The Boy Next Door

thirteen.

The girls all stood around Ella’s room, looking in mirrors, talking about the boys attending tonight and posing for endless selfies. Clara was applying the last of her make-up, looking sexy in her cat woman, all in one black latex suit. Her brown main was big and her eye make-up perfectly created that feline look.

Vick was dressed as Daisy Duke, wearing her signature red crop work top and some denim shorts. Her blonde hair was slightly wavy and her make-up was made to look considerably minimal.

Tamera was here too as Ella really wanted the girl to like her; she didn’t want any hard feelings between them both just because some guy was being stupid. She was dressed as Dorothy, though the dress was more on the sexier side than your usual Dorothy Gale. She looked beautiful, but Ella could see the tense looks she was sending her.

“Tamera, you look gorgeous. You’ll have the guys at your feet, for sure!” Clara clapped her hands, finishing off the girls hair. Tamera half smiled, though her face returned neutral when Ella agreed.

Ella had taken longer to pick out her outfit when the girls went shopping, but eventually- with the persistent push from Clara- she picked the outfit Julia Roberts wore in Pretty Woman. She felt uncomfortable in the ‘supposed’ hooker outfit, but it was one of her favourite movies, so she began loosening up. She slipped on the thigh high latex boots and adjusted the white top half of the dress. Her blonde hair was tightly curled, mimicking Julia’s look to a tee; apart from the fact that she was brunette and Ella was blonde.

“Come on girls, let’s pose for a picture.” Vick shouts as the four girls stood in front of the double floor length mirror and take a series of pictures, varying from pouts to smiles to tongues out.

By now, they had started consuming alcohol and Ella would feel the familiar sensation of the drink numbing her senses. She wasn’t drunk, but closer to the tipsy side.

“Let’s go, everyone will be arriving soon.” Clara smiled, linking her arm through Ella’s and dragging her out the room and downstairs.

Within the next hour, Ella’s house is crammed with her entire year group and a few from the above. Ella’s parent’s had made sure to hire someone on the door who had a guest list. They learnt from the first time that parties gave the younger years at school an idea to crash them. Ella was thankful her parent’s made sure it never happened again.

Most the night, Ella spent greeting and thanking everyone for coming. She avoided Oscar like the plague and he seemed to get the idea that she wasn’t interested. She was happy to see him with his arm around Tamera and was even more pleased when Tamera returned her smile.

Most the people had taken to the garden, which Ella seemed to prefer. Her father had set the BBQ up and bought plenty of meat and food, which Ella had promised only Laurie, would control since her dad knew him and liked Laurie. Vick was by his side like usual, but it was sweet. It didn’t seem right having a Vick without a Laurie. Ella hoped that maybe she could find that sort of relationship. She hushed her mind when it pictured Harry.

Speaking of Harry, Ella often found herself looking at his bedroom window, wondering if he was in and if he had company. She was looking forward to him taking her out tomorrow; she realised that she craved the time she spent with him. She knew she was addicted to his presence and hoped it wouldn’t be her downfall.

“Hey beautiful,” A familiar voice broke her stare from the window. Thomas Jacobs was approaching her, all in his handsome glory. She realised why she had stuck with him longer than usual; he was definitely something to look at.

“Hey Thomas,” Ella accepted his hug and smiled when the familiar soft lips kissed her cheek.

“You look incredible.” He smiles, showing off some pearly whites. Thomas was always the fancy one, with his fancy teeth and fancy cars. He was one of those that loved showing off his lavished lifestyle. That’s what had turned Ella off him. That, and his somewhat lack of holding a conversation- all the guy was interested in was the physical.

“So do you,” Ella replied, enjoying taking in his hard toned chest. He was dressed as Rocky Balboa, so literally was only wearing the shorts and gloves, with some fake bruises and blood on him.

Thomas left soon after that, reminding Ella just how crap he was at holding a conversation.

Ella moved through the garden, smiling as a few people swam in the pool she had uncovered earlier, knowing some people would like to swim. She waved at a few familiar faces, before grabbing another drink from the cooler and heading back inside.

Clara grabbed her for a dance, which the living room had been cleared to create and good dance space. They both had a laugh as they tried twerking to some Rhianna song and attempted the rap to Eminem. Slowly, the alcohol was wearing off and Ella felt the small twinge in her head that told her she needed a drink now before she went into an early hangover.

