Savanna Black

Chapter 7- The Sirius Black Scare

"Hey, Hermione!" I greeted and then looked for Harry but couldn't see him anywhere, Ron looked at me but said nothing. "Where's Harry?" I asked.

"Oh, he's not allowed to go." Hermione answered and I nodded.

"Why are you allowed to go?" Ron asked me as George grabbed my scarf, which flew.

"I had my permission form signed." I answered and Ron began to say something but Hermione stirred him away.

"Come on, Ron, this way. Sav, see you later!" Hermione said.

"He's really mental." George said as he placed my scarf around my neck. I smiled at him.

"I think he's just concerned that the two of you hang around me, when my father's a murderer."

"Nonsense, Sav. Fred and I may cross the line most of the time.." George began.

"Try all the time, George, will you?" I interrupted and he chuckled.

"Fine all the time, but we know you're a good person. We know that just because someone's bad in the family doesn't mean everyone is too. I mean look at us, Bill, Charlie and Percy are all headboys. If everyone in the family is the same.." he began and I laughed out loud, trying to imagine Fred and George as headboys.

"I know, none of you will be here with me and none of you will get into trouble with me." I said.

"I still can't believe you two didn't wake me." Fred said for the nth time as we walked towards Hogsmeade.

"I intended to come alone." I said.

"And I had just grabbed some water but was too lazy to come right back so I decided to sleep on the couch." George said and I saw Fred studying his twin.

"Aren't you creeped out when you do that?" I asked him.

"Do what?" George asked.

"I meant Fred. He's been looking at you like.." I began.

"Nothing." Fred dismissed.

'Don't be mad at us, Fred." I said.

"I'm not. Hey! There's Zonko's!" Fred said and he and George dragged me inside.

We bought some stink pellets, Filibuster's Firecrackers and everything we could get our hands on. Fred and George were busy talking to the guy behind the counter when I spotted the same big black dog that I remembered I once saw in the Leaky Cauldron.

"Hey, you two don't mind if I go out and grab something to eat?" I asked.

"Or you can wait for us." Fred said.

"Fine." I said but as soon as the two went back to talking to the guy, I walked out of Zonko's and headed to where the dog was sitting.

I looked back and saw Fred and George laughing with the guy behind the counter inside Zonko's and spotted some of my classmates and other students from Hogwarts. I sat on a bench and a few minutes later, the big black dog faced me.

"Hello, you.. what are you doing here?" I asked and patted its head. The dog's tail wagged.

"I'm sorry I don' thave anything to give you, but I might give you food later, if we do see each other." I said and continued to pat the dog's head. It looked at me and studied me for awhile. If ever that was a normal dog behavior.

"There you are, Sav!" Fred called out.

"You really want McGonagall to have our butts, Sav. Come on, Sav. Keep close to us or I might have to tie..." George began but stopped and looked at me as though he had just seen me.

"What?" I asked and scratched the dog's chin.

"Is this your dog?" George asked.

"No, but he's so cute!" I answered.

"Oh, blimey, here we go!" George said and threw his hands in the air.

"I'm not going to ask you if I could keep it, George. Shut it." I said and looked at the dog. "Well, I guess this is goodbye for you and me, Snuffles." I said.

"Snuffles. SNUFFLES!" Fred called out and he and George laughed. "She calls him Snuffles!"

"I am not going to have that dog in our house, Sav." George said.

"What?" I demanded and looked at him. Fred broke the eye contact that George and I shared when he laughed out loud. George joined in.

I shook my head and began to walk, but the dog stood upright and had its paws on my arms, as though it was going to hug me. I chuckled and hugged it. The twins gave me a tour of Hogsmeade and we ended up sitting inside Madam Rosmerta's.

"Ah, here you are again!" a lovely lady came over to greet the twins.

"Ah, Madam Beautiful! This is our friend, Savanna Black." Fred said and George beamed at me.

"Hi." I greeted and the lovely lady, looked at me and then studied me for a few minutes.

