‹ Prequel: Wretched and Divine
Status: active

Ohio Is for Lovers

Chapter Six

"Andy!" His mother called from the kitchen. "I need you to run to the grocery store for me."

"But Mom!" Andy whined back, not taking his eyes off GTA 5 playing on his TV screen. He and Jake were in battle mode and he wasn't about to let anyone, not even his mother, mess up his chances of winning.

"Andrew!" His mother yelled back sternly.

He paused the game in frustration. "I have friends over, Mom. Can't you just go?"

"Who do you think the one cooking all this food for your friends is, huh?" She challenged.

His dad walked into the living room and stood behind the couch. "Andy stop acting like a bratty teenager. We didn't raise you like this. And besides, you're twenty-three years old already. It's time you start acting like it."

"I'll go!" CC raised his hand slightly, beginning to stand up. Andy's mom appeared in the doorway to the living room, wringing her hands with a dish towel.

"CC, honey, you don't have to do that. Andy is the one who should go." She gave her son a glare.

CC was already up and headed towards the door. "It's cool Mrs. B, I can go. Just give me a list of things to get and I'll be on my way!" He smiled widely and Andy's mom sighed, escaping into the kitchen to jot down a quick list for CC.

"You're a sweet boy, CC." She said, handing him the list and giving him a sympathetic smile.

CC shrugged. "Hey, Andy's family is my family."

***


Once at the grocery store, CC began to question why exactly he had agreed to go shopping for Andy's mom. He had no idea where anything in the store was, and he had no idea what brands they liked. He furrowed his eyebrows while scanning the list in his hands and pushing the cart down the aisle.

Suddenly, his cart hit another and he dropped the list and looked up. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" He exclaimed, rushing over to help the girl he ran into. He lent her a hand and picked her up off the floor.

"It's no big deal." She laughed slightly, brushing the dirt off the back of her pants.

She looked up at him and he became entranced by her blue eyes and dual colored hair with bangs that swooped across her forehead. She had on a v-neck t-shirt, drawing his eyes to her chest subconsciously.

As he realized he was staring at her boobs, he shook his head and broke his gaze. "Uh, yeah , sorry again..." He walked back over to his cart.

"What's your name?" She asked.

He stopped and turned around, gazing at her shyly. "Oh, I'm CC. It's short for Christian Coma."

She giggled. "Oh, I know you! You play in Black Veil Brides, don't you?"

He smiled. Someone had recognized him in public. "Yeah, that's me! What's your name?"

"Eve." She blushed. "I'm Lena's friend." She said, knowing that he would know exactly who Lena was.

CC's eyes lit up. "Really?!" His smile widened into a huge grin. "Oh my god, this is so great!"

"It is?" Eve asked, as CC ran up to her and grabbed one of her hands.

"We should all do something together! You, me, Ashley, Lena, Jake, Andy, Jinxx, Jake--" CC started listing everyone off.

"And Carson! I'm sure she would love Ashley." Eve mentioned.

"Carson!" CC exclaimed. "Yeah, sure! We should all go--"

"Bowling!" Eve finished his sentence for him.

"Exactly!" He laughed and she laughed too. She liked his laugh; it was contagious. He liked her voice. It was so quiet and sweet. He felt like she was the type who would never hurt a fly and enjoyed being protected by a genuine guy like him. It was like they were a match made in heaven. He was goofy, shy at times, and genuine. She was shy, sweet, and all around genuine herself. He couldn't have ever asked for a better grocery store trip, and she was thinking the exact same thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
fillery? kinda I guess? idk but yeah I decided to start this little cute thing between CC and Eve because I feel like their personalities are perfect for each other. I know I really didn't describe it very well but it's like 11:30 PM so don't blame me. sadly another update with no comments. I understand that you guys are busy and you have school, work , whatever. I do too. I am starting school again tomorrow and I dance every single day plus work and I still manage to find time to update my shit for you guys. The least I ask of you is to leave a single comment. They're honestly very encouraging and sometimes you guys leave me ideas or thoughts that I never had thought of before. I like reading your insight and what you guys are thinking of the story. Wretched and Divine was a huge hit and I want the sequel to be just as great. Maybe it's because not a lot of people go on here anymore, but I just get really disappointed in myself when I log on and have 0 notifications. I'm not mad at you guys, it just makes me feel as though I let you guys down or that you don't like my writing anymore. Just think, the more people who comment, the faster the update will be. And I say that honestly. The more comments I get makes me think about the story more often and I actually have the desire to update because it's how I know that you guys actually are enjoying the story. I'm sorry for sounding whiny or thirsty for attention but that's just honestly how it feels when you put so much work into a chapter and it gets nothing.