Savanna Black

Chapter 8- The Aftermath

"Savanna must have helped Sirius Black get inside the castle." a giggly blonde from Ravenclaw said.

"Why would she do that?" the other girl from Ravenclaw asked.

"Well, everyone of us haven't been friends with her, have we?" the giggly blonde said.

"Who would want to be friends with her?" her friend asked.

"The Weasley twins are with her." the giggly blonde said.

"I heard Savanna slept with Fred in the Gryffindor common room and the next night, she did George on the Astronomy Tower." her friend said.

"What a slu-.." the giggly blonde said but stopped when I pushed the door of my cubicle open, just as Ginny did on the other side. Ginny looked at me and I took a deep breath and looked away.

"I wouldn't go that far you two, if I were you, unless you want your lives to be peaceful in Hogwarts. I hear you two talk about Savanna and my brothers like that, I would hex you until oblivion." Ginny said.

The two girls looked at Ginny, who continued to glare at them and left the bathroom, leaving me and Ginny alone.

"Thanks." I said and she held my hand and smiled.

"I'm glad you're finally having friends, Sav and you know what? You have a friend in me." Ginny said.

"You have a friend in me too, Gin." I said and she smiled.

We both went out of the bathroom, walking side by side until she made her way to Flitwick's room while I made my way to the library. But stopped when a group of Slytherins cornered me.

"Well, well, if it isn't Little Black." Graham Montague from Slytherin looked at me.

"And if it isn't the hairy Montague." I said.

"You are going to pay for what you did to Draco, Black." he said.

"By what? Cornering me on my own? Scaring me to death?" I mocked as one of them quickly grabbed me and threw my wand away.

"You're not scary without a wand, Black. You're dead." Montague said, looking at me.

"What? Expecting me to flinch or cry?" I asked. "Jinx away, Montague, jinx away." I challenged.

Montague raised his wand and aimed it at me. I stomped my foot on the guy that held me from behind and he let go. I quickly grabbed one dungbomb from my pocket and set it off. I reached out for my wand and successfully reached for it. As soon as I reached for my wand, I instantly aimed a curse at Montague, causing his hairy arms to grew thicker, he almost resembled a Gorilla.

"What is going on here?" Professor Lupin demanded as he appeared and looked at me.

Professor Lupin sent the Slytherin guys to the hospital wing and away from me. Fred and George appeared and looked at us.

"If you two don't mind, I want a word with Savanna." he said.

"Sure, Professor." Fred said.

"See you later, Sav." George said and they both left.

"What happened?" Professor Lupin asked.

"Montague and the rest of them wanted to get me back for cursing Malfoy's ears off." I answered.

"Ah, I've heard about that." he said and smiled. "Your dad is famous for hexing people who annoyed him during his time, Savanna." he added.

"I saw him." I said and he looked at me.

"Who did you see?" he asked.

"My..dad." I answered and his eyes widened.

I really didn't want to talk about this, but I don't know why, it's really easy to open up to him. It was like having a father or an uncle or something like that.

"Well, Savanna, I must say, you really take care of yourself." he said, smiling and looking like a proud father.

"Professor, I was wondering if you could help me." I said and he looked at me.

"As long as it doesn't involve breaking rules." he said and I nodded.

I thought about how to say this and made up my mind. It's not illegal if he doesn't know. I smiled.

"I have been taken with Transfiguration and I found this book in the library, but Madam Pince requires a permission form from a teacher.." I began.

"What book is that, Savanna?" he asked and I told him the title. He looked at me and smiled. "Transfiguration is your favorite subject?" he checked.

"That and Defense Against the Dark Arts." I answered and he smiled.

Professor Lupin handed me the form and I immediately headed to the library to borrow the book and headed to the Great Hall for lunch. A couple of Ravenclaws and Slytherins looked at me. I smirked at the Slytherins.

(FRED's POV)

"Come, my sweet, we must make a report for Miss Black and have her a detention." Mr. Filch said.

"What's she done, now?" I asked and Mr. Filch turned to look at us, holding his cat, Mrs. Norris.

"Dungbomb." he spat and turned to leave. George and I looked at each other.

