Remedy

Lovers Forever; Cher

Callie smiled as she hiked Dana up higher on her hip,she ran her index finger down the baby's nose making her giggle. With her free hand she stirred the pasta on the stove and watched as Jamie's truck pulled into the driveway. She moved to the fridge and pulled the chicken and set it on the counter as the front door opened and closed, she heard Jamie call out that he was home which made her smile as she turned just in time for him to place a kiss on her lips as he walked in the kitchen.

He glanced between her and the baby on her hip quizzically which made Callie chuckle and explain, “I told Cor we'd babysit her for a few hours. Kent wanted to take her out for dinner.”

Jamie nodded slowly, ruffling Dana's hair which made her giggle again. He then turned to the chicken, “I'm assuming I'm grilling tonight?”

Callie nodded and shifted Dana once again, which made Jamie smile and take his soon to be niece from his fiance's arms and in one swift motion had the baby in his arms and the plate of chicken in his hand. Callie watched as he made his way out the patio doors, closing the door with his foot. She leaned against the counter and watched as he heated up the grill and made faces at Dana, bouncing her around and from what she could hear he was singing very off key to her. She smiled to herself as she went back to stirring the pasta, and chopping vegetables, every so often she would turn and watch Jamie with her niece, the smile never leaving her face.

- - -

Jamie smiled as he looked down at Callie, who was curled into his side on the couch. He watched as she ran her hand gently over Dana's stomach, Jamie shifted the baby in his arms and pressed a kiss to Callie's head.

Callie leaned up slightly to look at him, “how was practice?”

“Alright. Long.” Jamie said, making Callie smile lightly. Callie knew that Jamie liked to keep his work life private from his personal life, it had always been like that. He was passionate about hockey but he didn't want to be one of those guys that talked about hockey 24/7 so he liked to keep the two as separate as he could. He had only gotten home from playing in Europe a few days ago and was still adjusting, practices were throwing him off, but Callie knew he was glad to be home in Dallas and getting back into playing for the Stars. It wasn't hard to see the mood shift in him over the past few weeks. Callie could tell just from the endless Skype dates, texts and phone calls that he was miserable in Europe, he would always tell her it was because she wasn't there with him, but she knew it was more than that.

She glanced up again at him and smiled as he asked, “how was your day?”

“Good. I went with Cora to her doctors appointment and we picked up some groceries.” Callie said softly, shifting against Jamie's side. She looked down at her niece again, who was fast asleep, and smiled, running her hand over her stomach again.

Jamie smiled at her and looked at Dana before he said very softly so not to wake the baby, “lets have one of these.”

Callie smiled, “one day.”

“Now.” Jamie said, making Callie look up at him to find him watching her, very serious.

She smiled and leaned into him again, “once we're married.”

“Promise?” Callie smiled and nodded at his question and brought her hand up to his face, brushing his cheek with her thumb. She smiled as he kissed her softly before he said, “like right after we get married?”

Callie chuckled, “we'll see when the time comes. Right now we have seven months left.”

“Then we can have lots of practice.” Jamie said grinning at her. Callie laughed again as the front door of the house opened and closed.

Kelly came around the corner and smiled at them, “that's a good look.”

Jamie grinned, Callie simply rolled her eyes and exclaimed, “don't give him any more ideas please!”

Kelly shrugged as she sat down in the chair that was next to the couch before she said, “it's not like it's not gonna happen eventually.”

Callie simply stared at Kelly, eyes narrowed before she said, “yes but I would like to fit into my wedding dress thank you, plus I want to wait until we're married to have kids.”

“It's not like you're gonna be wearing that dress all that long anyway.” Jamie said smirking at her. Kelly rolled her eyes at him, and Callie simply narrowed her own.

Instead of saying anything Callie rested her head on Jamie's shoulder, smiling as he wrapped his arm tighter around her and kissed her head. Kelly excused herself to go to bed, and Callie finally said, “I'm glad you're home.”

“Me too.” Jamie said softly before he added, “I missed your cooking.”

Callie smiled and leaned up to kiss his lips, “I bet you did.”

“It's not the only thing I missed.” Callie raised an eyebrow at this which made Jamie smile. He then said, “I missed this.” He leaned down, capturing her lips in a soft kiss, before he added, “and I really missed coming home to you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
New story heyooo.....
:)
Comments would be lovely