She found a bottle of wine and took it upstairs to her room. She had already made it clear that upstairs was only for the toilet if the downstairs one was occupied. The rooms were out of bounds, which meant a lot of the guests just fondled each other behind her garden or just in front of everyone.

Ella closed her door and switched the light on. She sat herself on her bed and popped open the bottle. She took a healthy swig from the cold liquid, smiling when it brings her back up again. She pulls it back from her lips and lets out a long sigh as she falls down against her bed. The bottle stays upright as she stares at the ceiling, wondering why she wasn’t down with the rest of the crowd.

Suddenly the door jerks open and Ella stands up at shouts at the hooded figure.

“Hey, bedroom is out of bounds.” She points to the door. But when the guy looks up and removes the hood and glasses, Ella’s face breaks into a wide smile. “Harry.”

“Hey Watson,” Harry smiles, “I hope you don’t mind me crashing your party.” His smirk is gorgeous and makes Ella feel suddenly conscious of what she is wearing. She folds her arm over her exposed stomach and tugs the top up so her cleavage isn’t as visible.

“Your name was on the list, silly.” She points out. She had told him she would put his name on the list just in case he changed his mind- she hadn’t imagined he would.

“I know, but I’ve always wanted to crash a party, so just go along with it.” He winks and suddenly she is aware of his eyes taking in her costume. “Julia Roberts, Pretty Woman, right?”

“Right,” I reply, “Psychotic murderous rapist?”

“How did you guess?” He laughs, gesturing to the all-black clothes.

“What are you doing here, anyway?” Ella asks as she moves around her bed and offers him the bottle. Harry accepts it and takes a long drink from the bottle. He lets out a long ‘ahh’ and hands it back.

“I wanted to see you,” He admits, running a hand through his dishevelled hair, looking at the floor before looking back up at her again.

“Oh, I see,” Ella fights back the smile as she takes a small sip from the bottle. She finishes it and places it on her bedside table. “Well I’m glad you’re here.” She admits herself. Harry’s initial worried creases relax and he beams a smile that has his dimples pop deeper than ever. He steps closer to the tips of their toes are now touching.

“You look amazing, by the way.” Ella loves how open and honest he is tonight and she wonders what has changed. His hand lifts up and he moves some hair from her face, tucking it behind her ear. Ella looks down at her feet, biting her bottom lip and suppressing a smile. Harry lifts her head up and using the pad of his thumb, pulls her lip from her teeth. “Don’t bite your lip; you’ll make me do something I might later regret.” His voice his deep and low and it has Ella subconsciously leaning closer.

“I’m sorry,” Ella whispers, realising she is now struggling to breath. His smell is intoxicating her senses and fogging her mind.

Harry’s hand reaches over and grabs the bare skin of Ella’s stomach, pulling her flush against his skin.

“I can’t hold back any more. I can’t do it,” He says aloud, though Ella realises he is saying it more to himself than her.

“Then don’t,” Ella speaks, causing Harry’s green eyes to dilate and his grip tighten slightly.

Finally, after wanting it for so long, Harry’s lips meet hers in a hesitant and simple kiss. His lips are soft and she inwardly smiles at how irresistible his taste is.

Harry goes to pull back, but Ella is done over thinking and she knows that simple kiss isn’t good enough for her. She hooks her hand around his neck and buries her fingers in his hair, pulling his face back to hers. This time, the kiss is deeper and fierier than the first. The need is evident this time as all the sexual tension begins to seep into this perfect act of intimacy between the two.

They finally break apart and both are panting, catching their breath.

“God, I’ve wanted to kiss those lips the first time I saw you. You’re so beautiful,” Harry says slowly and quietly, resting his forehead against hers.

“I was so scared you didn’t feel the same way.” Ella admits, staring deep into his green orbs as she tried to see if all this was real; that Harry really felt the same.

“Me too, Watson.” He replies, kissing her forehead. “Look I really don’t want to, but I need to go because Liam and Niall are probably wondering where I got too. But are we still on for tomorrow?” His eyes are hopeful and as much as Ella wants him to stay, she knows she better get back to her guests.

“Of course,” She smiles, folding her arms around his chest and accepting the warm embrace that differed from all the rest. This one held so much more possibility.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the costume that Ella wore!

Thank you everyone who is commenting! I will get round to thanking you personally soon, I promise. You're all amazing and you fuel my inspiration. I do write for myself, but seeing those comments really gives me the push up the arse to get the update out to you guys <3