Sequel: Before the Storm
Status: Complete as of 5/31/14

Chasing Cars

Christmas Surprises

It's finally Christmas today and even though I'm so excited for Jack to finally know the truth, I feel miserable at the same time. I woke up feeling worse than usual, like not-being-able-to-keep-anything-down bad. And not to mention that my hormones were all over the place.

"Daddy." Ben whined as I attempted to get him dressed.

"Sweetie, stand still. Everyone will be here soon and we're still not ready." I told Ben who stomped his feet and whined a bit more. "Benjamin."

"No!" He yelled and I sighed, rubbing my temples tiredly.

"Ben, stop." I scolded him.

Jack walked in and placed his hand on my back. I looked over at him and noticed that he was already changed.

"Go get ready baby, I'll handle the little troublemaker." Jack told me and pecked my lips.

I nodded and walked into my room to get changed. The doorbell rang just as I was pulling up my black skinny jeans which were becoming impossible to wear anymore.

"Alex, could you get that?!" Jack yelled.

"I'm a little busy, Jack!" I yelled back, struggling to button my jeans. "Fuck."

The doorbell rang again and I could hear Ben screaming and Jack scolding him while I just stood here trying to button my jeans.

"Alexander!" He yelled again.

"Unless you want me to open the fucking door in my underwear, I suggest you leave me alone!" I shouted and gave up, just taking off my jeans and tossing them across the room. "Stupid jeans. Stupid Jack and his stupid dick. Stupid me for not reminding him to wear a stupid condom." I mumbled as I searched through my closet for a pair of my older jeans that were two sizes bigger than the ones I used to wear.

I heard feet stomping down the stairs as the doorbell went off another two times and I managed to actually pull up my jeans and button them before sighing and looking for a shirt to wear.

"Hey, what's with making your guests wait out in the cold?" I heard Kellin's big mouth tell Jack.

"We were busy." Jack simply mumbled.

The only reason why Vic and Kellin are here is because neither of their parents live around the area anymore. Vic's parents moved back to San Diego a couple months ago because of Vic's dad's job relocating him back there. Kellin's mom moved to Michigan with his siblings after she divorced her husband two years ago after Kellin started college. Mike's spending the night with his girlfriend's family though we did invite him to come over.

"Daddy?" Ben walked in fully dressed as I was doing my hair and I looked over at him.

"What's up sweetheart?" I smiled down at him and he gripped the bottom of my shirt tightly.

"No leave me." He whimpered and I patted his head.

"Of course not, Benji. Now come on." I held Ben's hand as we walked downstairs where Kellin and Jack were talking about something.

"Well look who finally showed up." Vic joked and I glared at him, feeling Ben press himself more into my side. "Why so shy, Benji?"

"My daddy." Ben frowned and placed a hand on my stomach.

"So now I'm yours, but earlier you were begging me to go away." I told Ben as I sat down next to Jack who pulled the child between us.

"Do you think your dad is coming?" Vic asked me.

"I know I sound mean and very rude, but I hope not. I don't want to see him after what he's said to me." I sighed while running a hand through Ben's hair.

Of course though, to my luck he did show up. I was the one who opened the door and once I did, his eyes landed on my stomach, making me a bit self-conscious as he stared.

"Merry Christmas sweetheart." My mom smiled as she pulled me into a hug and kissed my cheek.

"Merry Christmas mom." I mumbled, my eyes not leaving my father as I let them inside.

Jack walked over with Ben in his arms and he looked at me. I nodded and he greeted my mom, my dad completely ignoring him. I bit my lip and Ben looked at me sadly. I just gave him a smile and waited for Jack's parents and siblings to get here. Once they did, my mom and Jack's mom helped me.

"Sweetie, I'm sorry for bringing your father, but he tagged along." My mom said. "And besides, it's Christmas Eve."

"I know mom, I just wished he'd at least fake his excitement to be here." I told her.

After dinner, we were all talking and having a great time until my dad said he wanted to talk to Jack and I. Jack helped me up and we followed my father into the kitchen.

"What did you want to talk to us about?" I asked the man as Jack and I stood side by side.

"Your mother wanted me to apologize to you two, but there's no point in apologizing when there's no real meaning behind the words." My father spoke up, looking at me with disappointment and a bit of disgust.

"Then why the hell did you want to talk to us for." I spat out, feeling Jack wrap an arm around my waist.

"To make your mother think that I did apologize."

"Well, it's been long enough so you can walk out now."

"Very well, but if your mother asks, we're okay now."