"Yes, Madam Beautiful, she's Sirius Black's daughter, but don't bite her head off. She's nice. Can we have butterbeers..?" George asked.

"No free butterbeer for you two Weasleys but one butterbeer for Miss Black, on the house." she said and left to get the butterbeers.

"What was all that about?" Fred asked me.

"I don't know." I answered.

Madam Rosmerta handed us our butterbeers but refused to answer questions about my free butterbeer. The twins and I talked and practically cracked up all the time, laughing boisterously and only stopped when Madam Rosmerta came over.

"Can I have a word with you in private?" she asked me.

"Yeah sure, maybe if you give us free butterbeers." Fred teased.

"Not a chance, boys." she said and looked at me.

"I suppose, yes." I said.

I followed Madam Rosmerta to the back of her pub, ignoring the looks I got from Fred, George and everyone else.

"You're just like Harry Potter, if what everyone's saying is true." she said.

"I'm sorry?" I asked, confused at what this woman was talking about.

"They say Harry Potter looked like his father." she said and realization came. I nodded.

"My father doesn't know about me." I said and she nodded.

"You look just like him. I remembered he and his friend would always come here and try to ask for free butterbeers, but I of course do not hand out free butterbeers. Although I did promise your father that I would give his son or daughter one." she said.

"So you know who my father is?" I asked and she smiled.

"Sirius Black of course." she said and I nodded. "But don't worry, your secret is safe with me and anytime you're passing, Savanna." she added with a smile and led me back inside.

(FRED's POV)

"Oh, there you are. So, do we get free butterbeers?" I asked Madam Rosmerta as George finished Savanna's butterbeer.

"No." Madam Rosmerta said and winked at Savanna.

"Is there anything we should know?" George asked Savanna.

"About?" she asked.

"Don't play dumb, Sav. It doesn't fit you." I said and Savanna smirked.

"You know I think I want to go back to the castle already." George said.

"You two can go ahead. I'm just going to look for Snuffles." Savanna said.

"Hell we are." George said and looked at Savanna.

"What?" she asked.

"You're not going alone." I said.

"What's the worst that could happen?" she asked and George and I looked at her. "Well, I'm not going back to the castle without giving Snuffles some food." she added.

"You could be so demanding." I said.

"I only demand that." Savanna said and George sighed.

"Suit yourself." George said and stood up. We both looked at him. "Are we going to get that Snuffles some food or not?" he asked.

"So impatient." Savanna and I both said and then the three of us laughed.

Savanna bought some food and the three of us looked for that big black dog that Savanna liked to call Snuffles.

(GEORGE's POV)

"Hang on, a few more steps and we're officially out of Hogsmeade and far, far from school. Sav, we really shouldn't..." I began but stopped and turned to see Savanna looking out on the bushes.

"What is she up to now?" I asked Fred.

"Best time to check her out, George." Fred said, nodded at Savanna, who was bending on the bushes. Fred winked at me and I rolled my eyes.

"SNUFFLES!" Savanna called out and a big black dog came out of the bushes.

"Oh, blimey, here we go." I said and looked at Savanna. "Tell me you're not going to cry when we leave Snuffles here." I added.

"Hey, be nice, George." Fred said, elbowing me.

"I am nice." I said and looked at Savanna, who was now handing Snuffles some chicken leg.

For a moment I looked at her and saw how caring she is to that dog, that she doesn't even own. A soft breeze blew and her long, beautiful, black hair danced with it. The dog licked her face and Savanna laughed. For the first time, I heard a different laugh, something that tells me she is happier. Geez, what am I thinking about?! I looked at Fred, who was looking at me.

"What?" I demanded in a hushed voice.

"I am right." Fred said and smiled knowingly at me.

"Savanna Lily Black, we better go or we're going to miss the feast." I said.

"Coming, DAD." Savanna said and Fred laughed at me.

The three of us walked back towards the middle of the village, where we ran into our fellow Howartians. Fred headed towards Lee, who was all smiles, leaving me alone with Savanna.

