Status: Are you brave to read this story?

Remember Who You Are

2

It’s been six months since I left home. It would be safe, no one goes in rocky area it’s to dangerous. Dad had once told Brent and me the story of how mom and him found one another. She had gone to far from her group, that she was with and wound up in his territory. He said that he didn’t want to hurt her, even though he was hungry. All he wanted to do was make her his and have a family together. Years later after getting married they had Brent and me.

Ridding into a town with a name to far gone, I get looks from people. They don’t trust me, which is good maybe they would leave me alone. This will me the second town I have come a cross in a month. My hours needs to rest, just like I do. Guiding Smoke to a motel, I get off of him and tie him up. He wouldn’t leave me even if he tried, we are family. But I don’t trust the people around here, like they don’t trust me.

Walking into the hotel, I get looks of wonder of what my face looks like under this dirt and what my body looks like under these filthy clothes. Going to the bar I order water, it will have to do for now until I can get blood. My stomach also growls so I order some potatoes and green beans. It’ll be the first good meal I have gotten in weeks, we ran out of human food some time ago but I know how to hunt and Smoke has a feed bag. That horse eats better then I do some times.

“Hey girl, what you doing in these parts?” an older man, maybe late thirties asks.

“Passing threw.” is the only words that come out of my mouth, because if I keep talking my fangs will come out and I will attack him. I have tried to give up the life to drink human blood and only live on animal blood. Its harder then it looks.

“I got a room here, you can join me in the bed.” he says getting to close to me now.

With this dirt and mud I look older, but he might still be doing the same thing if I was cleaned up. Getting up, I push the dishes to the man behind the counter. He knows something bad will happen if this man keeps bugging me. It will either come from the young group off on the right side or it will come from me. He seen my gun soon as I walked in here and I know how to use it, just like I know how to use my whip that’s in one of my saddle bags.

“Do you have a room I can stay the night?” I ask the man behind the desk.

“Yeah right up stairs.” he tells me.

“Where can I take my horse for rest?” I ask him.

“Right around the corner. I’ll have someone draw you a bath and to have someone clean your clothes.” he offers.

“Thanks.” then I push past the man that is still to close. My fangs are wanting to come out, but they can’t. There are to many humans around and even if I was able to kill every single one of them, it would be a mess and I hate leaving messes behind. Dad had always told me, it was a vampire ability to clean up and not make a spectacle out of it’s feeding to the world.

As I go outside to Smoke, he picks his head up and looks behind me. The man from before grabs my arm and turns me around. “You don’t need another room, you can stay in mine.” He grabs my ass and pulls me into between his legs. I can feel his pride twitch from wanting and needing.

Without warning I grab the back of his neck and make him let go of me. I show him my face, how my blue eyes from my mother turn red and my fangs contract. “You will not touch me or any other girl like that again in that manner. You will go on your way and bother no one.” I look in his eyes and right away, his mind is mine to control.

“Yes ma’am.” he says and then I let him go, then he goes on his way.

~Should drank his blood when I had the chance, damn it.~

<*>

I’ve laid in the tub for over an hour now, my body and hair clean. I don’t want to get out, it’s to relaxing and staying in this tub makes me feel like, I wont rip out the next person I see throat out.

A knock comes to the door and a girl about my age walks in. She picks up a towel for me to get out of the tub. ~Guess I have stayed in to long.~ Getting out of the tub she sees my body of what it is. She sees the scars on my left half of my body and the jagged mark going down my right leg. The scars where from some fence, trying to fix the fence when I was little and the scar down my leg was from someone trying to steal from me. They didn’t get away. Hell they didn’t even have a chance to scream in pain.

“What happened?” she asks me as I rap myself up.

“Fence and someone trying to cross me.” I tell her simply and then I leave her and the bathroom behind.

A young man walks up to me, looks me up and down. He wants the same thing the older man wanted, but he holds his tong about it. “I checked on your hours for you ma’am, doing real good.” he tells me.

“Thanks.” then I walk on.

The hotel is closing down the bar for the night, but staying open for a little longer to see if anymore travelers will come. Walking into my room, a set of some of my other clothing is on the bed and ready for me to put on. The change is quick and soothing, just like my clean skin and hair.

Walking over to the window, I look up at the moon. I will soon be with the Tribe. The people that dance around the fire and tell stories. I will see people that I know and one that I have loved since I was a child. Would he remember me? Would he be scared of me for what I am now? Those like so many other questions fill my mind.

Last time I had seen him, the blood lust wasn’t this bad and if it was anything of a problem I don’t remember.
♠ ♠ ♠
If anything, please recommend this story if you don't subscribe and like always, any and all are welcome to comment. Happy New Year!!