Life and Love

Harry Potter Story : Life and Love : 12

The Thursday before Halloween at 8 was when the first proper D.A meeting was arranged for. That way it was easy for everyone as there were no classes the next day due to the first Ball, and no quiddich. So that night at 7.45 you, Hermione, Harry, Ron, Ginny and Neville went up to make sure everything was ok. As soon as you all walked in, everything was perfect, so you stood with your foot in the door, so that all the others would get into the same room. At 7 everyone began to arrive, and by 5 past everyone was there and the first lesson began.

‘The first spell you are going to be learning is Expeliarmus. It is a spell that nocks the opponent’s wand from their hand. Let me demonstrate, Expeliarmus!’ Harry said throwing the pretend wand from the pretend death eater. Everyone applauded.
‘Thanks, now everyone take out your wands, and copy my action, but don’t say anything yet.’
Everyone began to practise the flicking action. ‘Great. Now everyone line up in front of the Death eater, and we can have our two first goes each, and then we can pair off and practise on each other.’ As asked, everyone formed a neat line. The first to go was Ron, then Hermione, then Pavarti and then you.
‘I want you to imagine someone you don’t like, if you can get the action and command right, and you have the right emotion then you cannot go wrong.’
You watch Ron go, who on his second go managed to get the wand to do a definite squirm. Hermione managed to get it to fall, and Pavarti got it to shake. Then it was your turn.
‘Go on Hannah.’ You heard from Fred behind you.
‘Expeliarmus.’ The wand wiggled a lot like it had for Ron.
‘Good but,’ Harry began, and then came closer to whisper in your ear, ‘imagine that is THE death eater.’ Harry retreated back. ‘Let the feeling fill you up.’
You took a moment, visualizing the vivid memory of the death eater that had killed your mother. You pointed your wand out. ‘Expeliarmus!’ you shouted, the wand shot out of the model death eater’s hand and flew across the room. A cheer broke out around the room, as you felt your cheeks burn a bright red. Harry gave you a massive smile; you received a lot of pats on the back and even a hug from Fred. You went to the back of the room and waited with Ron and Hermione until everyone had had their go. After that, everyone paired up, leaving you with Harry. You practised a few times and then he went off to help everyone else. By the end of the lesson, everyone had got somewhere, and Hermione was happy that she had been very good at it. Which was good for you otherwise she would be in a foul mood.
You went back to the common room and you and Hermione decided to go upstairs chat and listen to music.

‘I can’t believe the ball is only two days away!’ Hermione said excitedly while inspecting her dress.
‘I know!’ you replied enthusiastically.
‘Just think, this time Saturday night we should still be dancing away!’ she said with the biggest grin on her face.
‘You excited to be going with Ron?’ She turned and made a face.
‘Yeah, but nervous all the same, I know we’re best friends but still.’
‘Yeah I know what you mean. Do you know who any of your other three dances will be yet?’
‘Only one, just Harry at the moment, I think the rest will be decided then and there.’
‘Yeah, we have to stay till it finishes, I think Dumbledore wants us to anyway but I’m never one to leave a party early.’
‘Unless you’re with someone.’ She replied with a smirk. You gave her a look, opened your mouth, and closed it again, before deciding on a quick ‘Shut up.’ She just laughed at you.

The next day Angelina used as an opportunity to have a 2 hour training session from 11 till 1, which you did enjoy, but wore you out, and the weather was not that great for it. After that you had lunch, then went and saw the Thestrals with Luna, came back and hung out with Fred discussing the arrangements for the next night, then you talked to Draco for a while, then you walked to dinner with Neville, and after that you were tired and made sure you quickly got the best arm chair in the common room and sat watching the first, second and third years all go down to their ball, all looking very excited, very cute, and very pretty. You and Hermione talked a while about how to do your hair, make up and whether to wear any jewellery. At about 9 Ron and Harry came over and Hermione went up to get their costumes that you had been keeping in your wardrobe, which they then took up to theirs and disappeared for another half an hour, during which you and Hermione talked to some of the 4th year girls about their costumes, before deciding to go up to your dorm and mess around.

The next day you and Hermione somehow managed to sleep right through breakfast, so you both decided to go to the kitchens yourselves, Hermione also taking some of her S.P.E.W items with her to talk to Dobby and some of the others about, that you had helped her make last night. On the way to the portrait you saw a lot of very tired looking first, second, and third years, occasionally stopping to ask them how their nights were, all of which replied with an ‘amazing!’ or ‘Really really good fun.’ Which gave you and Hermione high hopes for that evening.

