Sequel: Before the Storm
Status: Complete as of 5/31/14

Chasing Cars

Weekend With The Gaskarths

"Hey mom, Vic told me you called." I said as I laid back on my bed.

"Yeah honey. I was wondering if you and Ben are still coming down this weekend, you know with your car accident I thought maybe you wouldn't." My mom said.

"I'm fine mom, don't worry. It was really nothing." I assured him. "Besides, Ben's really looking forward to this weekend. It's been awhile since we've been there and I miss you guys."

"We miss you too baby boy. Oh and by the way, bring Jack over. We really want to meet him."

"Alright mom. I love you."

"Love you too sweetheart. See ya Saturday!"

I hung up and sighed. I heard Vic chuckle from the doorway of my bedroom and I jumped at his sudden intrusion. I shook my head as he walked over to me and sat down next to me, still laughing a bit.

"What are you eavesdropping for? Shouldn't you be making a doctor's appointment?" I questioned Vic.

"You never gave me the number and I came in to ask for it. Or do I have to search your room?" Vic told me angrily and I held my hands up in surrender.

"Hey, calm yourself bro, I'll look for it and I'll call for you. Now calm down, and lay down. Rest a little or not at all." I told him gently while looking through my phone contacts.

"Don't tell me what to do, Alexander." Vic huffed.

I rolled my eyes and dialed the hospital's number, waiting until the receptionist answered. While I made the appointment, I watched as Vic walked around my room and looked at the pictures I have of all of us when we were younger, up until our last day together before we all split up. I noticed a tear roll down Vic's cheek and a soft smile on his face. After confirming the date with Vic, I hung up and walked over to him.

"You miss them right?" I asked him gently, watching as he held the picture frame delicately.

"I just miss those days when we were younger." Vic sighed, looking at me with sad eyes, a few tears rolling down his cheeks.

"I know, I do too." I smiled at him softly and pulled him into a hug.

The weekend arrived quickly and right now Ben and I were waiting for Jack to arrive so we could go to my mom's house. Ben was tired and cranky and I sighed as I picked him up to hopefully get him to sleep. Ben cuddled into me and sighed tiredly as I sat down on the couch.

"So when are you leaving?" Vic asked me as he sat down next to me.

"Anxious to kick me out? Don't worry Jack's like five minutes away now." I told him.

Just then the doorbell rang and Vic went to go open the door. Jack walked in with a smile and I stood up with Ben in my arms.

"Sorry I'm late, but there's a bit of traffic because of an accident." Jack said as he pecked my lips and picked up mine and Ben's bags.

"It's fine. Let's leave before Vic kicks us out though." I joked.

"It's not that I'm kicking you out, but you do realize it's like six in the morning on a fu-freaking Saturday, I'm pregnant, moody and tired?" Vic listed off, pushing us out towards the door.

"Whoa, Sleeping Beauty needs his sleep. Let's leave before he turns into the beast." I joked.

"Wrong story, baby." Jack told me as we walked outside to his car.

"Oops." I shrugged and chuckled before setting Ben in the backseat and strapping him in before handing him his rabbit.

A two hour drive later and Jack was pulling up at my parent's house. The driveway had two other cars, both belonging to my parents. We got out of the car and Jack picked up Ben while I walked ahead and rang the doorbell. Jack walked up to me with a half awake Ben resting on his hip. I smiled and the door opened, revealing my mom smiling wide as she pulled me into a hug.

"Oh sweetie I've missed you so much!" She gushed.

"Hi mom." I chuckled and hugged her back.

"And you must be Jack. It's so nice to finally meet you." My mom told Jack, shaking his hand.

"It's nice to meet you too, Mrs.Gaskarth." Jack smiled.

"Oh sweetie, just call me Isobel."

We walked inside and Ben lifted his head from Jack's shoulder, finally taking in his surroundings and he smiled when he spotted my mom.

"Gwandma!" Ben cheered, stretching his arms out towards her.

"Hi kiddo." My mom smiled and kissed Ben's head.

"So where's dad?" I asked my mom as we sat on the couch in the living room.

"He was making some business calls, should be down soon." My mom said as she set Ben down who walked over to Jack and climbed onto his lap.

Later that afternoon, Jack and I were in my old bedroom while my parents had taken Ben out for awhile. Jack and I were cuddling while I told him stories from my times here.

"So where are your other friends now?" Jack asked me, playing with my hair.

"Don't really know, we lost touch a few months ago. I do know that Jenna started a band. She called me like two weeks ago and said she meet a few guys and they formed a band and that they dropped out of college." I shrugged.

"You know my friend Rian and I wanted to start a band back when we were in high school, but we didn't have a singer." Jack told me, chuckling lightly at the end and I smiled.

"That would've been a great idea." I agreed.

Later that day, Ben ran into the bedroom and climbed on the bed happily, laying down in between Jack and I. Ben started to chat away about his day, letting us reply to him occasionally. I just smiled and watched as Ben cuddled into Jack and talked until he eventually tired himself out and fell asleep. Jack chuckled quietly and moved Ben off of him gently and leaning down to kiss his forehead. Jack and I walked out of the room and I shut the door behind us. Jack stopped me in the hall and pinned me against the wall, leaning down a bit to peck my lips.

"You know, I can't wait until we have our own kids." Jack mumbled quietly into my ear.

"Whoa, slow down there baby. We've only been dating for a week." I told him in a bit of a panic.

"I know, but in a few years down the road."

I just smiled and pecked his lips once more before walking downstairs to help my mom with dinner.

The weekend passed by quickly and by Sunday afternoon, we were heading back home. When Ben and I walked up to the apartment, we found Vic and Kellin arguing about something stupid. I rolled my eyes and ushered Ben into his room to get him ready for bed. Vic walked in just as I was tucking Ben into his bed.

"Hi kiddo, no kiss for me?" Vic pouted as he sat down next to the child.

"Duh!" Ben giggled and leaned up slightly to kiss Vic's cheek.

"Night kid." Vic told Ben and then walked away.

"Daddy?"

"Yeah honey?" I asked Ben as I stroked his hair.

"Who's he?" Ben asked me, pulling a picture from under his pillow and handing it to me.

I took the picture with shaky hands and gasped. It was a picture of Trent and I, a month before we broke up.

"W-Where'd you get this, Ben?" I asked him, looking up at Ben who was looking at me with wide eyes.

"I-I found it. Daddy-"

"Sweetie, don't ask me about him again. He's a bad man and if you ever see him around, tell me or one of the guys."

Ben pouted but nodded anyways. He cuddled back into his blankets and I left with the picture in my hands, ripping it up as I walked into my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay for updates!!!