"You alright?" I asked Savanna.

"Yeah." she answered and looked away.

"No, you're not." I said and placed my arm around her shoulder. "Tell me." I added.

"What to tell?" she asked.

"What's on your mind?" I asked and she looked at me.

"Nothing." Savanna answered and walked away faster but since I have longer legs, I reached her.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm telling you, nothing's wrong." Savanna said.

"Lies." I said and held her arm.

"George, let me go or I'm going to hex you." Savanna said.

"Hex away." I said. She pulled out her wand and aimed at me, but hesitated.

"Well, well, Black, if you're going to curse a Weasley do it faster. We all know Hogwarts should have been blood traitor-free. Weasley-free." Draco sneered as he appeared along with his fellow Slytherins.

I pulled my wand from my pocket but stopped when I saw Savanna's face. She looked so angry, she could kill Draco with her bare hands and also, she looked so beautiful.

"Expellia--" Draco began but Savanna parried his disarming spell. Draco looked at her, frightened.

Savanna must have used a nonverbal spell again and next thing we knew, Draco's ears turned into rabbit's ears. His friends looked at Savanna, some were frightened and some were ready to attack her. I stood in front of her and shielded her. Everyone else looked at us and stopped, while Fred and Lee hurriedly came over.

"What is going on here?" everyone turned and saw Professor McGonagall and Professor Snape.

"She attacked Draco." Pansy said, pointing at Savanna.

"That Malfoy git disarmed her." I snarled.

"Liar." Pansy said.

"Ah, go and drown on the lake, Pugface Parkinson!" Savanna yelled.

"Sav, calm down." I said.

"CALM DOWN?! You wanted to bloody calm down when that Pugface called you a liar!" Savanna called out and raised her wand but I quickly snatched it from her.

"GEORGE FABIAN WEASLEY GIVE ME BACK MY WA--.." Savanna yelled loudly.

"Miss Black, I want you in my office. Now." Professor McGonagall interrupted, looking at her sternly.

"Perhaps it is best if you get another detention with me, Miss Black." Professor Snape said.

"Miss Black, NOW." Professor McGonagall urgently said. "And you too, Mr. Weasley." she added. Fred stepped forward. "I meant the Weasley that Miss Black is shouting at." she added and Fred smirked at me.

"Twenty points from Gryffindor, for being arrogant Miss Black." Professor Snape said.

"Yeah, what-.." Savanna began but I covered her mouth and dragged her with me. She bit my hand and I let out an "OW" that got McGonagall looking at us.

"I just stepped on my foot, Professor." I said and Professor McGonagall shook her head and continued to lead us to her office.

"Sit." Professor McGonagall told us and we sat down. I eyed the Ginger Newt on the platter and almost wanted to smile but Professor McGonagall looked at me. "Now, tell me what happened."

Savanna and I told Professor McGonagall what happened. She was mad at how Savanna reacted but somehow, I could see her getting teary-eyed.

"Now, you two best be off back to your common room and get ready for the feast. And Savanna?" she asked as Savanna stopped and turned to face her. "Next time, don't go around hexing people like this person I used to know." she added and Savanna nodded.

Savanna and I made our way to the common room, but before we could walk on the stairs that led us to the common room, I grabbed her hand and pulled her inside an unused classroom.

"What the hell?!" she demanded.

"You have to control that temper of yours, Savanna." I said.

"And who are you to tell me that?!" she demanded.

"Look, clearly you're mad at me, so tell me why and I promise I would apologize and I won't do it again." I said.

"I'm not mad at you, George! In case you didn't notice, when I am mad at people, I hex them! You saw what I did to Malfoy and if you haven't stopped me.." she said.

"Not in front of Snape and McGonagall." I butted in and she exhaled.

"You're right. I'm sorry." Savanna said.

"Did you really just say you're sorry?" I asked, smiling.

"Shut it, George. Don't make me hex you too." she said and we both went out of the classroom.