‘Hey Dobby!’ you said as soon as you spotted him.
‘Hannah! And you brought Miss Hermione!’ Both you and Hermione giggled.
‘Yes it’s me Dobby, I was wandering if I could talk to you for a bit about…’ she began leading him off into a corner of the kitchen.
‘Hey Sparkle. You said getting another elf’s attention. You had nicknamed her this after you had given her an unwanted body glitter set you had received from a distant aunt your last birthday, which you had then given to her due to her love for shiney things. Since, she always had some kind of glitter on her.
‘Miss Hannah! What can I get you?’
‘Just some jam toast and an apple juice if you don’t mind, and could you ask Hermione if she wants anything too?’
She nodded and ran off towards Hermione and Dobby; unfortunately Hermione had made something especially for her so it was 11.30 before you got anything to eat. After that you said goodbye to all the elves and dragged Hermione off to try and find the others.
Lunch wasn’t until 2 that day, as it was the big Halloween feast and they wanted everyone to be as full as possible, as until tomorrow their would only be nibbles in the common room for the other years and party food in the hall for the higher years.

Come 2, You had managed to loose Hermione and Harry somewhere so you and Ron, having the biggest appetites, decided that it would be best if you went and started the feast alone seeing as they didn’t eat as much as the both of you and they didn’t like the first few minutes of you both eating anyway. So you sat down, mid-table, and began piling your plates up and scoffing your faces. 10 minutes later Harry and Hermione appeared and joined you.
Come four, the feast was over. You and Ron both groaning.
‘Urgh I’m going to need 3 hours just to de-bloat.’
‘Me too.’ Ron said, Harry and Hermione laughing at the both of you. The plates were cleared away and you were free to leave, you and Ron holding your stomachs, hoping for a free sofa to lie on when you got to the common room.
You and Ron managed to share a sofa, while you talked to others around you.
‘Come on Hannah, it’s almost 6 we ought to go and start getting ready.’
‘Ok, let me go and talk to Fred quick.’ You got up and walked over to Fred who was sat talking to George, Lee and Seamus in a far corner.

‘Hey Fred, I’m about to go and start getting ready, do you want to meet me down in the entrance at 7?’
‘Yep sure, see you in a bit.’ He gave you a smile and you went back over to Hermione, who yanked you up to your dorm, where Lavender and Pavarti were already getting ready.
‘How long have you guys been up here?’ You asked when Hermione had let go.
‘About an hour.’ Lavender replied.
‘How close are you to being ready?’
‘Just got to put our dresses and shoes on and we are ready, we are meeting our dates at 6.30 as we all agreed to talk for a bit before.’ Pavarti said.
‘Oh cool.’ You said walking over to Hermione who was already getting your dresses out of the wardrobe. ‘They obviously don’t like my get-there-on-time-or-be-fashionably-late motto.’ You thought.
‘Right you go and have your shower now before me as I know how long you will take to do your make up.’ Hermione said in a motherly tone throwing you a towel.
‘Righty-ho’

15 minutes later you came out and Lavender and Pavarti had already gone, Hermione whipping past you and into the bathroom. You dried yourself off with a spell, along with your hair and sat down to start on your make up.
You put a hair band on to stop your hair falling down onto your face, then found your foundation and started putting it on, this took a while as you wanted enough to stay on all through the dancing, but at the same time you didn’t want to come out looking like a drag queen, you had just finished putting some silver glittery eyeliner above your eye when Hermione came out, sitting next to you at the big mirror to do her own.
‘Do you know who Lavender and Pavarti are going with?’ You asked as she began doing her foundation.
‘Lavender is going with Lee, but I’m not too sure about Pavarti, I’ve got a feeling it’s a Ravenclaw though.’
You your first coat of mascara on, put some black eyeliner from the corner of your eye to the middle of your lower lid, and up from the corner a bit too. Then putting another coat of mascara on, and then looked at Hermione, who was putting on natural browns due to the colour of her dress. She then curled her hair, with a spell, and put the top part of it up with a gold clip. Your hair was longer and darker than hers, so you curled yours too, putting a part of the left side back a bit with a silver gemmed slide.
‘Right, we will get you into your dress first.’ Hermione said getting up and getting your dress. ‘I will turn around while you get it on, and then say and I will do the back up.’
‘Ok’
You did the same for her, and you both soon had your shoes on and checking in the mirror and with each other for imperfections.

‘Looks like we are going to be fashionably late.’ Hermione said noticing that it was 3 minutes too.
‘That’s alright; the speech isn’t until 5 past anyway.’ You both let out an excited squeal and made your way down to the common room, which was full of first, second and third years, and made your way out the portrait.