"Ah, she's living the legacy now." I proudly said and smiled.

"Can I have a word?" Ginny asked, looking at us.

"What's up?" George asked.

"You do know that some Ravenclaw girls have been spreading rumours about what you two do with Savanna?" Ginny asked.

"What do we do with Savanna?" I asked and George looked at her.

"You don't believe them, do you?" George asked.

"Of course not. I'm just telling you two." Ginny answered. "And incidentally, some gang from Slytherins have attacked her." she added.

"Where do you get your news, Gin?" I asked and she rolled her eyes.

"Peeves." Ginny answered. "Anyway, got to go, time for lunch." Ginny added and left.

George and I looked at each other and quietly followed Ginny, making our way to the Great Hall. As soon as we entered the hall, some Ravenclaw girls looked at us and smiled, some batted their eyelashes. George and I tried not to smirk and instead sat on the table and waited for Savanna to arrive.

"Wonder where is she now." I said.

"She's probably brushing her beautiful, black hair." George answered teasingly and chuckled.

"Who are you two talking about?" Lee asked.

"Oh of course, Savanna, who else?" Hermione said and Harry smiled at me.

A few minutes later, George nudged me and nodded at the other direction. Savanna entered the hall, the Slytherins cracked their knuckles at her, she looked at them all and smirked. The Ravenclaw girls looked at her and started whispering and nudging at each other. I spotted Ginny, who took out her wand but Hermione lowered her hand. I stood up and George followed.

"Lunchtime, love!" I called out and stood in front of Savanna, leaving no personal space at all.

"Miss me much?" Savanna asked.

"So much." I said and placed my arm around her shoulder and she held George's hand we walked towards the table.

(SAVANNA's POV)

"You alright, Sav?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah." I answered, looking down at my essay.

"You look distracted." she said as Ron looked at her and me.

"I think I'll finish my homework outside, I cannot do this here." I said and stood up.

"By the lake?" Ron asked me and looked surprised about it.

"I just can't stand it here." I said, grabbed my stuff and went out.

I placed my schoolbag on the grass, next to the lamp that I took from the common room and began to stretch out on the grass, while making my essay. Just when I was about to dot my last "I" on the essay, the lamp went out. Automatically, I grabbed my wand.

"Lumos." I said and rolled my essay.

I used my wand to gather my stuff and placed them in my schoolbag. My eye caught something on my left and immediately I raised my wand and spotted a big black dog.

"Snuffles?" I asked and the dog licked my cheek and sat beside me.

"I haven't introduced myself to you, have I?" I asked and laughed. "My name is Savanna Lily Black. I haven't met my mother and my father. I'm doing my homework here even though it's dark because right now, I cannot stand everyone looking at me and still think that I let my father, Sirius Black in the castle." I added and sighed, absent-mindedly patting Snuffles' head. It placed its head on my shoulder for awhile. I smiled.

"I must sound crazy talking to you, but you're amazing." I said and laughed.

"We know, Sav." I hurriedly craned my neck and spotted the twins.

"What are you doing here?" Fred and I both asked while George sat down beside me and patted Snuffles' head.

"You brought her here?" George asked me.

"No. I don't know, Snuffles just came out of nowhere." I answered.

"You haven't had dinner, Sav. Come on, let's sneak you into the kitchens and feed you." Fred said.

I looked at Snuffles and George rolled his eyes and handed Snuffles some chicken leg. I looked at him, wanting to ask him why the hell does he have a chicken leg with him but he smiled that thoughtful kind of smile and instantly, I now know why some Ravenclaw girls hated me for apparently "sleeping" with George.

"Savanna?" George asked and I shook my head and he chuckled. "I know I'm good looking, Sav. Always have been between Fred and me. Look, the chicken leg was supposedly for you, but I like the idea of sneaking you into the kitchens instead. Besides, Snuffles loves chicken leg." he said.

"Long explanation. Boring." I teased, trying to feign a yawn and he chuckled.

Fred took my bag from me and levitated it towards the common room and we headed to the kitchens.

(GEORGE's POV)

"You're dead, Black!" someone called out and the three of us turned to see Draco, along with two guys, who seem to be always following him around.