"You two done getting cozy?" Fred demanded as we both emerged from the door.

"Cozy? Me? George?" Savanna asked, shaking her head. "You know you're the one I am in love with, Fred." Savanna teased and smiled. I looked away.

"So, are we going to the feast or what?" I asked.

"Before we go, I have something for you two." Savanna said.

"What's that?" Fred and I both asked and Savanna smiled and placed something on our palms.

"Ginger Newts!" we both yelled and Savanna smiled, her eyes twinkling.

"McGonagall's." Savanna said.

"How?" I asked, clearly remembering that McGonagall didn't offer us any.

"Ask me nothing and I'll tell you no lies, George." Savanna said. "So, I guess I'll see you two at the feast, I need to go up to put my stuff.." she began, showing us the stuff she bought from Hogsmeade.

"She's wicked cool." I said.

"And you know you like her." Fred said.

"You do." I said and Fred chuckled as we both ate the Ginger Newts that Savanna stole from McGonagall.

(SAVANNA's POV)

I felt good after having given the twins something that they could enjoy. After all, they have given me something that made Hogwarts feel like home. From a distance, I could hear people from the Great Hall being noisy. The feast has began. I hurriedly went to the common room but stopped when I spotted someone wearing tattered and filthy robe, someone who's thin and looked a bit old and weak. He had long, black hair and was holding a knife, in front of the Fat Lady's portrait. I froze when I spotted him slashing through the canvas. My eyes widened and my heart started hammering so fast it was painful, when the man turned to face me. For the first time, I realized I was looking at my father. He looked at me, I stepped back and wanted to yell but no voice was coming out from my mouth. He stepped forward but he didn't do anything, instead he just looked at me and ran past.

"Hey, Sav! What's going.." Fred asked but stopped when he saw the canvas.

"Did you do that?" a fellow Gryffindor asked and looked at me. "You're mad, Black!" she said.

"Watch who you're calling mad!" George said angrily and the fellow Gryffindor rolled her eyes and walked away.

"Savanna..Savanna.." Fred said, shaking me gently.

"I.. I..What..Uhm.." I said and sank on the floor, covering my face.

"Come on, let's get you out of here." George said and pulled me to my feet gently.

But before we can get out of there, Professor Dumbledore arrived and ordered everyone to proceed to the Great Hall. He informed the students from other houses that they needed to search the entire school and gave out sleeping bags.

"Come on, Sav." Fred said, pulling me and getting two sleeping bags. I, however, stepped away from him and approached Professor Dumbledore.

"P-professor, c-can I have a word with you?" I asked and he looked at me.

"Can it wait?" he asked and I looked down. "Very well, I assume we can talk on that corner." he added.

Professor Dumbledore and I walked over to the corner and stopped. He looked at me while I looked around, making sure no one can hear. He looked at me expectantly.

"After I cursed Draco, Professor McGonagall asked me to get into her office with George and we did. And then, George and I stopped to talk and then I told him and Fred to go ahead on the feast whiel I put my stuff inside the dormitory...and I saw.." I said and looked down.

"Your father." Professor Dumbledore finished. I looked up at him, to see if he was angry or something.

"I should have yelled, but I couldn't, I just stood there, frozen with shock.." I explained.

"What did he do?" he asked.

"He looked at me and ran." I answered.

"You need the hospital wing, Miss Black, perhaps a calming draught." Professor Dumbledore said.

"I'm fine, sir, thank you." I said.

"If you say so, Miss Black. Now go and try to get some sleep." he said and I looked at him. "I don't want to put you in any situation at all, so this would be a secret." he added.

"Thank you, Professor." I said and he smiled.

I headed back to the Great Hall and spotted Percy, who was standing guard. He looked at me.

"Where have you been? You should have been sleeping." Percy told me.

"I.." I began.

"But she's here now, Perce. Now be a gentleman and a good Headboy and leave Savanna alone." George said and led me to my sleeping bag, where he and Fred took my right and left flanks.

"Thanks, guys." I said.