope and back to her table.

She sat the trey of shots down, “Enjoy. If you need anything else just wave me over. I have to assist a new server so I’ll be back and forth.”

The boy who spoke to her earlier smiled yet again, “Thanks Summer!”

With a pitcher in each hand she walked over to Rae’s booth. The other girl was nowhere to be found. Summer scoffed but put on a smile before she reached the table. There sat four guys around her age. They beamed at her arrival.

“Oi the other pitchers are here!” One shouted.

Summer’s smile grew as she heard his accent. She set the beer down on the table.

“Sorry about that. Rae is new here. I’m Summer and I’ll be helping out.” The girl explained.

After hearing her speak, the boys grinned.

The boy nearest her spoke up, “Where are you from?”

“Worcestershire.” She stated.

“I’m Louis!” The boy on her either side shouted.

This caused Summer to laugh, “Nice to meet you Louis. Do you happen to know where Rae went?”

Louis nodded, “She just left to show our mate where the lou is. By the way he’s Zayn. That one is Liam. And the one with luscious blonde locks is Niall.”

Summer followed Louis’s finger as he pointed to each boy.

“It’s nice to meet you all. Is there anything else I can get for you?” She questioned.

“Two whiskey and cokes would be lovely.” Zayn stated.

She left the table and stopped at hers before leaving the VIP area. Her group was good on drinks so she made her way back to Chloe.

“Two whiskey and cokes love.” Summer said leaning over the bar.

Chloe made the drinks quickly because the other girl at the bar needed her help. Summer carried the drinks back to the boys. She was almost to the table when she noticed the fifth boy had rejoined them. She stopped dead in her tracks. It had finally hit her. One Direction. She knew they had seemed familiar. She tried her best to steady herself as she walked towards the table. Her entire body was shaking. Get it together Summer. He probably won’t even recognize you. She thought to herself. Her stomach ached with every step she took. Harry wasn’t paying attention to her. He was having a rather serious conversation with Liam. Summer sat the glasses in front of Zayn and forced a smile. She turned around to walk away. Before she made one step Louis stopped her.

“Wait! You have to meet Harry!” He shouted.

“Fuck.” Summer mumbled.

She took a deep breath and turned to face the table once again. The moment she turned around their eyes met. It took everything Summer had to not break down right in front of him. Instead she let the numbness take over. It was something she had grown accustomed to.

Her face hardened, “Actually Louis, we’ve already met.”

Harry was still stunned. The boys glanced at him. The way Summer’s words came out made it evident that something happened between the two.

Harry cleared his throat, “Summer could we go somewhere-”

She cut him off midsentence, “I’m working Harry. I really don’t have time for that. I’m sure you understand what it’s like to be busy.”

She made sure to add emphasis on the last sentence. Before he could retort, she turned on her heel and left. Instead of going back to her table she went straight to the employee lounge. Luckily her boss was there. He was sitting at his desk, not facing her.

“Thomas, I know I’m scheduled to work until two but I think I’ve caught a bug.” She stated.

He didn’t even turn to look at her, “Go on home Summer. Be safe.”

She wasted no time getting out of the club. As soon as she was free from the building she held a cab. She got into the back seat and instructed the driver where to go while she typed a message to Chloe.

‘I wasn’t feeling well so I left early.’

The cab ride was short, thankfully. She handed the driver her money and thanked him. Summer ran up the stairs and into her apartment. She shut the door behind her and slid down it to the floor. The tears streamed down her face and she didn’t stop them. After building up her walls, they came crashing down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to europegirl for commenting! And thanks to my 16 subscribers! Don't be shy :P

-Nina