"Funny how you always threaten me Draco, but somehow you always end up in the hospital wing. Your arm by the way, I really wish Hagrid's hippogriff tore that off." Savanna said.

Savanna stepped forward and faced Draco, while Draco's friends readied themselves and cracked their knuckles. Fred and I looked at each other.

"You're only brave enough when the blood traitors are beside you." Draco taunted.

"Whereas you needed a gang of Slytherins to attack Savanna." Fred spat.

"I do not speak to blood traitors." Draco spat.

Next thing I know, Fred and I were on the floor and Savanna was standing, raising her wand towards Draco's and his friends' direction.

"Detention, Black!" Professor Snape announced as he appeared.

"Savanna didn't do anything at all, Professor!" I stood up hurriedly, ready to defend Savanna.

"It wasn't Savanna's fault!" Fred backed me up.

"Detention for the two Weasleys as well." Professor Snape said.

"WHAT?! You saw that George and Fred were on the floor! They didn't do anything at all!" Savanna said.

"Arrogance really runs in the family, doesn't it, Black?" Professor Snape asked.

"If there was anyone who's arrogant, Snivellus..." Savanna began but her eyes widened. Professor Snape looked at her, his eyes flashing dangerously.

"Perhaps we should make it a double detention Miss Black." Professor Snape said and turned to face Draco and his friends and bent to check on them.

"Come on, Sav." Fred said and looked at me.

I saw Savanna was at the breaking point and I think a very mad Savanna won't do any her good at all, especially in the presence of Professor Snape, who's as unfair as ever to Gryffindor and Savanna. I nodded and took Savanna's hand, our fingers interlacing. Fred led us away from that corridor and we walked. A very mad Savanna was still muttering a lot of profanities but was still holding onto my hand. That felt good, I smiled.

"What are you smiling at?!" Savanna demanded, looking at me. Fred turned his back and looked at us. He was smirking.

"Uhm..nothing." I said.

"Don't nothing me, George." Savanna said.

"I've seen a lot of girls who get mad and I mean really mad like you are right now, Sav, but nothing compares to them. You're still beautiful." I said. I saw Fred smiling and turned his back on us.

"What?" Savanna asked.

"Uh..nothing." I answered.

"Fine." Savanna said and walked. I could feel she was still angry and is possibly angry at me as well, but she didn't let go of my hand. I walked beside her.

"Are you following me?" she asked, looking at me.

"You're holding my hand, Sav." I said, trying to sound casual but smiled widely. She looked down at our hands and let go. She opened her mouth and then closed it. "Speechless, Sav? That's alright, you can always hold onto my hand if you need someone good-looking to hold hands with while walking down the corridors." I teased.

Savanna looked at me, flipped her long, black and beautiful hair and walked away, leaving me behind. I inhaled and caught a whiff of strawberry, possibly from Savanna.

(SAVANNA's POV)

"Join us for breakfast, Sav!" Ginny called out as soon as I entered the hall.

"Thanks." I said and sat beside her.

"Fred and George are already down the pitch." Ginny said, looking at me.

"Ah, that's good. I bet they are excited." I said and tried to eat.

"I heard you have another detention with Snape." she said and Ron and Hermione looked at me. Neville passed me some rolls, which I took. I smiled at him. He returned my smile and went back to his food.

"Old Snivellus and his unfairness to non-Slytherins." I said.

"What happened, Savanna?" Hermione asked and I told them what happened.

"Gits." Ron said, eying Draco, Goyle and Crabbe.

"Double detention with Snape though." Ginny said, looking at me worriedly.

"Yeah, well, Snivellus lurves Black." I said and laughed out loud.

I went down to the pitch with Ginny, who told me funny things that I felt like I was hanging out with Fred and George as well. Ginny and her happy disposition.

"I better go and wish Fred and George luck." I said and Ginny looked at me and smiled. Something in her smile made me wonder if she believes that I either have feelings for Fred or George.

I went down the pitch and headed to the dressing room, where I spotted Fred and George talking to each other on the corner. I coughed to get their attention. George immediately fell silent while Fred smiled.

"Nice of you to join us here, Sav." Fred said.