I glared at my father as he walked out of the kitchen and Jack rubbed my back as I started shaking. Tears rolled down my cheeks and Jack pulled me into his arms.

"Baby, calm down." He cooed into my ear.

"W-Why does he hate me so much?" I mumbled into his shoulder.

Jack simply held me tight for a bit until I decided that we should go back to the living room. Ben was sitting on May's lap telling him something that happened at school. Vic eyed me worriedly, but I sent him a smile.

"Um, I wanna make an announcement." Jack spoke up and everyone went silent, their eyes focused on Jack.

"What is it sweetie?" Joyce asked.

"I know this is soon, but come to think about it, everything Alex and I have done has been quick. Anyways, Lex, you know I love you so much and I wish there was more ways for me to prove it to you. I do have a way and with our families here present I want to ask you something very important." Jack spoke as he knelt down in front of me. "Baby, I want to spend the rest of my life with you and our kids as one big family. Alex, will you do me the honor of becoming my husband?"

"Oh my gosh, Jack." I whispered as tears blurred my vision and I covered my mouth with my right hand while nodding. "Of course I will."

Jack smiled at me and slid the ring on my finger while the others clapped. I cupped Jack's face and pulled him up for a kiss which he gladly returned. We broke it off a few seconds later and I smiled at him.

The next morning Ben woke us up early to open the presents. I smiled and told Ben to go wait for us downstairs while I woke Jack up.

"Baby, I have a surprise for you." I sang to Jack who smiled at me.

"You should for me more often. I love your voice." Jack spoke.

"Why thank you." I giggled and we brushed our teeth and washed our faces before walking downstairs where Ben was watching cartoons. "Come on sweetie, let's start opening the presents."

Ben nodded happily and moved towards the tree, picking out the biggest present he had which happened to be the race car set he wanted. When it came down to Jack's last present, I was practically shaking in excitement. I almost exploded as Jack tore the wrapping paper away and lifted the lid of the box. He looked down with a small frown and I giggled while Ben peeked into the box.

"Lex, what's this supposed to mean?" Jack asked me as he pulled out the matching outfits and my latest ultrasound. "Oh my gosh, wait. Are we having twins?!"

I nodded happily and Jack pulled me into his arms, kissing my temple. I looked over at Ben who looked so confused at this point. Jack and I pulled away and turned towards Ben, Jack pulling the child onto his lap.

"Baby, your having two little siblings." Jack told Ben who looked at me with wide eyes.

"Two babies?" Ben looked at us while holding two little fingers and I nodded. "Where they gon' to sleep? Are you kicking me out?!"

"No sweetheart. We love you so much and you know that. The babies are sleeping in the room next to yours. They don't need your room, they just need one because they'll be small and don't need a lot of room." I told the distressed child.

"Okay." Ben giggled and snuggled into Jack's chest.

The doorbell rang and I got up to open it, smiling when Rian and Cassadee walked in with Ben's final present.

"Merry Christmas, Lex." Cass smiled and pulled me into a hug, kissing my cheek and walking further into the house.

"Merry Christmas." Rian smiled and hugged me too before I led them into the living room.

"Benji, look who's here with another present!" I exclaimed and Ben looked up from where he was still sitting on Jack and smiled.

"Hey kiddo." Cassadee cooed as she picked up Ben and smothered him with kisses.

"Hey bro." Jack greeted Rian.

"Hey. Ben, why don't you open your present right now?" Rian told Ben as he set the box down on the ground.

"Okay!" Ben nodded and Cassadee set him down on his feet.

I stood beside Jack and we all watched as Ben took the lid of the box and gasped in excitement. He looked over at us and we laughed.

"It's mine?!" Ben exclaimed as he lifted the small white puppy into his arms.

"Yeah kiddo. Merry Christmas!" Cassadee smiled as she leaned into Rian.

"Thank you!" Ben told them and giggled when the puppy licked his cheek.

"Thanks guys for helping us out." I told them and they smiled.

"It's no problem. We love the kid and you know you guys can always count on us." Rian spoke up.

"Well, make sure to save some love for my twins." Jack smiled as he rubbed my stomach.

"You're having twins?!" Cassadee gasped and pulled me into a hug.

Yep, this is definitely my best Christmas ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm on Spring Break now, so more writing time!! YAY!! Anyways, I have a new story coming out soon it'll be Alex/Vic and Kellic.
Oh and I apologize if it seems a little random, but I'm sick and the medicine I'm taking makes me feel weird. So yeah :)