"I just wanted to wish you two goodluck." I said and smiled.

"Ah, thank you, Sav!" Fred said. "You know, I think I need a word with Harry." he added and left me with George.

"What?" he asked.

"Uhm..okay, never mind." I said and turned my back against George.

"I'm just kidding, Savanna!" George said and pulled me closer to him, so that I was standing a few inches apart from him. I looked up and saw him smiling at me. That kind of smile that caused butterflies to appear in my stomach.

"Well, goodluck, George." I said and he looked at me.

"Don't I get a kiss?" he asked cheekily and I raised my eyebrows.

"I'm telling you I'm in love with Fred.." I said and then leaned towards the door. "..who's behind this door listening to you and me." I added and pulled the door open, revealing Fred, who looked at his twin.

"Well, I better go." George said.

"Wait.." I said and George looked at me. "Goodluck." I added.

"How many times should you have to wish me luck, Savanna?" he asked, with a smirk.

"A lot of times, maybe?" I asked, smiling.

"Oh for heaven's sake, you two!" Fred complained and we looked at him.

"What?" George and I both asked.

"Just kiss already!" Fred said.

I rolled my eyes and went out of the dressing room and headed my way back to the stands so I can watch the game. I squeezed past Lavender and Parvati, then went on to sit with Ginny. Soon, the game was starting, while most of the people are cheering for the teams, I found myself looking at Cedric Diggory. I squinted and spotted George. I smirked.

"You like Diggory?" Ginny asked me.

I was about to react to Ginny's question when everything went cold and I felt like all those sad memories start to come out. I looked around and spotted dementors. I took a deep breath and next thing I knew, everything I saw was black.

(FRED's POV)

"What's up George?" I asked as we made our way back to the hospital wing.

"Nothing, just wondering if Savanna would love these tarts." George answered. I rolled my eyes, making sure he could see it.

"You fancy her." I said.

"So?" he asked.

"So, why don't you tell her?" I asked.

"Just give it time, you know me. I might fancy another girl next week." George said and I nodded.

"Blimey, though, Harry and Savanna passing out." I said.

"I know." George agreed and we made our way to the hospital wing.

"Think Pomfrey will let us in?" I asked and he shrugged.

“What are you two doing here?” Madam Pomfrey asked.

“Good evening, Madam Pomfrey. We want to see Savanna Black.” I said coolly.

“It’s late.” she said.

“But we still have a few minutes. We just need to make sure she eats.” George said.

“Are you telling me I am starving her?” she asked.

“No, you’re doing an excellent job, Madam. But this is Savanna we’re talking about.” I said.

“Oh, alright. Personally, I think she’s more of her father.” Madam Pomfrey said and eyed us. “You didn’t bring any toilet seat, did you?” she checked.

“We don’t give out the same presents to people, Madam Pomfrey. We only brought Savanna her favorite tart and some get well soon card.” George said.

“And the card, is it hygienic?” she checked.

“It is.” I said and she finally conceded.

We entered the hospital wing, spotted a sleeping Harry and a sitting Savanna, who was brushing her hair. She placed her brush down when she spotted us.

“We brought you something.” George said as he sat beside her.

“Is it news that I can finally go?” she asked hopefully.

“No.” I said and George and I both handed her tarts and a get well soon card.

“Thanks, boys.” Savanna said and smiled at us.

We talked to Savanna until Madam Pomfrey shooed us out. Before we could go, however, George leaned down to Savanna and touched her cheek, then left before Savanna could ever do something to him. We walked back to the corridor.

“You do like her. Ask her out!” I said.

“No.” George said.

“Why not?” I asked.

“What are you two doing here?! You two should be in bed!” Percy barked.

“Relax, Perce! Can’t we just walk on the corridor without you barking?” I teased.

“I’m writing mom!” he called out.

“And tell her what, exactly? We were making our way back to the common room. We just had to visit..”

“Savanna Black, of course! Do you have any idea that she’s Sirius Black’s daughter?” he butted in.

“Crystal clear idea, Perce. But you know what? She’s actually fun to have around.” I said.

“And we just love snogging her. You mad?” George teasingly added.